Scooter on Taylor Again: "I was open to selling catalogs back at a fair market value"

Diesel is Desire

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diesel is Desire

• awesomepossum

• brazil

• Headlock

22 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Whatever, what is done is done! She'll get her master after she wastes the rest of her creative years remaking old albums to spite an old vendetta. Very taylor.

#26 Red TV

#186 Fearless TV

Chromatica OUT

ASIB OUT

Love For Sale OUT

Rerecordings of decade old records are outselling and outcharting brand new gaga albums, you should worry about that 

1 minute ago, GentleDance said:

#26 Red TV

#186 Fearless TV

Chromatica OUT

ASIB OUT

Love For Sale OUT

Rerecordings of decade old records are outselling and outcharting brand new gaga albums, you should worry about that 

Wow 2021 albums are outselling a 2020 and 2018 album. Love For Sale is a rerecording of 1930's songs :deadbanana2:

None will ever get close to ASIB's total units sold. 3M+ in the US and 10M+ WW.

53 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

you thought u did something with this. 'iGnOraNt' lmfao.  :bibliahh::bibliahh:

you’re always so boring, @MonsterNavy remains the superior monster navy

36 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Yawn. He never mentions the NDA he tried to get Taylor to agree to before even negotiating. 

He also left out how even when he sold the masters, he included a clause to still directly benefit from royalties. :coffee2:

Why does he even bother talking about it when the receipts are everywhere :priceless: most people aren’t going to believe she lied about NDAs and him trying to benefit from shamrock 

What even is the point of this now? Her rereleases are making money and she is able to pull down the market value of her originals so if anyone is hurting financially, it’s him

Edited by Rv1709

Scooter is going regret buying Taylor’s master all his life. One of his objective was to be politician and know his image is completely ruined, exactly what that scum deserves

• ATRL Moderator
33 minutes ago, Rv1709 said:

What even is the point of this now? Her rereleases are making money and she is able to pull down the market value of her originals so if anyone is hurting financially, it’s him

2 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Scooter is going regret buying Taylor’s master all his life. One of his objective was to be politician and know his image is completely ruined, exactly what that scum deserves

He already sold the label (which included her masters) more than a year ago. I seriously doubt he cares what happens at this point. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

He already sold the label (which included her masters) more than a year ago. I seriously doubt he cares what happens at this point. 

Did I say anything about label? He was already trying to be candidate of democrat party and now it is going to be impossible for him, his public image is ruined. And we will see because there are strong rumors of Shamrock suing here for hide information and lie in order to sell them the masters, although he is already sue and asked for 200M 

2 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

as per usual she had to go and play the victim card. Lol 

She's re recordings her album, the only one playing the victim her is he

He's a liar lol

He thought him buying Big Machine would be an exciting thing for Taylor when she and her father only got notified of the deal days before it was finalized? And he was "open to selling the catalog back" when he tried to force Taylor to sign some sketchy NDAs that wouldn't allow her to even mention Scooter's name? 

Either way, this is an old story and TVs are a success for her so :michael:

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

This isn't true though. I saw a lot of press about how Olivia owns her masters and how that came directly from her seeing Taylor's fight over hers. You're naming artists who debuted before Taylor v. Scooter when you need to see what happens with newer artists in order to understand Taylor's impact on this topic.

Olivia Rodrigo is an anomaly. Most new artists don’t own their masters and there’s no conversation about it, still. And older artists should also be able to negotiate their catalogs just like I think Taylor should’ve been able to, so I’m not sure what debuting before has to do with anything.

He’s better than me cause I would just gloat about the fact that I already won. He’s made so much money off of her and shown his business savvy to his peers. They’re probably enjoying the funds they’re recouping as her constant releases generate massive revenue for them from that back catalog boost. 

imagine being so entitled that you not only want to be able to villainize a man for playing the game better than you, but also be able to re-purchase your work. I’m glad he was able to come of out of this relatively unscathed. 

can swifties tell me why we should completely believe Taylor's side of the story and not his? is a man always the criminal? 

Swifties:

If a man talks ****, then we owe him what?!

2 minutes ago, Mohit said:

can swifties tell me why we should completely believe Taylor's side of the story and not his? is a man always the criminal? 

because if one side had made a wrong/untrue statement about the other, they couldve gotten sued for defamation. so its either one doesnt tell the whole truth and intentionally leave some details out, or one tells the truth, all of it. (not a lawyer so i could be wrong :chick1:)

i dont see why taylor would lie about this situation, its her life work. so maybe both parties left something out, but taylor revealed more details about the situation so i believe her.

2 hours ago, VOSS said:

Didn’t she say she refused to talk to him about buying them cause he wanted her to sign an NDA

Not him conveniently skipping this INTERESTING detail :biblio:

-

The way everything he says has a lie planted along somewhere :pukey:

Hopefully she’ll announce the next re-recording now that Scooter is addressing the masters situation again

He's still trying to cotton up the situation. His intentions were transparent through and through. Give it up. 

2 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

He’s a douche and she deserves to own her masters. And I don’t believe for a second that he was open to dialogue without something in return.

With thar said, it does bother me that we treat Taylor’s masters as this relic when most artists don’t own their masters unless they were lucky enough to go in on negotiations in a position of power. Harry is lucky enough to own his, but I think he’s one of the only examples in mainstream who can say he owns his entire catalogue nowadays.

I can’t imagine Abel or Dua or Justin or Adele own all their masters. Maybe for later work, but certainly not for all of it. When it first blew up people were saying that Taylor talking about her masters would open the conversation for other artists to demand theirs, to reevaluate how these things are handled. But that didn’t happen, it’s just a conversation about her masters over and over either because she’s releasing her re-recordings or because this douche brings it up again.

I just feel bad for all the artists who will never own their art and who don’t have the luxury to re-record their own material and repackage it to market themselves.

Dua owns her masters. Her father created Dua Lipa Limited way back in the beginning of her career to ensure this

It's 2022. The rerecordings are successful, let it go...  Just take the L and stop wasting everyone's time

39 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

He’s better than me cause I would just gloat about the fact that I already won. He’s made so much money off of her and shown his business savvy to his peers. They’re probably enjoying the funds they’re recouping as her constant releases generate massive revenue for them from that back catalog boost. 

imagine being so entitled that you not only want to be able to villainize a man for playing the game better than you, but also be able to re-purchase your work. I’m glad he was able to come of out of this relatively unscathed. 

Are you sure he played the game better than her? His public image is forever ruined and so is is opportunity for a political career. Meanwhile, the re-recordings are making Taylor’s catalogue the biggest of her generation.

I love how tall acting like you know anything about businesses.. If you have a a problem turn to her dad for signing her to a label. 

That's how things go. They invest millions in the artist and they won't do it for free :rip:

If the arts and owning her own music is what really matters.. She could've stayed independent. 

But ya'll really need to stop staying in the past. She made alot of money with the Re-recordings. 

7 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

Dua owns her masters. Her father created Dua Lipa Limited way back in the beginning of her career to ensure this

Not saying she doesn't own her masters because I don't know for a fact, but Dua Lipa Limited existing doesn't automatically mean she owns her masters. It's a little more complicated than that. Unless they have said they own them, she probably doesn't. It's definitely possible, but a limited company doesn't ensure this at all. All former 1D members have limited companies, only Harry owns his masters.

Dude is a SNAKE what a snake in the grass years afterwards he’s still doing damage control? If he really wanted Taylor to own her masters then SHE WOULD HAVE THEM. Enough of the ******* gaslighting. :irate:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.