Don't Worry Darling (2022)| Starring Harry Styles & Florence Pugh | Out on Digital!

James_Dean

Big 62% plummet in 2nd weekend ($7.3M, $32M total) almost falling behind The Woman King in its 3rd weekend.. looks like it will sputter out around $45M domestic.. overseas only $21M total after 2nd weekend.

This will finish at like $75-80M worldwide. :rip:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Lovett

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• LittleFreak

I liked it! I was surprised with the amount of people saying that they didn’t get it on the way out of the cinema though :rip: I found it was easy to comprehend. Florence is a damn near legend btw :jonny: 

4 hours ago, SignificantOther said:

It's officially in the profitable zone. :alexz:

no it's not.

What the hell? This was good, I'm shocked that most of you didn't like it. It has some subplot holes, but it was really entertaining, tbh. :psyduck:

And also, Harry wasn't that bad, tbh. He did decent in this role, although Florence and Kiki were the highlights for me. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

What the hell? This was good, I'm shocked that most of you didn't like it. It has some subplot holes, but it was really entertaining, tbh. :psyduck:

And also, Harry wasn't that bad, tbh. He did decent in this role, although Florence and Kiki were the highlights for me. 

I saw this recently and didn't think it was that bad either. There was some pacing issues, but it was entertaining and Florence was phenomenal :clap3:

I didn't think Harry was that bad either, but I also didn't feel like there was much to the character he was playing. He was just straight forward. 

I was kinda defending Harry before and thought it was dumb people were piling onto him for that one scene/clip. But yeah, he was nightmarish to the point that I think he should quit acting immediately. There’s just simply not even a glimmer of potential there. Worst leading performance I’ve seen in a bigger budget/wide release movie in a long time. He’s especially horrible just passively existing in a scene and reacting to other actors. You had Miss Flo giving masterclass acting and he was just kinda like there, randomly existing in the frame next to her not knowing what to do. :dies:

It’s funny how his performance and Miss Oli’s direction (+ the underwhelming script) were the worst things about the movie. Miss Oli’s character and acting were good, though.

Chris Pine was fantastic. Never knew he had it in him. So was Gemma Chan. 

Watched the movie tonight and I thought it was good. 

Loved the costumes, Florence's acting was great, Bunny was a good comic relief character, the explanation of the whole thing was alright. I really think people only hate on the movie cause of the Shia controversy

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed it. A little long. But it was a nice movie. 

This movie was not good. The story is underdeveloped and the plot leaves a lot to be desired. The cinematography and Florence’s acting save it from being horrible. Chris and Olivia were good too.

This was not good! Poor Mrs Flo, I can see why she didn’t want to do press for this. :toofunny2: The 3rd act has prob the most interesting.  It would have worked if it had a stronger 1 & 2nd act. 

Harry’s acting was umm….not good! He oddly didn’t have any presence on screen. 
This was such an odd role for him to take on. Disney prince would have been a better starter lol!

Edited by chris1991

4 hours ago, Weld_E said:

This movie was not good. The story is underdeveloped and the plot leaves a lot to be desired. The cinematography and Florence’s acting save it from being horrible. Chris and Olivia were good too.

THIS!

I enjoyed watching this! It was entertaining and I liked the twist.

I can see why this got the reviews it did. It’s definitely pretty mid. Worth a watch to kill two hours, but the flaws are pretty clear. 

There are so many scenes particularly early on in the movie that account for nothing and should’ve been cut and rewritten. The plot overall is pretty underdeveloped with many things to go unexplained, which would be fine if the entertainment was high enough, but it wasn’t due to how much the story meandered. 

The stuff with the eggs, the plane crash, all the scenes where something abnormal happens such as when she wraps herself in cling film, her reflection doesn’t follow her, or when she sees her friend in the ballet mirror instead, all felt pretty much like fodder that was included specifically to be selected for the trailer to spice it up, because those scenes didn’t actually match the overall tone of the movie or contribute to the plot itself. Unless those scenes were supposed to be evidence of the simulation breaking, or something? But that is never alluded to so it really just feels like they were written it to make the trailer seem more interesting than the movie actually is, because they were definitely out of place, and the fact that each moment like this was indeed shown in the trailer really leaves me to believe this was the case. They honestly should’ve cut all of this and instead built up the town itself and the oddities, inconsistencies and coincidences that were supposed to be going on.

Florence did a great job of course. Harry wasn’t bad as expected, while watching the movie he doesn’t stick out as poorly as he did in the previews or trailers. I was really intrigued by Gemma Chan’s

character and wish we got to see more of her. Lastly, Olivia herself was a pretty nice surprise, she was good as the supporting character, perhaps that is more her field. 

16 minutes ago, fountain said:

I was really intrigued by Gemma Chan’s character and wish we got to see more of her.

I second this! I found her to be so interesting. They should have used her more

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the movie..tbh olivia Wilde was the best part. Shes a very good sassy best friend.

Harry was hot in this

Question. Is harry supposed to be british in this? Like is his character american. I remember people making fun of him because the thought he couldnt do an american accent but im 90% sure his character isnt american

21 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Question. Is harry supposed to be british in this? Like is his character american. I remember people making fun of him because the thought he couldnt do an american accent but im 90% sure his character isnt american

Jack's chosen nationality when joining the Victory Project was British, so his character was an American playing a Brit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.