Kim Petras' album shelved and delayed by label for lacking "good songs"

Communion

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

Reported. Her Luke propaganda won’t give you the right to be transphobic.

:isudumblmao:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferret

• Lady Claire

• aesthetic bih

• bestfiction

3 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Idk if it sounds QAnon'd but my assumption would be that Luke was basically using Kim while he was ostracized to subtly push himself back into the industry and now that he makes hits for Doja and others, he's pretty much back in the game and Kim isn't really needed. Maybe he persuaded her into a cotnract to shut her up? Because how in the world was she supposed to release 7 successful albums while being a niche gay artist

I'm almost certain this was his plan. He wanted her to sign a contract for 7 albums because it ensures a bigger safety net. If things don't go as plan he always has Kim in the corner waiting for the next album imo 

17 hours ago, Ferret said:

Thank u!! :heart:

i cant believe that ***** pink2love or whatever reported me after i told them i didnt mean it. **** them

17 hours ago, Oxygen said:

They didn’t :deadbanana:

:ahh: :ahh: why does this exchange have me cackling 

9 hours ago, skankle said:

It's an extra mess because she's going to be in the same chained to Luke situation Kesha is in :deadbanana4:  Karma did in fact keep receipts!

8 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

With the difference that Kesha will be out of this situation after her next album :deadbanana2:

Nnn i'd feel bad for Kim if she wasn't a clown. That's what u get for enabling rapists!

890229734_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).thumb.g

Kim is just on label limbo just like any other B-C list like Ava, Zara, Bebe, Mabel etc who are able to drop albums only when they get hits or if the label give up trying. Kesha's situation was much deeper than that as she wasn't able to release music for other reasons, so idk why some of you are making comparisons between these.

And Kim doesn't have any problem with Luke y'all... the problem she has is with her record label :ace: anyone saw this coming as soon as she signed that damn contract. No hits = no album. She'll keep releasing standalone singles until something sticks and Republic lets her do the album rollout

Edited by Lady Claire

Wait her contract says she has to release 7 albums under Dr. Luke's label? :deadbanana: The same Dr. Luke who had been outed years ago as a massive control freak who barred Kesha from releasing an album? Kim sweetie what were you thinking? 

I mean... she just doesn't have the hit factor I fear

15 hours ago, TheWalkOfShame said:

Why Aaron Joseph tho? I thought they unfollowed each other and don’t work together anymore.

but yeah she would be better off as an independent Artist 

I thought it had been pretty well-established that Aaron is her handler…..

35 minutes ago, JamieZolanski said:

I thought it had been pretty well-established that Aaron is her handler…..

yes but people were saying last week that he unfollowed Kim on socials recently, so we were wondering what's going on there/if it's related to the album delay

6 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

You guys are doing the most about **** Pop lmao, it was just a side project 

and it was so awful it killed her career :soda:

On 5/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, CBC said:

I'm almost certain this was his plan. He wanted her to sign a contract for 7 albums because it ensures a bigger safety net. If things don't go as plan he always has Kim in the corner waiting for the next album imo 

Let’s not forget how unscrupulous of a businessman Luke is. Take a look the record deal for 5 seconds and you can see why Luke would be salivating all over it. An imprint on a major label (just like the good ole Kemosabe days), priority access to some of the biggest artists in the industry right now (I can see him being VERY interested in working with the likes of Ariana Grande, Conan Gray, Daddy Yankee, Drake, G Herbo, Hailee Steinfeld, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, and Twice and probably more than I overlooked), and it seems as though he’s going to be heavily involved with their A&R team.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this contract and the vast majority of the negotiations were reps from Republic and Luke hammering things out. Seems like Luke used Kim as a proxy to negotiate with Republic, and you can definitely see the appeal for both sides for it to go down this way. They got to spin the narrative in their favor (i.e. “Kim Petras Signs Deal With Republic Records, Becomes the First Transgender Artist to Sign With a Major Label”) instead of dealing with the negative PR of “Dr. Luke, Kesha’s Alleged Abuser, signs massive new deal with Republic Records to Start New Record Imprint, Lead A&R”

