Why do straight men go to gay clubs?

Barovi

So last week I went out to a gay club and kept seeing a group of really cute guys. As the night progressed I saw almost all of them making out with girls and i approached one and he said he was straight. It’s not the first time I’ve seen some of them at the gay club so it’s not a one time thing. So do you find it annoying when the straights go to the gay club? Why don’t they go to the straight club? I know I sound bitter but like not ALL the guys I wanted at the GAY club being straight :rip:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.O.P

• BOOMBAYAH

• thetea

• Oktober Knight

the straight men go to gay clubs because straight women flock there bc its 'safer' or 'quirky', we all know how problematic some straight women are with gay men, the 'oh i support gay rights' to 'i need a flamboyant gay bff' pipeline is insanely common.

I wonder this too. Also anyone notice more so called “straight” men particularly married men hooking up with gays more now? Or is it just my area? 

A lot of straight men I know just go with their girlfriends to gay clubs to get stronger alcohol and watch drag shows. :rip: 

Straight men go to gay clubs mainly to hook up with girls who are there with their gay friends, or in some cases like some friends of mine because of the music or because they just end up being pushed there by the rest of the group. 

I think some clubs have more of a tendency to attract this kind of crowd, I don't really see that as a problem because there are a lot of options of clubs here where I live

Because there’s a lot of straight girls there and little competition 

As long as they’re respectful of gay culture I don’t really care

A lot of the good looking, muscular ones go there because they like to show off their body and get attention because it makes them feel good. 

But I have seen some that claim they are super straight and by the end of the night they are totally butt naked ******* some twink bareback on the stage. TOTALLY SOBER BTW. 

Edited by discosean

For many reasons... 

They come with their girlfriends. 

They like to watch drag shows. 

They like the music. 

They like the attention. 

They are secure enough with their sexuality to mingle with LGBTQ crowd. 

I see nothing wrong here. 

because straight men are like cockroaches

The same reason why gay people go to straight clubs. 

1 hour ago, Oktober Knight said:

For many reasons... 

They like the music. 

They like the attention. 

this. it’s hilarious when atrl finds out that straight men can actually be comfortable in lgbtq+ circles without being homophobic and secretly gay :rip: I have straight friends that go to gay clubs with me and they have hella fun and will literally even dance with me :toofunny3: it’s not that big of a mystery 

Just now, Bussea said:

this. it’s hilarious when atrl finds out that straight men can actually be comfortable in lgbtq+ circles without being homophobic and secretly gay :rip: I have straight friends that go to gay clubs with me and they have hella fun and will literally even dance with me :toofunny3: it’s not that big of a mystery 

Exactly. 

My extremely redneck brother in law went to a gay bar with me and my sister and he still claims it was one of the best nights of his life. 

Imagine hating on people who just to have a good time. 

1) They come with their Girlfriends.

2) They like to watch Drag shows.

3) They like the variety of music played.

4) They’re comfortable enough to be within a Gay space and enjoy themselves and have Gay friends.

Or…

1)  They want attention from ‘Gay’ men as a way to boost their self-esteem and uplift their insecurities.

2) They’re not actually “straight” but ‘bisexual’, ‘curious’ and/or ‘on the DL’.

Whatever the case, as long as they’re respectful of Gay/LGBT+ culture and not judgemental of it in any way then I don’t see the issue. 

Life goes on. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

1 hour ago, Oktober Knight said:

For many reasons... 

They like the music. 

They like the attention. 

5 minutes ago, Bussea said:

Exactly, it's not that serious. :toofunny2:

Maybe he didn't like you and he pulled the reverse "I'm a lesbian" to you. :gaygacat6:

- A lot of straight girls go to them 

- They may have gay friends who wanted to go 

- They may have just wanted to go/see a drag show

- They may be Maddy Morphosis

- Club may be 18+ and the straight ones may be 21+

- They may like the attention 

Taylucifer

it’s annoying lmao they have every other club but they decided to infest our space

11 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

it’s annoying lmao they have every other club but they decided to infest our space

exactly this. some of them go to gay clubs and then get offended and violent when gay men flirt on them. 

they can come to gay clubs safely, but if gay people go to straight clubs, we're susceptible to all sorts of hatred. 

it also takes away the ability to freely flirt and dance with anyone.

Don’t care about them coming, but the worst is straight women. 

They are insulting and aggressive, thinking it’s a gay man’s dream to have a girl bff. 

literally who cares, as long as they're having fun and you're having fun, why does it matter?

32 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Don’t care about them coming, but the worst is straight women. 

They are insulting and aggressive, thinking it’s a gay man’s dream to have a girl bff. 

Tbh alot of straight women are socialized to believe that everything men do revolves around them and they don't quite understand that it doesnt apply to gay men.

straight girls go to gay clubs to get away from toxic straight men and then the toxic (mostly homophobic) straight men follow, making it an unsafe and uncomfortable place for everyone besides straight women who seek male validation :jonny5: it’s different if queer people or straight women allies bring straight men who are allies too but that’s rarely the case i fear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.