Harry Styles dragged and viral after latest interview

thatsmydemi

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

One question is why is it not grossly homophobic of Harry Styles to say that we should be moving towards a world with no labels when he is actively participating in an industry, Marvel movies, that forces gay actors to be closeted in order to maximize their profits?

I dont think its specifically homophobic.  And I say this as someone who's not a stan of Harry. The no labels thing he's mentining is kinda stupid but I'm not him and I dont know where he is coming from with this it's really not that hard to anwser a question but if he doesnt wanna label himself thats his choice.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Miichael

• Protocol

• AMIT

4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

You cannot be serious when you say grossly homophobic :bibliahh:

Imagine being THAT offended by someone becoming an ACTOR.  Marvel is just *one* of the many incredibly popular movie studios that does and has done this.  Hell, most record labels still force and encourage this.  Is it wrong?  Yes.  Does that make all of our faves grossly homophobic because they decide to have a... career?  

*just want to clarify I tried editing my post from Marvel to "Hollywood", which is more accurate. I have no direct proof Marvel specifically engages in this, but Hollywood as a whole absolutely does and there are countless examples.

The point is that Harry KNOWS very well that in the real world, in an industry he is becoming part of, homophobia is rampant, so to say "we shouldn't have to label", is tantamount to keeping people closeted. That's the practical effect it has. 

It makes it blatantly homophobic for him to ignore this reality and instead try to talk about how we shouldn't have to label people if he is straight, as most suspect he is, and it makes him a coward and an enabler of this homophobia if he's actually gay or bi. He is already mega wealthy so it's not like he is struggling to eat and has to keep hidden for his own survival. If he is actually gay or bi, he is doing it for his own financial gain.

You cannot be serious when you say grossly homophobic :bibliahh:

Imagine being THAT offended by someone becoming an ACTOR.  Marvel is just *one* of the many incredibly popular movie studios that does and has done this.  Hell, most record labels still force and encourage this.  Is it wrong?  Yes.  Does that make all of our faves grossly homophobic because they decide to have a... career?  

No you can't blame the artists for following the protocols of their employer

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

*just want to clarify I tried editing my post from Marvel to "Hollywood", which is more accurate. I have no direct proof Marvel specifically engages in this, but Hollywood as a whole absolutely does and there are countless examples.

The point is that Harry KNOWS very well that in the real world, in an industry he is becoming part of, homophobia is rampant, so to say "we shouldn't have to label", is tantamount to keeping people closeted. That's the practical effect it has. 

It makes it blatantly homophobic for him to ignore this reality and instead try to talk about how we shouldn't have to label people if he is straight, as most suspect he is, and it makes him a coward and an enabler of this homophobia if he's actually gay or bi. He is already mega wealthy so it's not like he is struggling to eat and has to keep hidden for his own survival. Morals > Money

isnt Hollywood very liberal though?  It kinda makes no sense they would be homophobic tbh

22 minutes ago, Miichael said:

you don’t get to dictate if someone is queer or not because they haven’t come out, and you don’t get to demand that someone comes out because of the way they dress. 

You are implying that their is a coming out at all :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

See this is why I keep talking about the mythologization around Harry and queerness, you're proving our point that it is working because he's convinced you through his non-answers that he could in fact be queer :rip:

24 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Not my problem.  You resort to desperate attempts at calling someone “uneducated” meanwhile linking to Wikipedia articles and Vogue articles about the concept of camp as an art form that has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

You... you literally already admitted to not reading any of it, and now you're trying to use them for your own argument :deadbanana4:

I cited scholarly articles, published books, the ******* Oxford English Dictionary, you do not have a leg to stand on here :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

The fact is you are uneducated on this topic, you have proven that through your posts in this thread. And furthermore you refuse to become educated out of stubborness.

27 minutes ago, Miichael said:

You continue to fume about not having clarity on the sexual orientation of a total stranger because you object to their aesthetic appearance, and ham-fisted arguments about “white people profiting from queerness”, while stanning straight white pop girls that have marketed themselves to the queer community since the start of their careers.

None of the people I stan have pretended to be queer for profit, what kind of random attempt at a gotcha :rip:

28 minutes ago, Miichael said:

You clearly are quite committed to your ignorance and don’t know how to cope with your delusions being shattered so I can’t help you any further. Now please have a good day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

7 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

This is LITERALLY an oxymoron. He's either straight OR queer. He can't be both.

