Are Mariah’s Hot 100 #1’s remembered?

D.M.F

1 minute ago, FreeXone said:

Ummm one sweet day is played a lot at funerals and when people die.

Girl, where?

That song certainly isn’t played at any Black funerals I know of and I know White people aren’t playing a Mariah Carey/Boyz II Men tune at their funerals either. 

:rip:

As for Honey. I-

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Both Sides Now

• Chris

• thetea

• brainmaniac

Not all. I'd say:

Vision of Love

Emotions

Fantasy + Remix

Always Be My Baby

We Belong Together

All I Want for Xmas Is You

These are the GP supremes.

why do people say Emotions, dat song was left behind in 1991 and da new year's eve fiasco showed why it was forgotten

Vision of Love

Hero

Fantasy

Always Be My Baby

We Belong Together

AIWFCIY

forgotten classics

Love Takes Time

Dreamlover

Honey

My All

Don't Forget About Us

forgotten regular songs

Someday

I Don't Wanna Cry

Emotions

I'll Be There

One Sweet Day

Heartbreaker

trash and doesn't even deserve mentioning

Thank God I Found You

Touch My Body

10 hours ago, Mandalay said:

Mariah's total streams on YouTube for last twelve months - 1.31 B 

Madonna's - 1.03 B 

Mariah widens her lead on Madonna on YouTube every year. Isn't that sad?

That is indeed sad that Mariah’s non seasonal songs do not manage to out-stream Madonna’s forgotten older catalog throughout the year. That xmas carol is truly carrying 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:30 PM, CaptainMusic said:

Fantasy

Hero

Always Be My Baby

We Belong Together

I remember Touch My Body but not sure if most people would, especially outside the U.S. 

EDIT: I forgot AIWFCIY went #1, that too obviously 

Actually TMB is unfortunately one of her most remembered and loved hits here in Europe along with AIWFCIY, Hero, WBT and her biggest EU non-AIWFCIY hit Without you

I just can't believe people are here diminishing Mariah's classics where her #1 hit is currently being sampled on a top 10 hit on Hot 100 as we speak, what the actual f :ahh:

11 hours ago, Chris said:

Which is hilarious since I asked a million times if any Mariah fan can provide numbers for these other "streaming services" and I still can never get a solid answer.

Mix that with using that Rolling Stones website as a way to conveniently make it seem like Mariah is outperforming her only for that same website to become defunct.

:soda:

Gee, I wonder why.

Anyways

OT: Her Hot 100 #1s are definitely remembered and I cannot believe the stans fell for @D.M.F's trap and he got away unscathed.

But to do you I suppose, if it makes you guys sleep better at night.

You first ask for receipts and then you decide to ignore them. Of course you can never get a "solid answer".

Spotify, YT, Apple Music, Pandora...stats are no Fàtima's secrets and have been posted several times on this very forum. 

13 minutes ago, Oceania said:

You first ask for receipts and then you decide to ignore them.

You guys literally do the same thing to Madonna fans.

Why are you upset?

It's like we have been giving you countless receipts and you guys just deflect to a different point and it becomes exhausting and very repetitive.

14 minutes ago, Oceania said:

Spotify, YT, Apple Music, Pandora...stats are no Fàtima's secrets and have been posted several times on this very forum

And Madonna fans have posted several receipts and I have explained a million times why daily streams is one of the most important things but of course that gets deflected as usual.

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

That is indeed sad that Mariah’s non seasonal songs do not manage to out-stream Madonna’s forgotten older catalog throughout the year. That xmas carol is truly carrying 

Don't even bother with them, dear.

The fact that they don't understand why it's bad that Mariah's daily streams are the way they are now is seriously alarming based of all the claims they make about Mariah Carey and her current popularity.

And for the record with regards to Mariah's Christmas song, the only reason why it gets so much traction is because of the usual holiday season and the ridiculous amount of payola spent on it. Why is she not able to sustain her monthly listeners after a few months? Why does it dramatically decrease? 

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

You guys literally do the same thing to Madonna fans.

Why are you upset?

It's like we have been giving you countless receipts and you guys just deflect to a different point and it becomes exhausting and very repetitive.

And Madonna fans have posted several receipts and I have explained a million times why daily streams is one of the most important things but of course that gets deflected as usual.

I'm not upset? :huh:

1 minute ago, Oceania said:

I'm not upset? :huh:

Congrats.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Don't even bother with them, dear.

The fact that they don't understand why it's bad that Mariah's daily streams are the way they are now is seriously alarming based of all the claims they make about Mariah Carey and her current popularity.

And for the record with regards to Mariah's Christmas song, the only reason why it gets so much traction is because of the usual holiday season and the ridiculous amount of payola spent on it. Why is she not able to sustain her monthly listeners after a few months? Why does it dramatically decrease? 

this is a pretty hollow argument. that christmas song proved it's selling power across decedes, regions and platforms. it already was the biggest christmas song ever before spotify was becoming popular

besides that, it's not really the song, the rest of the album(s) are also huge for an album this old and has more streams than most of madonna's 

and considering madonna has many more hits than mariah, and she also did better than her post 2000, i really can't see what is alarming with that espeicaly considering that spotify and youtube are the biggest in madonna's biggest ereas: south america and europa. the gap in apple music(main us platform), melon and the main african music platform is bigger twoards mariah.

and still, even if some people won't want to admit it, the christmas metiral 100% counts twoards her and if you really want to compare you should also count out madonna biggest hit(and she is not above her in that case)

madonna and mariah are both doing great though!

