Kelly Clarkson Teases New Music Project

PieceByPiece_KC

Discussed 0:01 - 0:24

The upcoming music project is most likely not:

-The long awaited divorce album. I think she is alluding to it not being the divorce album by saying "I don't want to excite people. It's not maybe what people think"

-9 to 5 duet with Dolly Parton. In this interview she mentions that she can't talk about whatever the new project is yet. The 9 to 5 duet has been announced, publicized, and discussed with Dolly on The Kelly Clarkson Show

I think the project she is teasing is either a re-recording of certain RCA songs or a covers project - maybe a combination of both.

There have been hints to both re-recordings of previously released songs & a covers album. 

In January, 2022 Kelly did a Q&A where the prospect of re-recording her songs was brought up. Based on her reaction, it seemed like a planted question and a hint that it was coming. (follow me on twitter, besties)

Last year, Kelly's band was in the studio. One of her engineers posted a picture on Instagram of them recording a project called "Already Gone". Likely some kind of re-recording of her 2009 hit. 

wFFm79q.jpg

Brooks and Dunn released a covers album a few years ago, and Ronnie Dunn revealed that Kelly was also recording a covers album. 

FScTQwrVEAUk8Qt?format=jpg&name=medium

There are also been a few "insiders" who claim this type of project is coming too, but I won't post their receipts as I don't trust them. 

So... what do you think is coming? She mentions that this project is a bridge to another one. Hopefully it is the long awaited divorce album! I know Kelly is coming for blood on that album!

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

• ATRL Administrator

I just want new music that’s good. Even if it’s new versions of her old ones. 

Also guessing the covers album from all the hints we have and things she’s said (“something people have been asking for a long time”)

A covers album that has been highly requested since Kellyoke started would do well. Then releasing the actual divorce album a few months later would be genius. Her streams would greatly improve too.

Edited by Ab1818

Sounds like a re-recordings album, but maybe not just her hits but select songs from her catalog + covers she’s performed that thematically fit together?

Personally I’d love an unreleased songs/rarities compilation instead, and she could add a few re-recordings / covers to that, but that seems unlikely.

It wouldn't be re-recordings since she would actually change things there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.