This is another problem with this thread and the discourse surrounding all these conversations. What exactly is 'queer', in this context? Perhaps that explains some of the confusion about whether people are talking about how he dresses or his specific vague statement on his sexuality. Maybe for some people the way you dress can automatically make you 'queer'. I keep mentoning "gay" or "bi" because that's what the interview question that spawned this was about. I myself don't know what 'queer' means half the time. I am a gay man, that's all I know.

42 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Whats the question?

The American education system has failed us once again.

35 minutes ago, swissman said:

Thanks for sharing all these receipts. I definitely didn't know about the extent of them, and it does change my outlook on the matter for the most part.

I do understand though why some queer people are bothered by his quote (especially out of context and even within content). His answer could've been clearer to what he wanted to say which is "none of your business" rather than making the case that actually we should aim to not define anyone (in a time when queer people's existence is still very much under attack even in more open places where modern queer liberation started, like the U.S., it can sound like an oversimplified solution to a real issue), especially since he's only ever benefitted from a "straight" [ally] label through his public dating history and presentation of heterosexuality through lyrics and videos, while many other people don't get a chance to be coy and ambiguous. For many, their identity is automatically known or assumed without having to declare it, without questions asked.

Overall, I do get what you're saying though and thanks for taking the time to write it all out.

Thank you for replying kindly. I love having conversations when this is the frame in which they happen. I understand that you disagree with his stance about labels, but I think he can have his own opinion. I think the idea that we should move away from the culture of "coming out" and demanding labels is... something I agree with. Do I think we're anywhere near that? No. I think Harry is, perhaps, seeing this from his skewed point of view as a privileged cis white rich man. His family supports him 100% his friends support him 100% his label and management support him 100% his fans support him 100%. He doesn't face any actual repercussions because of the things he says and does (look at any chart in the world right now). Yeah, there's backlash and that's bound to be uncomfortable, but the praise and the love is still overwhelmingly with him, so of course he has a kumbaya point of view that doesn't align with our reality. I will 100% admit that he's a flower child with a ton of privilege who doesn't understand what the average queer person goes through, regardless of the fact that I do firmly believe he's queer. Because the queer experience can change drastically depending on who has it and their context.

But I think it's one thing to have a conversation about that, and how out of touch literally every celebrity is, and another to completely decontextualize what he said and *waves around signaling to this thread and all the others created about this* Is this very firm LGBT supporter the person we need to burn at the stake?

Then there's the fact that it's pointless because all of this discourse does absolutely nothing to harm his career, but it does harm queer kids. Because most people are not like you. They're not framing things the way you are. They're not willing to listen. It becomes reductive bigoted and, to quote Harold "outdated".

45 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Why is it that every Harry Styles stan reverts to comments like this when faced with valid arguments surrounding this topic? None of you can ever actually answer any of the questions people are asking of you. It all becomes about us "fuming", or being "aggressive". And none of you seem to get what you're doing when you say this. You are attempting to demoralize queer people for the sake of a wealthy straight white man. DO you not see the issue with that? Can you put aside whatever stan feelings you have for this dude and actually evaluate your behavior?

This is less general, but it is *chef's kiss* that I am being talked down to by a Directioner perpetually stuck in 2012 and who trolls every single Taylor thread, and who runs to the mods when they've run out of ammo :toofunny2:

But nice attempt at a "bless your heart" moment, it was amusing to read.

I've been telling you you're aggressive for months now, in topics completely unrelated to Harry. Multiple people that don't support Harry are telling you you're aggressive. You just are. You insult people, you use very harsh words, you don't want to have conversations or to understand the other person's point of view. You just want to yell at them and tell them "you're wrong I'm right so suck it". It comes off as someone who just has pent up aggression/personal issues and uses online forums where their identity is hidden and they don't have to be held accountable for the things they say or how they say it to let it all out.