9 hours ago, dabunique said:

why do people say Emotions, dat song was left behind in 1991 and da new year's eve fiasco showed why it was forgotten

Because it’s her best song ever and the whistle notes are iconic 

41 minutes ago, Chris said:

57 minutes ago, Oceania said:

Spotify, YT, Apple Music, Pandora...stats are no Fàtima's secrets and have been posted several times on this very forum

y'all are the ones claiming that mariah has less streams than madonna when you take out her biggest hit and then using that to claim madonna's bigger

Edited by thetea

3 hours ago, Star dance said:

this is a pretty hollow argument. that christmas song proved it's selling power across decedes, regions and platforms. it already was the biggest christmas song ever before spotify was becoming popular

besides that, it's not really the song, the rest of the album(s) are also huge for an album this old and has more streams than most of madonna's 

and considering madonna has many more hits than mariah, and she also did better than her post 2000, i really can't see what is alarming with that espeicaly considering that spotify and youtube are the biggest in madonna's biggest ereas: south america and europa. the gap in apple music(main us platform), melon and the main african music platform is bigger twoards mariah.

and still, even if some people won't want to admit it, the christmas metiral 100% counts twoards her and if you really want to compare you should also count out madonna biggest hit(and she is not above her in that case)

madonna and mariah are both doing great though!

But the thing is no one is saying Mariah's xmas carol is not hers or whatever but when Madonna consistently out-streams her throughout the entire year until the mid November Xmas carols boost comes on gives us a pretty clear context for discussion that no MC fan wants to admit for some reason. :celestial2:

Xmas Carol > Madonna's hits > Mariah's non seasonal hits 

The "we love you Luke" chanteuse fans just can't keep Madonna's name out of their mouths huh

btPJmsU.gif

OT: yeah most of them are. Emotions, Hero, Fantasy, Always Be My Baby, We Belong Together are all staples

Edited by bestfiction

23 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Girl, where?

That song certainly isn’t played at any Black funerals I know of and I know White people aren’t playing a Mariah Carey/Boyz II Men tune at their funerals either. 

As for Honey. I-

I've heard it at a few black funerals and on people's post of people who passed.

i always hear that song or missing you by brandy and them lol..I'm black sweetie. 

Edited by FreeXone

RockStarShit101

I can't answer this question because I'm a massive fan of Mariah and I remember all of her hits I still listen to them. 

Madonna vs. Mariah #1's :: The Spotify week

01 - 1,448,369 - Like a Prayer --------------------- 01 - 1,702,631 - 1995 - Fantasy

02 - 895,911 - Like a Virgin ------------------------ 02 - 1,377,147 - 2005 - We Belong Together

03 - 677,602 - Vogue ----------------------------- 03 - 1,056,327 - 1996 - Always be my Baby

04 - 471,705 - Papa Don't Preach ----------------- 04 - 726,241 - 1993 - Hero

05 - 399,252 - Crazy For You --------------------- 05 - 583,035 - 2008 - Touch my Body

06 - 211,274 - Music ------------------------------ 06 - 520,226 - 1995 - One Sweet Day

07 - 197,751 - Live to Tell -------------------------- 07 - 403,746 - 1998 - My All

08 - 177,351 - Take a Bow ------------------------- 08 - 390,060 - 1999 - Heartbreaker

09 - 175,071 - Open your Heart -------------------- 09 - 331,345 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You

10 - 100,421 - Who's That Girl --------------------- 10 - 271,480 - 1991 - Emotions

11 - 60,555 - Justify My Love -----------------------11 - 229,189 - 1997 - Honey

12 - not tracked - This Used to be my Playground --12 - 210,108 - 1992 - I'll Be There

13 - -------------------------------------------------13 - 179,815 - 1999 - Thank God I Found You

14 - -------------------------------------------------14 - 179,655 - 1993 - Dreamlover

15 - -------------------------------------------------15 - 165,373 - 1990 - Vision of Love

16 - -------------------------------------------------16 - 116,855 - 2005 - Don't Forget About Us

17 - ------------------------------------------------- 17 - 94,302 - 1990 - Love Takes Time

18 - ------------------------------------------------- 18 - 57,525 - 1991 - Someday

19 - --------------------------------------------------19 - 26,070 - 1991 - I Don't Wanna Cry

Someday is a so-ROCK song! 

I luv it!

You have some nerves for coming for the Mariah Carey when your fave wishes she could've had hits and sales like Mariahs. 

On 5/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, dabunique said:

Tbf there was a really popular Vine back in the day that I still see around. That certainly helped it stay in the general conscience.

idk but I'll tell you that always be my baby and touch my body will always be remembered by #me!

The people bashing Don't Forget About Us.

Go to hell, homos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.