Harry defends queerbaiting

Alak96

4 minutes ago, brazil said:

Nobody is saying he has to be feminine, many queer guys are a lot more masculine than him, it's just that his history seem to be of exclusively of involvement with women. By now, at the age of 28, surely he would have had at least one know relationship with a guy. He's so eager to parade his dress code and non conformity to gender roles, yet he feels to eager to keep any relationship/experience he may have had with the same sex private? Something doesn't seems right. 

He has kept all of his relationships private for years now. The discrepancy in which some of them are treated isn't from him but from the media and he isn't responsible for that. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• More Than A Melody

• Protocol

• Communion

16 minutes ago, Headlock said:

It's almost like it being full of stereotypes is the point, because Harry uses them all :coffee:

Except he says he doesn’t do it because of his sexuality. So… perhaps you’re just bigoted :coffee2:

The fact that his only personal trait is queerbating. Of course he won’t let it go so easily. :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, SignificantOther said:

He has kept all of his relationships private for years now. The discrepancy in which some of them are treated isn't from him but from the media and he isn't responsible for that. 

?? He has never been out in public or anywhere with paparazzi with a male partner. Obviously if he has had boyfriends he has kept them very very secret unlike his girlfriends who he has openly strolled around with. If he were spotted with a man the media would report x10 more on it than with any female

"no labels" but he's making money by... being a straight up queer label? ok

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

7 minutes ago, SignificantOther said:

He has? How come everyone knows he’s dating Olivia whatshername? You could fill an entire edition of Vogue with all their pap shots. His PR also make sure to keep them in the press all the time. There was just a flurry of articles about how supportive she was with him at Coachella.

Why is it perfectly OK for him to write songs about eating girls out, write songs about his girlfriends, publicly date women, videos cavorting around with models, in other words to make it VERY clear he is into women, but he can’t talk about whether or not he is attracted to men? Why is it OK for him to very clearly telegraph to the world that he is a man attracted to women, but when it comes to any potential attraction to men it’s all about no labels and not having to define things?

1 minute ago, More Than A Melody said:

Except he says he doesn’t do it because of his sexuality. So… perhaps you’re just bigoted :coffee2:

Oh well if Harry says so :toofunny2: Are you serious? :rip:

Yes, me, a queer man, is bigoted over doubting the authenticity of a cishet white man using queer aesthetics and purposeful vagueness to profiteer an image to the masses. You're out of your depth here girl :rip:

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

He has? How come everyone knows he’s dating Olivia whatshername? You could fill an entire addition of Vogue with all their pap shots. 

Why is it perfectly OK for him to write songs about eating girls out, write songs about his girlfriends, publicly date women, but he can’t talk about whether or not he is attracted to men? And are you a gay man? because if you’re not you really shouldn’t be taking part in this conversation.

The best case scenario here is that is in fact he queer/bisexual/somewhere on the Kinsey scale and is being forced by his management/label to hide it from being explicitly said to profit off of the fetishization of queerness that is pervasive among his female fanbase and which is acceptable to other straight males.

That, or, he is the one hiding it to use the privilege of his white male straight-passing exterior in order to hint at him being something other than cishet to be seen as "interesting" and therefore sell records. While of course being papped dating white models and singing Watermelon Sugar.

Edited by Headlock

4 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

?? He has never been out in public or anywhere with paparazzi with a male partner. Obviously if he has had boyfriends he has kept them very very secret unlike his girlfriends who he has openly strolled around with. If he were spotted with a man the media would report x10 more on it than with any female

For years he was spotted strolling around with Nick Grimshaw and there was heavy speculation they might be having something together. Yet the media never reported it as such whereas as soon as he was spotted with a woman the media speculated on them being together. 

I barely know "sign of the times" from this guy, but whenever I see him I think he deserves a wake up call.

Gay and queer aren't an aesthetic, sorry. This discussion could go on and on but he can't be dating females and then say "no labels" just so he could keep abusing an aesthetic. 

1 minute ago, SignificantOther said:

For years he was spotted strolling around with Nick Grimshaw and there was heavy speculation they might be having something together. Yet the media never reported it as such whereas as soon as he was spotted with a woman the media speculated on them being together. 

The media doesn’t call Richard Madden’s roommates his boyfriends either. They are in on it, the entire industry is. What you say only leads me to believe more that he is being forced in the closet. In which case, shame on Sony music.

5 minutes ago, Protocol said:

It’s time to call this bullshit out for what it is. I think we need to do some thing that will shock people, which is gay men standing up for themselves and having a back bone and refusing to not call out **** when they see it. Even on a pop forum, homophobia still creeps up, and gay men are expected to fall in line and taunted with insults if they refuse. And I suspect a lot of these Harry stans who refuse to question this are straight girls, which makes it even more gross and homophobic.

"Everybody wants to be queer but nobody wants to be queer."

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

"Everybody wants to be queer but nobody wants to be queer."

I am making a tattoo of this :clap3:

The issue was brought up for a reason. 

suspicious-cardib.gif

I've already listened to the album and it's mega straight, so the only thing I can think of is that script that said he's going to have a male date in his next music video. 