You didn't ask any actual questions, not any that were pertaining to my original post. The person was asking if Harry could actually be classified as an ally if he wasn't queer because they didn't know the extent of Harry's LGBT support. So I replied with receipts to that person's specific question. You jumped in the conversation and asked an unrelated question "so is he queer or an ally?" and I don't know what to reply to you because... it had nothing to do with my post. I don't know Harry Styles personally. I've never had a conversation with him. I personally think he's made it pretty obvious that he's queer through... living his life and being himself. Not intending to drop hints or anything, just... living his normal self life. I, as a queer person, who was part of LGBT groups in college, who has a large group of LGBT friends in real life with whom I obviously discuss these subjects, feel very confident in saying what his attitude surrounding sexuality reads to me. But as I am not Harry Styles and I do not know him, I can't say for a fact that he's queer, and I won't unless he himself confirms it. So how can I, in good faith, answer the question of if he's an ally or queer? Especially when I maintain that it shouldn't matter because his sexuality is not something I'm entitled to know?

You believe you are entitled to an answer. You believe he deserves to be "dragged" for not specifying where he puts his d*ck. Okay! We understood that's how you feel. You made it pretty clear, considering you're the top poster on this thread with about 60 messages by now. By all means, continue to drag him, insult him, don't play his music. Do what you think you have to do. I'm not sure what you want the rest of us who disagree to do about it. Change our minds? What are you trying to accomplish fighting forty-seven people in this thread, exactly?

You're entitled to your point of view. I literally couldn't care less what you think, babe. I have not once quoted you to tell you I disagreed with you because... I... don't.... care... Yet every time you see me talk to someone else, you insert yourself in the conversation, put inane questions that don't pertain to that conversation, and then get belligerent when instead of engaging in a violent argument with you I tell you I wish you well and to have a good day? I'm sorry, man. Do you want me to fight you? I don't care what you believe. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. What more do you want from me? Is this whole thing because I don't like Taylor Swift? Because none of this is gonna make me like her any more. I'm just confused as to what you're trying to accomplish with... this entire thread and all your messages in it.

Have a blessed day with whatever opinions you have about Harry Styles and myself. I promise you neither of us are affected by them.

6 minutes ago, Insanity said:

isnt Hollywood very liberal though?  It kinda makes no sense they would be homophobic tbh

I appreciate that we are coming at this issue with probably vastly different experiences and sets of knowledge. Hollywood spends an absurd amount of time, energy, and money trying to convince the world that it is a bastion of all things good and righteous and it's easy to fall for it. But this is an industry that knew about predatory sexual abuse for decades and decades and kept it hidden for their financial gain. It's an industry that has no problem supporting an authoritarian regime like the CCP if it makes them more money. Issues of gay actors being basically told "either you stay in the closet or you will never be a leading man" have been well-explored and commented upon and are a huge open secret in the industry. There is a wealth of info out there and countless cases going all the way back to the start of Hollywood in the 20s/30s and until today.

Hollywood at the end of the day cares about money above all things and the prevailing thought process in the industry is that if they cast an openly gay actor in a big role it will kill their box office in most of the world, where being gay is not accepted in many parts of the planet. CCP for example censors anything gay-related. It's the reason you rarely if ever see gay characters in a blockbuster film, and if you do it's blink and you miss it like in Beauty and the Beast. It's the reason there are pretty much zero openly gay leading actors and it's always been that way. The ones that do come out get relegated to supporting players. There is immense pressure on the ones that are going to be headlining films to stay closeted and has always been. And how this relates to Harry is that this is literally happening in one of the movies he was in last year, where the lead actor is in this situation. If you know you know.

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This is another problem with this thread and the discourse surrounding all these conversations. What exactly is 'queer', in this context? Perhaps that explains some of the confusion about whether people are talking about how he dresses or his specific vague statement on his sexuality. Maybe for some people the way you dress can automatically make you 'queer'. I keep mentoning "gay" or "bi" because that's what the interview question that spawned this was about. I myself don't know what 'queer' means half the time. I am a gay man, that's all I know.

queer: 

1. a person whose sexual orientation or gender identity falls outside the heterosexual mainstream or the gender binary.

It sort of exists as a kind of catch all, although people can use it for themselves if they want to.

25 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Is it that hard to say he is a straight queer man?

a WHAT now?

7 minutes ago, Headlock said:

The American education system has failed us once again.

what else is new

4 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I appreciate that we are coming at this issue with probably vastly different experiences and sets of knowledge. Hollywood spends an absurd amount of time, energy, and money trying to convince the world that it is a bastion of all things good and righteous and it's easy to fall for it. But this is an industry that knew about predatory sexual abuse for decades and decades and kept it hidden for their financial gain. It's an industry that has no problem supporting an authoritarian regime like the CCP if it makes them more money. Issues of gay actors being basically told "either you stay in the closet or you will never be a leading man" have been well-explored and commented upon and are a huge open secret in the industry. There is a wealth of info out there and countless cases going all the way back to the start of Hollywood in the 20s/30s. 

It's sad though because of the amount of gay characters they have in movies and especially tv lately.

16 minutes ago, Protocol said:

You are trying to relate two things that are not actually related.  Saying "I don't label my sexuality" does not mean "other people should stay closeted".  That is literally a problem with your interpretation of his interview, not with his actual words. 

16 minutes ago, Protocol said:

It makes it blatantly homophobic for him to ignore this reality and instead try to talk about how we shouldn't have to label people if he is straight, as most suspect he is, and it makes him a coward and an enabler of this homophobia if he's actually gay or bi. He is already mega wealthy so it's not like he is struggling to eat and has to keep hidden for his own survival. If he is actually gay or bi, he is doing it for his own financial gain.

He is not ignoring any reality and it's not blatantly homophobic, wtf?  HIS reality for HIS sexual identity is that HE does not like to label HIMSELF.  He never said other people should not label themselves or that the LGBTQ+ labels are not important.  You are purposely grasping at straws here because he won't label himself, and he doesn't need to, nor does anyone deserve to have him choose a label.  The insane outrage some of you have, to the point that you consider it homophobic, because someone doesn't want to label themself is embarrassing.  

Edited by Archetype

5 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

I've been telling you you're aggressive for months now, in topics completely unrelated to Harry. Multiple people that don't support Harry are telling you you're aggressive.

...every person I've talked to in here supports Harry, what :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

I personally think he's made it pretty obvious that he's queer through... living his life and being himself.

By *checks notes* dating white girls and writing songs about them. Yep, pretty queer.

7 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

You believe you are entitled to an answer. You believe he deserves to be "dragged" for not specifying where he puts his d*ck.

Once again, Harry stans referring to actual concerns and frustrations as us "dragging" him. It's becoming clear that none of y'all can approach this subject outside of the rose-colored stan glasses y'all permanently have glued to your faces.

8 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

By all means, continue to drag him, insult him, don't play his music.

*Sings along to As It Was on the radio* sorry what did you say?

9 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

You're entitled to your point of view. I literally couldn't care less what you think, babe. I have not once quoted you to tell you I disagreed with you because... I... don't.... care...

*gestures at you literally @-ing the mods in the very thread and in the other one* :rip:

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

what else is new

It's sad though because of the amount of gay characters they have in movies and especially tv lately.

Things have changed a lot in TV in terms of representation, but those are cheaper productions with more niche audiences. For blockbuster movies, the Hollywood products that get the biggest audience around the world? Totally different rules.

12 minutes ago, Headlock said:

See this is why I keep talking about the mythologization around Harry and queerness, you're proving our point that it is working because he's convinced you through his non-answers that he could in fact be queer :rip:

You... you literally already admitted to not reading any of it, and now you're trying to use them for your own argument :deadbanana4:

I cited scholarly articles, published books, the ******* Oxford English Dictionary, you do not have a leg to stand on here :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

The fact is you are uneducated on this topic, you have proven that through your posts in this thread. And furthermore you refuse to become educated out of stubborness.

None of the people I stan have pretended to be queer for profit, what kind of random attempt at a gotcha :rip:

The way you just pwned this user...

tea-sip.gif

11 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Thank you for replying kindly. I love having conversations when this is the frame in which they happen. I understand that you disagree with his stance about labels, but I think he can have his own opinion. I think the idea that we should move away from the culture of "coming out" and demanding labels is... something I agree with. Do I think we're anywhere near that? No. I think Harry is, perhaps, seeing this from his skewed point of view as a privileged cis white rich man. His family supports him 100% his friends support him 100% his label and management support him 100% his fans support him 100%. He doesn't face any actual repercussions because of the things he says and does (look at any chart in the world right now). Yeah, there's backlash and that's bound to be uncomfortable, but the praise and the love is still overwhelmingly with him, so of course he has a kumbaya point of view that doesn't align with our reality. I will 100% admit that he's a flower child with a ton of privilege who doesn't understand what the average queer person goes through, regardless of the fact that I do firmly believe he's queer. Because the queer experience can change drastically depending on who has it and their context.

But I think it's one thing to have a conversation about that, and how out of touch literally every celebrity is, and another to completely decontextualize what he said and *waves around signaling to this thread and all the others created about this* Is this very firm LGBT supporter the person we need to burn at the stake?

Then there's the fact that it's pointless because all of this discourse does absolutely nothing to harm his career, but it does harm queer kids. Because most people are not like you. They're not framing things the way you are. They're not willing to listen. It becomes reductive bigoted and, to quote Harold "outdated".

I've been telling you you're aggressive for months now, in topics completely unrelated to Harry. Multiple people that don't support Harry are telling you you're aggressive. You just are. You insult people, you use very harsh words, you don't want to have conversations or to understand the other person's point of view. You just want to yell at them and tell them "you're wrong I'm right so suck it". It comes off as someone who just has pent up aggression/personal issues and uses online forums where their identity is hidden and they don't have to be held accountable for the things they say or how they say it to let it all out.

You didn't ask any actual questions, not any that were pertaining to my original post. The person was asking if Harry could actually be classified as an ally if he wasn't queer because they didn't know the extent of Harry's LGBT support. So I replied with receipts to that person's specific question. You jumped in the conversation and asked an unrelated question "so is he queer or an ally?" and I don't know what to reply to you because... it had nothing to do with my post. I don't know Harry Styles personally. I've never had a conversation with him. I personally think he's made it pretty obvious that he's queer through... living his life and being himself. Not intending to drop hints or anything, just... living his normal self life. I, as a queer person, who was part of LGBT groups in college, who has a large group of LGBT friends in real life with whom I obviously discuss these subjects, feel very confident in saying what his attitude surrounding sexuality reads to me. But as I am not Harry Styles and I do not know him, I can't say for a fact that he's queer, and I won't unless he himself confirms it. So how can I, in good faith, answer the question of if he's an ally or queer? Especially when I maintain that it shouldn't matter because his sexuality is not something I'm entitled to know?

You believe you are entitled to an answer. You believe he deserves to be "dragged" for not specifying where he puts his d*ck. Okay! We understood that's how you feel. You made it pretty clear, considering you're the top poster on this thread with about 60 messages by now. By all means, continue to drag him, insult him, don't play his music. Do what you think you have to do. I'm not sure what you want the rest of us who disagree to do about it. Change our minds? What are you trying to accomplish fighting forty-seven people in this thread, exactly?

You're entitled to your point of view. I literally couldn't care less what you think, babe. I have not once quoted you to tell you I disagreed with you because... I... don't.... care... Yet every time you see me talk to someone else, you insert yourself in the conversation, put inane questions that don't pertain to that conversation, and then get belligerent when instead of engaging in a violent argument with you I tell you I wish you well and to have a good day? I'm sorry, man. Do you want me to fight you? I don't care what you believe. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. What more do you want from me? Is this whole thing because I don't like Taylor Swift? Because none of this is gonna make me like her any more. I'm just confused as to what you're trying to accomplish with... this entire thread and all your messages in it.

Have a blessed day with whatever opinions you have about Harry Styles and myself. I promise you neither of us are affected by them.

Thats the impression I have of  this user.  Seems to be one of those people who act like know-it-alls and belittle everyone who isnt as educated as they are.  It's so off-putting.

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Things have changed a lot in TV in terms of representation, but those are cheaper productions with more niche audiences. For blockbuster movies, the Hollywood products that get the biggest audience around the world? Totally different rules.

That's why I watch tv more hahah

You are trying to relate two things that are not actually related.  Saying "I don't label my sexuality" does not mean "other people should stay closeted".  That is literally a problem with your interpretation of his interview, not with his actual words. 

He is not ignoring any reality and it's not blatantly homophobic, wtf?  HIS reality for HIS sexual identity is that HE does not like to label HIMSELF.  He never said other people should not label themselves or that the LGBTQ+ labels are not important.  You are purposely grasping at straws here because he won't label himself, and he doesn't need to, nor does anyone deserve to have him choose a label.  The insane outrage some of you have, to the point that you consider it homophobic, because someone doesn't want to label themself is embarrassing.  

His words were "The whole point of where we should be heading, which is toward accepting everybody & being more open, is that it doesn't matter, and it's about not having to label everything, not having to clarify what boxes you're checking."

