• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• More Than A Melody

• Protocol

• Communion

"I've been really open with it with my friends, but that's my personal experience; it's mine." - Harry talking about his sexuality to Better Homes & Garden

just leave him alone

Leave him alone, poor guy people are so mean to him :'(

Anyways

I'm glad he's enjoying the sun though :clap3:

Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde Wear Matching Outfits in Distressed Jeans and  Tees | PEOPLE.com

he has a point, except that he’s being marketed, selling music and merch, making money and profiting by being “queer” or whatever 

which is why i’m not sure that argument applies here 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

In other words, mind y’all business :giraffe:

Isn't the problem is that the most famous person who acts queer is someone who's only ever publicly been in straight relationships

Right. I just don’t appreciate the queer aesthetic, used for stuff that he benefits from like music, if its supposed to be a private thing. 

We should stop being nosy about other people’s sexualities though, he is right

Edited by MALAMENTE

He’s so cute but he’s so annoying at the same time when he talks about this no labels ****

Beautiful productions and outfits but you can tell by his vague Instagram caption lyrics that he’s not particularly bright.

He is acting dense on purpose I see

I thought we left that "labels are bad" discourse in 2012 tumblr

Did he cut a hole in his sock to show us he painted his nails :skull:

Ye leave him alone. He can act whichever way he likes on stage. It's like telling pop girls not to be dressing and acting hypersexual in their music videos and performances when in their private lives they are shy and timid. 

17 minutes ago, vindajoykkkk said:

"I've been really open with it with my friends, but that's my personal experience; it's mine." - Harry talking about his sexuality to Better Homes & Garden

just leave him alone

This. 

13 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

he has a point, except that he’s being marketed, selling music and merch, making money and profiting by being “queer” or whatever 

which is why i’m not sure that argument applies here 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

Exactly. That point is valid when It applies to normal people, not rich singers selling the fantasy and "changing the norms" for his personal gain.

9 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Isn't the problem is that the most famous person who acts queer is someone who's only ever publicly been in straight relationships

But what makes you think he owes you any kind of explanation of his sexuality? :deadbanana2:

It’s straight privilege to say “no labels” 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

14 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

He'd have a point if he wasn't profitting from queerbaiting. The moment he made queerbaiting such a prominent thing in his career, he lost the right to privacy. Now it all comes off as really disingenuous and opportunistic.

I mean... he doesn't really owes any of us an explanation so I see his point. But at the same time, it would definitely help if he were more transparent about it. 

Whatever he's doing it's working for him though so he will continue this route.

Edited by thatsmydemi

15 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Yeah, I mean he prob kissed a guy drunk at a party once. You're straight Harry, queer people need to be able to identify proudly, don't give me the don't ask don't tell narrative. 

He's right?

I think the larger issue is that the media is treating him like the first coming of non-binary representation, which is absolutely not the truth, but it's also unfair to tell him to label his sexuality and present as hyper-masculine when he seems to be authentically representing himself.

The larger change should be with society's marginalization of non-white people and the media's reflection on that , and maybe he can be doing more to promote those voices? Like, get Omar Apollo or another dope queer artist to open for him (though it isn't like Mitski and Jenny Lewis aren't loved by the alt gays, so...).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.