Kendrick uses F-slur in song

favorite crime

obviously its disgusting but he will be easily given a free pass. The wokies have different rules for everyone. 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• Hephaestus

• Joey Coco

• Vermillion

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BnPac said:

!!! 

Atrl is such a weird place. 

I don't see how he could have made the point in a provocative way without saying it. But OK. 

This like I don’t understand the users saying he could’ve kept it out the song? :rip:

5 minutes ago, Joey Coco said:

I'm surprised the message he was conveying went over so many heads.

WE GET THE MESSAGE WE GET IT. He knows it was wrong!!! His auntie is a man now and he is remorseful for saying it!! It doesn’t excuse the fact that he is STRAIGHT and he said the f slur in a song!!!! It’s not that hard to grasp why this is wrong and people are offended

44 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

A rapper on his level, making a pro-LGBTQ+ song, with the type audience he has, is kind of a big deal. Meanwhile, here's ATRL finding a way to turn it into a negative. 

Would you feel the same way if a white person was the topic saying the N word multiple times in a song even if it was a “positive message” :deadbanana4:

Like genuinely curious

9 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

Kendrick tricks them into singing pro-trans lyrics... sounds like a win to me 

Demetrius is Mary-Ann now
I mean he's really Mary-Ann, even took things further
Changed his gender before Bruce Jenner was certain

The intention of the song is that Kendrick chose his love of family over ignorance/religion, but these lyrics are not pro-trans…something can be intended to support something without it doing so.

id argue the above lyrics are even worse than the slur. In a verse, there is blatant misgendering, deadnaming, implying that someone is even “more trans” once they get surgery…

Edited by MAKSIM

There’s something painfully ironic about some people listening to the entire album and only speaking about him using that word and ignoring the context in this song. Painfully ironic. 

He isn't even that "woke" on this album, if y'all would actually listen to it. :rip:

y’all, we know the message of the song is good but that doesn’t change the fact that he shouldn’t be saying that word in the first place and he just gave millions upon millions of straight people the pass to say it too :jonny5:

1 minute ago, MAKSIM said:

The intention of the song is that Kendrick chose his love of family over ignorance/religion, but these lyrics are not pro-trans…something can be intended to support something without it doing so.

id argue the above lyrics are even worse than the slur. 

Calling his trans aunt a “he” :deadbanana:

Just now, Slayn said:

WE GET THE MESSAGE WE GET IT. He knows it was wrong!!! His auntie is a man now and he is remorseful for saying it!! It doesn’t excuse the fact that he is STRAIGHT and he said the f slur in a song!!!! It’s not that hard to grasp why this is wrong and people are offended

I think it's a bit of a reach to mark him as homophobic. We don't have to agree on his approach but I think the fact that it's a pro-LBGTQ song is more important than our differing opinions and feelings. 

But I am happy Atrl has found something about Kendrick, it only ever takes so long with black artists. 

Just now, sourtwink said:

y’all, we know the message of the song is good but that doesn’t change the fact that he shouldn’t be saying that word in the first place and he just gave millions upon millions of straight people the pass to say it too :jonny5:

!!!! this this THIS

what aren’t they getting????

2 minutes ago, Valentine said:

tumblr_inline_pbmquvaFIk1qfb043_250.gif

Please I was searching for this gif.

OT: You can be supportive and not use the f slur. It's that easy.

tumblr_inline_pbmquvaFIk1qfb043_250.gif

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Would you feel the same way if a white person was the topic saying the N word multiple times in a song even if it was a “positive message” :deadbanana4:

Like genuinely curious

John Lennon and Patti Smith did it and I was ok with it.

1 minute ago, BnPac said:

But I am happy Atrl has found something about Kendrick, it only ever takes so long with black artists. 

It was only a matter of time. :siptea:

6 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

id argue the above lyrics are even worse than the slur. 

I don't agree that the lyrics are transphobic here. It seems more like a challenging of his own perspective in the past on his trans family members. 

Edited by Kylizzle

1 minute ago, Joey Coco said:

I think it's a bit of a reach to mark him as homophobic. We don't have to agree on his approach but I think the fact that it's a pro-LBGTQ song is more important than our differing opinions and feelings. 

I’m not marking him as homophobic!! I never did, not once did I say that! Just because you make a mistake doesn’t make you homophobic, the song is obviously NOT homophobic, but he said the slur. He’s straight. That’s wrong.

He’s gonna be praised for this by music publications I know it. It’s wrong. If we disagree we disagree.

Taylucifer
4 minutes ago, sourtwink said:

i can already hear lil white boys rapping that verse and saying the word :hoetenks: 

as if straight women on Tiktok who thinks saying f* is a trend isn’t bad enough 

Just now, Slayn said:

I’m not marking him as homophobic!! I never did, not once did I say that! Just because you make a mistake doesn’t make you homophobic, the song is obviously NOT homophobic, but he said the slur. He’s straight. That’s wrong.

He’s gonna be praised for this by music publications I know it. It’s wrong. If we disagree we disagree.

That wasn't meant for you. :laugh: Oops. He's a critic's darling, so he will get praised for it and probably will focus more on the message instead of the slur.

11 minutes ago, flower moon said:

If he isn't a ****** he shouldn't being using the word. That's it. That's the discussion

well he did so fume accordingly :celestial5:

The good intention is there but the song is all over the place. That ending :rip:

but he said its ignorant to say it 

i think its really good and hopefully some cis and straight ppl start thinking

55 minutes ago, Butters said:

He’s forgiven :heart2:

fjdnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnv