• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bimbo

• Gov Hooka

• Somnambulist

• Daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he steal her whole show concept ? 

Another group of people to traumatize, praying for their mental health after they meet her. 

In the wise words of Violet Chachki: No one cares about your kid in a wig.

This kind of stuff that passes for entertainment (rpdr, Queer eye, etc.) is so mundane to me, ruining drag and queerness and monetizing it, under the guise of “platforming” it. I get it but at the same time I don’t really care anymore. Sometimes it’s done right a la dragula

Looks cute... but I ain't subscribing to another platform.

MadonnasBoyfriend
3 hours ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

*Homeless Teen Drag Queens

chper1p321e61.jpg?width=262&format=pjpg&

g77lNDpJ0KBX0CDnM4Nq1OeR5j7bdUl0skgM7tNY

8 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

This kind of stuff that passes for entertainment (rpdr, Queer eye, etc.) is so mundane to me, ruining drag and queerness and monetizing it, under the guise of “platforming” it. I get it but at the same time I don’t really care anymore. Sometimes it’s done right a la dragula

I understand this argument for this show, but RPDR definitely has introduced drag to so many audiences in the modern age including young LGBT people. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember Tyra ever being an advocate for the LGBT to be a hostess for a show like this. It comes across as very dishonest and insensitive. 

31 minutes ago, Pavement Princess said:

I understand this argument for this show, but RPDR definitely has introduced drag to so many audiences in the modern age including young LGBT people. 

Idk do you think it’s been a positive introduction though? Drag culture has been reduced down to such a caricature of itself especially when you go see local underground queens vs local mainstream queens and what they do. They straight up have to use the same isms, fit into a specific mold. Idk... there was always a positive and negative to this kind of exposure. Mainstream society’s perception of LGBT ppl (including lgbtq ppl’s own perception of themselves) is colored by what they see on this goddamn show too. It’s frustrating Bc it’s nonstop when I go to several gay events and gay spaces, at least the mainstream ones. 
RuPaul and WOW is also notorious for milking their personal lives and stories for the cameras (see Willam’s, Peppermint’s, and Pearl’s testimony). 

Edited by Gov Hooka

11 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Idk do you think it’s been a positive introduction though? Drag culture has been reduced down to such a caricature of itself especially when you go see local underground queens vs local mainstream queens and what they do. They straight up have to use the same isms, fit into a specific mold. Idk... there was always a positive and negative to this kind of exposure. Mainstream society’s perception of LGBT ppl (including lgbtq ppl’s own perception of themselves) is colored by what they see on this goddamn show too. It’s frustrating Bc it’s nonstop when I go to several gay events and gay spaces, at least the mainstream ones. 
RuPaul and WOW is also notorious for milking their personal lives and stories for the cameras (see Willam’s, Peppermint’s, and Pearl’s testimony). 

RPDR existing literally allowed Dragula to be a thing.

2 hours ago, InventedGays said:

Ew drag isn’t for children. 

That’s so silly. 

17 minutes ago, commander said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember Tyra ever being an advocate for the LGBT to be a hostess for a show like this. It comes across as very dishonest and insensitive. 

Tyra was a huge advocate. Have you ever watched ANTM or the Tyra Show?

18 minutes ago, commander said:

She’s always been an advocate :eli:

11 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

RPDR existing literally allowed Dragula to be a thing.

Doesn’t change what I said tho. That’s a positive aspect of RPDR, I don’t deny that

maybe she'll be less vile to children.

like how gordon ramsay is kind to kids despite most of his shows being centered around yelling at adults

Yikes. Kids and drag :toofunny3:

This should be interesting :jonnycat:

They better get J. Alexander as well

Surprised Ru didn't beat her to this, considering it seems like there's a new RPDR launching every month.

4 minutes ago, Khal said:

Surprised Ru didn't beat her to this, considering it seems like there's a new RPDR launching every month.

To be fair RuPaul does have a children's drag cartoon :rip: but I think they haven't done anything with people underage because it can get really tricky with exploitative parents and stuff, just like that drag kid Desmond Is Amazing.

The timing of this is tragic, especially with all the child grooming accusations. Also Drag isn't for kids, sue me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.