• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Aston Martin

• thatsmydemi

• Hurem

Probably going to go see this tonight bc I have nothing better to do :clap3: Screaming at the ticket maps though, barely any tickets have been sold for any of the screenings today here in Prague :rip: the Czechs said NO to this one

Oh wow the ACCLAIM I'm shocked.

I'm watching this on Monday with my crush

Can't wait :duca: 

Without finishing the book, I'd say it's a great adaptation. There are a few things I've read that are changed or paced in a different time in the movie, but I had a massive blast. he cast is great (although I think the musical moments were a bit too much at one time). It's a joy to be back in Panem, in the Capitol and in the districts and I hope this isn't the last time! 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste

I dont think Olivia's song is eligible for Oscars

Its not on the movie's scenes 

But on the credits

Her "Safe and Sound" INDEED. 

I just came home from watching it. The first two parts were great. The male lead is not the best actor much like the original series.

I liked it.

1 hour ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

I dont think Olivia's song is eligible for Oscars

Its not on the movie's scenes 

But on the credits

Her "Safe and Sound" INDEED. 

It’s eligible. It has to be in the movie or be the first song in the credits. Safe & Sound was the 2nd song in the first movie’s credits. 

QueenofCopyPaste
19 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

It’s eligible. It has to be in the movie or be the first song in the credits. Safe & Sound was the 2nd song in the first movie’s credits. 

oh really! happy to be wrong then

19 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

there are a lot of comments that this movie should have been two-parts? would that made this movie better?

The last third almost feels like a different film entirely… but still, I had a great time and I would encourage people to watch it.

8/10 for me… not quite as great as the first two but considerably better the the Mockingjay movies.

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste

I REALLY LOVED IT!

it felt like two movies in one though :dies:

I was kinda gagged they broke it into the 3 acts like it does in the book by explicitly stating it on screen. The last act does feel a bit rushed but it hits all the major points it needed to drive it home and get to the epilogue 

11 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

The last third almost feels like a different film entirely… but still, I had a great time and I would encourage people to watch it.

8/10 for me… not quite as great as the first two but considerably better the the Mockingjay movies.

such a shame that they were insistent and even adamant to not do the two movies :(

this should have been the two movies and not the mockingjay tho

The first two acts were great but ngl the third act kinda dragged. Rachel Zegler mothered so hard tho :clap3: Lady Gaga at NYU lunch teas

I need The Second Quarter Quell (Haymitch's Game) to be the next book and movie installment though! :duca:

Good movie but it felt like 4 hours... a lot of it dragged on and got pretty boring at times. I still enjoyed it in the end.

i was such a huge nerd for the HG franchise when i was 14 so i can’t wait to watch this  :turkey:

When the book was released I wondered if it was a mistake to focus on President Snow for a prequel and couldn't understand what drove Collins to that decision... I got my answer with this movie.

I for sure don't want to see something else from any of the characters introduced in this film, it even wouldn't make sense, and I think the script/book botched part of the original films  by introducing convoluted ideas and lowkey rectonning some characters' motivations, even the Hunger Games origin...

It's not a bad movie, but it was extremely conflicting for me having loved the original saga. It definitely felt that it was dragging by the second half, as it is a long movie, and the tone in the 3 parts was a mess. It for sure has to be the bleakest and darkest film from the franchise, some scenes were kinda shocking... hell, it doesn't feel this was directed by Lawrence, who directed the last 3.

The Ballad of Lucy Gray Baird is on repeat! :jamming:

Indeed went to see it last night and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it :clap3: I had no idea what the book was about so I came in with zero expectations. The folk/country singing was lowkey CAMP, but I feel it worked in the end. I didn't think Snow would be a compelling lead character, but they did a good job making me feel a little sorry for him. I give it a 7.5/10, a solid entry into the franchise :clap3:

The movie was spectacular and that Olivia song is so accurate :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.