While it’s easy to see Kim as naive or taken advantage of in this situation, she is not stupid, and has been working in the industry for more than 10 years. She knew exactly what the implications of this deal, and she chose to attach herself to the Luke train, for better or for worse. Pigeonholing herself into major label album cycles and burying herself industry red tape were not her goals when signing that contract. She’s almost 30 years old and her viability as a pop start is quickly waning, so by signing a 7 album deal, it basically guarantees her ability to access to Luke’s cash flow for life. And with Luke’s successes poised to keep piling up, going this route instead of staying independent, making critically acclaimed yet niche nonetheless golden-age pop records for the gays, anever cracking the Hot 100, and fizzling out in 6 years, it probably seemed (and most likely will end up being) the far more profitable route for Kim to take 

Edited by JamieZolanski

On 5/11/2022 at 8:57 PM, Ferret said:

Isnt dr Luke her producer? He surely has the hits

I saw you calling Kim a he, I hope you get a WP. That's disgusting and was so on purpose. Nothing about Kim is manly.

How can a label kickstart an era when they don’t think all the songs are good ? 

doesn’t make any sense to launch a campaign when everything is not planned…

8 hours ago, JustHoran said:

I saw you calling Kim a he, I hope you get a WP. That's disgusting and was so on purpose. Nothing about Kim is manly.

Where? :rip: 

16 hours ago, JamieZolanski said:

Let’s not forget how unscrupulous of a businessman Luke is. Take a look the record deal for 5 seconds and you can see why Luke would be salivating all over it. An imprint on a major label (just like the good ole Kemosabe days), priority access to some of the biggest artists in the industry right now (I can see him being VERY interested in working with the likes of Ariana Grande, Conan Gray, Daddy Yankee, Drake, G Herbo, Hailee Steinfeld, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, and Twice and probably more than I overlooked), and it seems as though he’s going to be heavily involved with their A&R team. The only potential here thats negative is the possibility (like

I wouldn’t be surprised if this contract and the vast majority of the negotiations were reps from Republic and Luke hammering things out. Seems like Luke used Kim as a proxy to negotiate with Republic, and you can definitely see the appeal for both sides for it to go down this way. They got to spin the narrative in their favor (i.e. “Kim Petras Signs Deal With Republic Records, Becomes the First Transgender Artist to Sign With a Major Label”) instead of dealing with the negative PR of “Dr. Luke, Kesha’s Alleged Abuser, signs massive new deal with Republic Records to Start New Record Imprint, Lead A&R”

While it’s easy to see Kim as naive or taken advantage of in this situation, she is not stupid, and has been working in the industry for more than 10 years. She knew exactly what the implications of this deal, and she chose to attach herself to the Luke train, for better or for worse. Pigeonholing herself into major label album cycles and burying herself industry red tape were not her goals when signing that contract. She’s almost 30 years old and her viability as a pop start is quickly waning, so by signing a 7 album deal, it basically guarantees her ability to access to Luke’s cash flow for life. And with Luke’s successes poised to keep piling up, going this route instead of staying independent, making critically acclaimed yet niche nonetheless golden-age pop records for the gays, anever cracking the Hot 100, and fizzling out in 6 years, it probably seemed (and most likely will end up being) the far more profitable route for Kim to take 

Interesting point! You're probably right

16 hours ago, JamieZolanski said:

Let’s not forget how unscrupulous of a businessman Luke is. Take a look the record deal for 5 seconds and you can see why Luke would be salivating all over it. An imprint on a major label (just like the good ole Kemosabe days), priority access to some of the biggest artists in the industry right now (I can see him being VERY interested in working with the likes of Ariana Grande, Conan Gray, Daddy Yankee, Drake, G Herbo, Hailee Steinfeld, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, and Twice and probably more than I overlooked), and it seems as though he’s going to be heavily involved with their A&R team. The only potential here thats negative is the possibility (like

i feel like there's a few jumps in logic here. kim and luke are linked musically. i don't think he ever managed her in the way he did with becky or kesha etc. so i don't see why kim signing with republic would give him access to those other artists. he doesn't represent her so he shouldn't have any part in those contract negotiations, i could be wrong tho.

karma really had its kiss for the "treat me like a ****" singer

drag-me-to-hell.thumb.gif.05d38af7f4a082

give us hit it from the back / revelations and retire queen

Am I supposed to feel sorry for that *****? Well I don't. 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:45 AM, JustHoran said:

How f*****g up your own ass do you have to be to automatically assume they were being transphobic? :rip: they literally said English isn’t their first language, which IS what you should give them the benefit of doubt about first. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.