Why is Cardi stalling her sophomore album?

FOCK

Why is Cardi stalling her sophomore album?   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Where is it?

• It's coming, you're obsessed
    • Under pressure to deliver
    • Writing takes time, be patient
    • The limit does not exist

Invasion of Privacy was released April 2018 to great success.

It's been 4 years and she's managed to score several hits since, but no new body of work. 

What do you think the hold up is for Misses Belcalis' second album (Cursed by Fame)? 

Back in 2021, she said she’s recording a new album in a “ghetto ass studio”, but there's been no news since & her recent string of features made little noise.

Is she back to the drawing board?

Is she waiting on an op to drop?

Is it writers block? 

nasmarajs-xomarajs.gif

Thots below. 

Edited by FOCK

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FOCK

• favorite crime

• Symmetra

• Nicolette

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

its clearly not ready and she’s built too much pressure on its release by constantly delaying it 

This is going to get messy. And I’m here for it

giphy.gif

I’m sure she / her team is worried about how it’ll be received. The longer she waits, the more pressure and higher expectations of the album. Should’ve been released following WAP & Up, but now they’ll have to start a new campaign and hope the single(s) are successful again.

If it really is because the album is not ready (after four years) then it better be a masterpiece because :rip:

It’s giving Normani’s debut album...never coming

Invasion of Privacy is a great album. I think she’s mentioned internalizing the pressure to follow up with something better, which is understandable. If I’m not mistaken another female rapper, who also released an album in 2018, hasn’t followed up that project yet. Sometimes it just takes time. Period. If she came out with a mediocre album everyone would drag her. She’ll be fine, and personally I’d rather her take her time. 

She's obviously trying to gather as much hits as possible.. 

The pressure is on

She’s not an albums artist. She pumps out quick little hit singles with references to brands and a cool attitude to stay in good graces with the American GP who eat it up because that type of rap is all they listen to

Cardi isn’t very passionate about music tbh, she’s not exactly a great artist either, she makes bops tho

you also need to keep in mind her side projects, her businesses, plus the fact that she had a baby 

the album was most likely coming last year after WAP and Up but got pushed cause of her pregnancy 

Imo she should drop soon, the longer she waits the more she’ll get attacked if the album isn’t that good or that successful 

She gets too much in her head. I'm sure she's already recorded and scrapped multiple full albums by now. I love her and IOP is one of my fave albums of all time but it obviously doesn't take 4 years to write 12+ good trap bops. Pardi can write her an album in a weekend

28 minutes ago, SoJro101 said:

Invasion of Privacy is a great album. I think she’s mentioned internalizing the pressure to follow up with something better, which is understandable. If I’m not mistaken another female rapper, who also released an album in 2018, hasn’t followed up that project yet. Sometimes it just takes time. Period. If she came out with a mediocre album everyone would drag her. She’ll be fine, and personally I’d rather her take her time. 

I don't think that's an apt comparison, considering Cardi was essentially a breakout artist, who hasn't followed up in 4 years, while another is over a decade into a music career.

I feel like when it finally does come, it'll be a compilation sorts... WAP and Up will obviously make it, maybe Please Me, idk about Money (probably not) and Press. That's already like 2B streams from 3 songs alone... either way it's gonna be huge when it drops.

I think she is still negotiating her contract with Atlantic.

Wasn't there news regarding that she didn’t make any dollar from her music? 

she should've had dropped it last year in April the latest after Up, now this is just so late she's gonna pull a Lauryn Hill at this point

6 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I don't think that's an apt comparison, considering Cardi was essentially a breakout artist, who hasn't followed up in 4 years, while another is over a decade into a music career.

Her debut album won Best Rap Album at the Grammy’s. She has to follow it up with heat. Period. 

She’s scared, she knows it won’t be better than IOP. She’s shaking in her chanclas

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Oxy said:

I think she is still negotiating her contract with Atlantic.

Wasn't there news regarding that she didn’t make any dollar from her music? 

Inch resting. 

When asked by Brophy’s lawyers about her financial situation, Cardi B responded by saying: “I mean, it's hard for me to do because I'm in litigation, so I haven't even gotten paid for, like, none of my music yet, so…”

“I'm in litigation. So that means I would have to audit, like, audit a label and stuff like that, and I am in litigation, so you just can't do it...

“I haven't gotten paid for my music in two -- in years, in years.” x

In 2018, Cardi's former manager Klenord “Shaft” Raphael hit her with a $10 million lawsuit for breach of contract, non-payment, and defamation after she fired him and accused him of skimming money, so that's likely the litigation Cardi is talking about.

As for Brophy's suit, Cardi went off on him in another deposition:

"You haven't, like, gone to no damn psychiatrist. How is this affecting your life? I want to know how is your client's life is being affected. How? It's ridiculous. It's wasting my time. It's wasting my money. Like, I could really be with my kid right now. Like, I'm really upset because I really have to be with my kid...All because of some bullsh#t, trying to get money, and then $5,000,000. Are you f#cking kidding me?," she ranted.x

giphy.gif

Waiting for Onika's Era, so they could clash.

1 hour ago, pieceofgök said:

She’s not an albums artist. She pumps out quick little hit singles with references to brands and a cool attitude to stay in good graces with the American GP who eat it up because that type of rap is all they listen to

??? 

she has the longest charting female rap album ever. its still charting for 200+ weeks and finished top 40 biggest albums of the decade with only 2 years

I don't think Cardi is the pretentious type and calculated for an album release at all :skull:

The pandemic happened, she had another baby and she's just living her life. I don't think music it's her priority now and all she needs is a fire beat + a TikTok dance + a good video to smash anytime. Also she can always add WAP and Up to the album, these songs alone will push it to a Gold/Platinum cert even before its release :rip:

She'll be fine

She's having children with people that are not on sex offender registry

giphy.gif

Her rants and her ever-changing facial features lately have shown that she is unfortunately extremely insecure. IOP was also "rushed" in a way so now that she can sit back and reflect on the music she's making, she might be realizing that it's not that good and that's why she keeps on going back to the drawing board constantly. 

giphy.gif

Edited by D.Va

she is learning on Nicki's mistakes and chose to go for quality over quantity :gayriahcat2:

It’s kind of smart to be honest I feel like when artists have huge first albums everyone’s tuned in to see what they’ll deliver for the follow up and her taking long to release while still keeping her name out there will do more good than harm as long as it’s not another year or two before her sophomore album drops 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.