The problem is him saying "where we should be heading". What makes him qualified to say such a thing? And the other problem is that he has ALREADY labelled himself loud and clear as a man that's attracted to women. He has no problem telegraphing this to the whole world via his videos and staged pap shots with whatever model he is dating at the time. It's only when he's asked about men that it's suddenly all coy and "no labels". And the bigger issue is that they WANTED that question and answer out there. This was not a press conference or a live interview with off the cuff questions. This was a highly controlled interview with a B list magazine that were lucky to get him on the cover. If he didn't want any statements about his sexuality out there the question would've never made it to print. This is part of his narrative and PR. 

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Not you talking about mythologization when your entire argument rests on the hope that Harry Styles absolutely cannot possibly be queer despite having no way of knowing :rip: You really are completely hilarious and lack any sense of self awareness :toofunny3:

During your ongoing tantrum you have literally made claims such as "hinting at queerness" by "winking at the camera" and you seriously think you have a shred of credibility? :skull:You think that you get to lecture anybody on education on queer history, when clearly you lack any experience in the real world and all of your information comes from random books you scramble to find on Google? :skull:

You still cannot handle the fact that you don't get to define who is queer and who isn't based on if they have come out or not, and I think ultimately that's where our opinions differ massively. You think you are entitled to know someone's sexual orientation because of how they dress. That may be an opinion you find mirrored in sheltered people online who think that the queer community is a monolith and that they speak on behalf of all queer people, but it's not the way it works in the real world. I am sorry to be the one to inform you of this, it clearly has come as quite a shock to you. And nobody said those artists are pretending to be queer for profit, but they have absolutely marketed themselves to the queer community for commercial gain. So your argument is rooted in deep hypocrisy. And again, you are confusing a male wearing a dress as "pretending to be queer", but don't understand that queer people don't own dresses, and all you are doing is using antiquated stereotypes to try to bolster an argument you couldn't even make in the first place.

And not another link to a Wikipedia article :deadbanana4: You really love to use Wikipedia to try and appear psuedo-intellectual, don't you? Unfortunately it's not working. At all :toofunny3: Now please find some way of moving on from this because your meltdowns aren't as entertaining as they were a day ago

4 minutes ago, Protocol said:

The problem is him saying "where we should be heading". What makes him qualified to say such a thing? And the other problem is that he has ALREADY labelled himself loud and clear as a man that's attracted to women. He has no problem telegraphing this to the whole world via his videos and staged pap shots with whatever model he is dating at the time. It's only when he's asked about men that it's suddenly all coy and "no labels", and that is homophobic bullshit.

What makes you qualified to say otherwise?  You being a member of the queer community does not actually make you any more versed on where society as a whole should be heading.  You're not an expert in this field, you're not a philosopher nor specialist in this matter.  Harry can have his own opinion of this matter as can you and anyone else.  You don't need a PhD or gay-card to speak on where you think society should be heading.  I personally, as a gay man, agree with him 100%.  Labels have their purpose and importance, but we shouldn't expect anyone to share their labels unless they want to.  If he wants to be sexually ambiguous and identify as a man and date female models, so what?  They are not the same thing, that is his choice and it has nothing to do with anyone else.  Once again, you're inserting your own imagination into his words because you want this to be problematic.

This thread :deadbanana4:

Those two Harry stans should just log off and work on loving themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Archetype said:

What makes you qualified to say otherwise?  You being a member of the queer community does not actually make you any more versed on where society as a whole should be heading.  You're not an expert in this field, you're not a philosopher nor specialist in this matter.  Harry can have his own opinion of this matter as can you and anyone else.  You don't need a PhD or gay-card to speak on where you think society should be heading.  I personally, as a gay man, agree with him 100%.  Labels have their purpose and importance, but we shouldn't expect anyone to share their labels unless they want to.  If he wants to be sexually ambiguous and identify as a man and date female models, so what?  They are not the same thing, that is his choice and it has nothing to do with anyone else.  Once again, you're inserting your own imagination into his words because you want this to be problematic.

I just don't think it's progressive to refuse to admit whether or not you're into men. It's a new closet dressed up in language of being (ironically) "open". Saying that you are gay or bi should not have to be a dirty topic that you don't want to admit to. 

But I can see this conversation is going nowhere. Everyone is fully entrenched in what they want to think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.