Wicked | Cynthia Erivo & Ariana Grande | Trailer out now

Azulito

11 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

ugh bye :rip: 

this is funny because while the show has iconic songs, there’s also a bunch of clunkers in there so the “not wanting to cut any songs” excuse is so dumb.

they just wanted to end the movie on Defying Gravity lmfao 

Apparently it’s also because they’re adding stuff from the book that wasn’t included in the musical, I have no idea what’s in the book that they could add, I just hope that both are good 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

Ariana's hair looks better on video

27 minutes ago, Khal said:

The VF photoshoot was serving CW (derogatory) but the teaser isn't too bad.

Not CW 🤣🤣🤣

looks amazing, ariana is gonna eat this up :clap3:

Ya'll we have no idea what the storytelling narrative will be. They very well may open the film with Dorothy & co. w/ Elphaba and then flash back.

I think they are trying to tease the whole story from both parts to hook even though only Part 1 releases this year. They want the GA to turn out and hope the movie will be good enough / leave people on such a high with Defying Gravity that they won’t mind waiting a year for the conclusion.

Moana 2 splitting attention with family audiences for the Thanksgiving weekend aside, I still think this could perform similarly to Wonka in the US (WW is a bigger question mark; Wonka was the #2 biggest movie of the year in the UK for example which will be hard to match without the Christmas holiday corridor).

But yeah that final note from Cynthia was a bit too Xtina shredding for my liking and a bit too much CGI gloss even over the physical sets. 

• Like 1

The teaser was great, visually it looks amazing. :jonny:

56 minutes ago, Cheers said:

A mess

Her face is distracting :rip: 

This was such a bad career move . 
IMG-4001.jpg

The teaser looks great. A visual feast.

35 minutes ago, kindararenext said:

IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE 

can’t believe some ppl here are saying it is cheap looking but then again i’m in atrl so i should’ve known y’all don’t like anything over here 

Musicals just aren’t popular anymore 

• ATRL Moderator

Very distracted by the amount of overbearing CGI gloss - I was hoping for more of a restrained old Hollywood MGM musical look based on the physical sets that I personally think is much better suited to the material. What's the point of building gorgeous sets if you're going to smother them all in CGI (that will age poorly)? The staging of the musical is pretty understated outside of the big set pieces all things considered, so I'm disappointed they've gone in a completely different direction with the movie. It seems like excess in every sense of the word was their goal, including with runtime, which I think was the wrong approach. Hoping to be wrong, though.

• Like 6

the effects are cool, but the acting...

the production value is production valuing :clap3:

Relieved that from first sight Ariana doesn’t stick out in an embarrassing way. She seems settled in the role. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

This was such a bad career move . 
IMG-4001.jpg

It might have a decent debut, but I think this will tank just like yes, and? Hope I'm wrong though

Edited by LaFuerza
  • Thumbs Down 4

what is this impersonal CGI fest :deadbanana2: 

• Like 1

This actually looks decent

This is the type of  movies i love. Dont wanna watch it for the cheating thing but looks so good :giraffe:
Reminds me of oz and i loved that movie :gaycat2:

Cynthia looks facetuned to hell. Otherwise this looks cool.

• Like 1

i think Ariana has smartphone face and it is kinda distracting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.