The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes | Digital/VOD/Physical

Almodusa

spacer.png

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes is a prequel and fifth installment of The Hunger Games film franchise based on the novels by Suzanne Collins. The film was released on November 17th, 2023. Francis Lawrance, director of Catching FireMockingjay - Part 1, and Part 2, is back to direct, with screenplay by Michael Arndt. The book was released in May 2020.

"Years before he would become the tyrannical President of Panem, 18-year-old Coriolanus Snow is the last hope for his fading lineage, a once-proud family that has fallen from grace in a post-war Capitol. With the 10th annual Hunger Games fast approaching, the young Snow is alarmed when he is assigned to mentor Lucy Gray Baird, the female tribute from impoverished District 12. But, after Lucy Gray commands all of Panem’s attention by defiantly singing during the reaping ceremony, Snow thinks he might be able to turn the odds in their favor. Uniting their instincts for showmanship and newfound political savvy, Snow and Lucy Gray’s race against time to survive will ultimately reveal who is a songbird, and who is a snake."

Cast:

Tom Blyth as Coriolanus Snow

Rachel Zegler as Lucy Gray Baird

Hunter Schafer as Tigris Snow

Jason Schwartzman as Lucretius "Lucky" Flickerman

Peter Dinklage as Casca Highbottom.

Viola Davis as Dr. Volumnia Gaul

Burn Gorman as Commander Hoff

Fionnula Flanagan as Grandma'am

Isobel Jesper Jones as Mayfair Lipp

Dakota Shapiro as Billy Taupe

Vaughan Reilly as Maude Ivory

George Somner as Spruce

Carl Spencer as Smiley

Scott Folan as Beanpole

Honor Gillies as Barb Azure

Eike Onyambu as Tam Amber

Konstantin Taffet as Clerk Carmine

Michael Greco and Daniela Grubert as Strabo Plinth and Mrs. Plinth

Posters:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Almodusa

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Aston Martin

• thatsmydemi

• Hurem

That was fast

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see who they cast for young Coriolanus Snow and Lucy Gray Baird. :duca:

I watched the three movies last december so i'm excited for this :jonny5:

I bought the book at release but didn't read it :ahh:maybe I'll read it now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Was the book any good?

I thought it was okay when I read it the first time but I fell in love with it upon reread and it's now my favorite in the series. 

ot: I'm excited for the movie and happy to hear that it's coming (relatively) soon. When will they announce the cast?

I’m kinda surprised they are still going ahead with this, the book was met with very lukewarm to borderline panned reactions so I’m not entirely sure what the point of this is… especially considering it is (at least as of now) a stand alone. If they want to continue THG as a franchise this is just overall an odd choice (Fantastic Beasts 2.0? :rip:).

1 hour ago, fountain said:

I’m kinda surprised they are still going ahead with this, the book was met with very lukewarm to borderline panned reactions so I’m not entirely sure what the point of this is… especially considering it is (at least as of now) a stand alone. If they want to continue THG as a franchise this is just overall an odd choice (Fantastic Beasts 2.0? :rip:).

the difference is that FB is an original story coming straight from the JK. This is an adaptation so they can improve the book.

I'm so glad we can journey into the world of Panem once again :jonny5: Not gonna lie I wasn't a fan of the book at first especially when I found out it was a prequel based on Snow :skull: But it grew on me as I continued to read and the world building was just amazing. Really excited to see who they cast as Lucy 

19 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Was the book any good?

no it was pointless and terribly written

Haven't read the book, but I'm kinda here for another HG movie. 

Didn’t they learn anything from Fantastic Beasts? This franchise crashed and burned long time ago. What’s next? A Twilight reboot?

21 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Was the book any good?

It's alright, the beginning half was a little bit of a drag but I guess that's because the Hunger Games itself was not a brand new concept

On 4/29/2022 at 9:37 AM, ALittleGauche said:

Is it still featuring Katniss and Peeta?

It takes place decades prior when Snow is 18 years old 

The concept sounds semi interesting but potentially a fluke a la Fantastic Beasts...

I'd rather have a prequel that tells in detail how the US became Panem, don't know if this book covers this part, but with the whole Snow thing it seems it doesn't.

Can't wait, nevertheless.

Edited by D/X

will probably be frontloaded like the book too. based on amazon:

2020 #11

2021 N/A

compare to, say, Where the Crawdads Sing

2018 #70

2019 #1

2020 #3

2021 #52

2022 so far #6 thanks to Taylor's power

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.