• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

It looks so good and expensive :wanda: that shot in the tulips field looked gorgeous, I'm so excited for the roll-out to start

• Like 2

Ari looks so beautiful :jonny6:

I was at a Superbowl party with gays last night and we all gasped when the trailer finished 

Omg love this

The trailer Is cute. Even if It turns to be goofy and Camp in a cute way i'm ok with It. 

Still don't get it why It's in 2 parts. 

Why aren't there any songs in the trailer? Other than that scream? This is a musical, right?

oh this looks fantastic :jonny4:watched the trailer several times last night

concubine

My first thoughts:

• I was surprised at how noticeably bad the CGI looked. The art direction looks too generic and soulless, I was expecting something more stylized or at least nice to look at. It already looks dated :( i hate this new flat and sterile look every big movie has now, the hideous look of the teaser was my biggest takeaway
  • the characters are supposed to be teenagers but the leads look 30-40, it gave me a Dear Evan Hansen vibe immediately
  • I watched with my friends and no one realized it's supposed to be a musical? 
  • Stretching this story movie into 2 parts when the original plot is that basic is crazy
  • I dislike Ariana's look for this movie, especially her eyebrows. In general the trailer had me concerned if she is going to have trouble emoting properly with her face, it's going to be really distracting otherwise (for me)

I didn't care about this movie at all before the teaser but I'm def watching it now to see if it will be a train wreck.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but it's 1000% giving CATS movie vibes so far

Edited by concubine

It looks promising

does Jonathan's role plays a little part? :huh:

concubine
16 hours ago, Eóghan said:

what is this impersonal CGI fest :deadbanana2: 

I'm genuinely scared chile. No art direction, no charm, no personality no nothing

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

Why aren't there any songs in the trailer? Other than that scream? This is a musical, right?

It's definitely a musical, but just like the Mean Girls musical and Wonka, they're trying to downplay it for box office purposes/people who don't like musicals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

The first parts of Defying Gravity are sung throughout until the battle cry, but this is also just a 60 second “first look” at the project as a whole. Aside from that, Wicked is famous for being a musical, unlike Mean Girls and The Color Purple, so they have more ground to market how they see fit on this one. 

It looks atrocious lbr. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Serving Wonka, hope it's just as big of a hit. Feels surreal to see Ari in a lead role in a blockbuster, very exciting :duca: 

36 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

It looks promising

does Jonathan's role plays a little part? :huh:

Fiyero is more of a sideline player in comparison to Elphaba and Galinda, yes. His role becomes a little meatier in the second half of the story. 

• Like 2

I know nothing about Wicked but I thought it was a cool trailer :thing: 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Looks promising. Ariana’s acting looks good from the little bit we saw

2 hours ago, Jay07 said:

It’s becoming the norm to not market musicals as musicals, Wonka also hid that in its trailers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concubine said:

I watched with my friends and no one realized it's supposed to be a musical? Recent musical movies have been marketed the same way

Who doesn’t know Wicked is a musical though? :deadbanana:

Its literally one of the most known musicals of all time and stars Ariana Grande.

spacer.png

they couldn't tell cynthia to clear her throat before she entered the booth to record her vocals?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, concubine said:
  • the characters are supposed to be teenagers but the leads look 30-40, it gave me a Dear Evan Hansen vibe immediately

Kristin and Idina were in their 30s when Wicked premiered on Broadway. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.