10 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Oh well if Harry says so :toofunny2: Are you serious? :rip:

Yes, me, a queer man, is bigoted over doubting the authenticity of a cishet white man using queer aesthetics and purposeful vagueness to profiteer an image to the masses. You're out of your depth here girl :rip:

I, a queer woman, think you are bigoted for using the term “queer aesthetics” which… isn’t a thing. You guys saw all the talk around cultural appropriation and blackfishing and ran to appropriate it yourself to queerness, when it’s literally a completely different story.

Like saying that only gay people can play gay characters because of the talk about people of color playing roles of color.

Sexual identity is invisible. You can’t what someone identified as because of how they dress. You can’t tell if someone is queer or not because of their mannerisms or the way they speak or the shape of their face. So this whole conversation is absolutely ridiculous and based on nothing. Acting like pink and sparkles and dresses = queer is such a revoltingly outdated concept that I can’t understand how you’re shocked someone will call you bigoted.

This whole outrage doesn’t affect Harry Styles, but it affects SO many others who feel, if he gets attacked by right wing and left wing for being different then what’s gonna happen to me?

But y’all don’t care because your thirst for answers about stuff that’s none of your business and your constant need to self validate by putting down people who are more successful and talented than you wins over what should be rational and logical thinking.

This man was put on the cover of the media of every corner of the world regarding his sex life - not even in the sense of his sexuality. In terms of sex with women too. At 17 years old people were discussing his relationship with a 32 year old, something he NEVER made ANYONE’s business. At 19 years old he was directly asked what his body count was. He was called villain of the year by one of the most important music magazines in the UK at 18/19 above war criminals for… idk living his life? Every friend he made became his hook up.

On top of that hundreds of thousands of fans have been speculating about his sex life with someone who used to be one of his closest friends since he was SIXTEEN.

What exactly makes you think that person will want to share anything about his own life? Lmao the GALL to ask for more from someone who was treated like sh*t his entire life is astounding.

Any pop girl that faced what Harry faced now gets a reckoning for having been abused. A 16 year old boy couldn’t be?

So he’s supposed to bear it all and tell you where he puts his d*ck or has to dress in a black tuxedo and call it a day? Those are his two options.

Nah, you can seethe. He’ll continue doing what he wants and he’ll be more and more successful and you either get it or you don’t. And at the end of the day you’re the one yelling to the void. Nothing you can say will hurt him. None of these threads will affect him in the slightest. Nothing twitter says touches him.

You’re just making a lot of pointless noise. You’re free to do so. Waste your time away.

26 minutes ago, SignificantOther said:

Pls both confirmed multiple times they are not dating but it was still all over British blog sites. Either way them just hanging out is not the same as Harry making out with half of the Victoria Secret girls, Taylor, Olivia Wilde and all his other girlfriends in public places

He's a straight man who want to be different beause of his ego. Thats all.  He's a lesbian.

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

I, a queer woman,

Stop right there. This isn’t a “queer” issue. I don’t know what that word means anymore. For some people it means whatever they want it to mean. I don’t know what queer aesthetics are either.

But what this IS about, is a man being asked if he is attracted to other men. This is a gay/bi issue. This is about how gay/bi men a.k.a. men attracted to other men, are perceived by society.

The fact that you say sexuality is invisible tells me everything. Sexuality stops being invisible the second you hold another man’s hand in public.

EDIT: I previously expressed frustration that someone who is not a gay/bi man was talking over others in this thread. I do think this is an issue that pertains to us, but I don't want to contribute to divisive rhetoric. We all have a brain and the ability to make arguments and empathize. Emotion gets the best of me sometimes. This is a heated topic that makes me think of homophobia in society and I've experienced a lot of it. If we lived in a world where there was no risk to coming out, this thread wouldn't even be a thing.

46 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

This is my issue with his "no labelzzz" nonsense. :giraffe:

1 hour ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Where has he articulated that he hasn’t?

By this logic, everyone is assumed to have the capacity to be attracted to the same gender....which is horrifically short-sighted and removed from the reality of how peopoe experience sexualoty. 

One can live free of labels; they cannot live free of the reality of their attraction. 

5 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Stop right there. This isn’t a “queer” issue. I don’t know what that word means anymore. For some people it means whatever they want it to mean. I don’t know what queer aesthetics are either.

But what this IS about, is a man being asked if he is attracted to other men. This is a gay/bi issue. This is about how gay/bi men a.k.a. men attracted to other men, are perceived by society.

You are a woman. You do not know what it’s like to be a gay/bi man, you do not know what it is like to be a man who is attracted to other men. You do not know what it is like to be someone like that and how society treats you. The fact that you say sexuality is invisible tells me everything. Sexuality stops being invisible the second you hold another man’s hand in public.

Your two cents are not needed. Stay out of gay and bi men’s business.

Queer men are not more oppressed than queer women. What the hell are you saying? You're not a minority ABOVE queer women. We face some of the same issues than you, some worse, some less. You have no right to silence my opinion. Don't ever quote me again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.