What do you predict Gen Alpha to be like?

Solaria

Generation Alpha is the demographic cohort succeeding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media use the early-to-mid 2010s as starting birth years and the mid-2020s to early 2030s as ending birth years. 

The Alpha kids will be the kids of mostly Millenials and early Gen Z’ers. Right now they are mostly known for being the ‘iPad generation’ and their addiction to Roblox. What do you predict they will be like when they grow up? Will they be as concerned about the environment, racial inequality and social causes like Gen Z? Will they listen to the same alt pop artists like Lana, Billie etc? Discuss! :coffee:

Edited by pieceofgök

This is the generation that became addicted to tablets and Youtube when they were toddlers. I hate to say it but they're probably going to be the dumbest and laziest generation mankind has ever seen.

probably similar to gen z 

hopefully not as annoying as gen z :jonny5:

12 minutes ago, Nano said:

This is the generation that became addicted to tablets and Youtube when they were toddlers. I hate to say it but they're probably going to be the dumbest and laziest generation mankind has ever seen.

i don’t think they’ll be any dumber than past generations, especially since when you’re online you’re constantly reading and learning, as opposed to past generations only having school to learn new things. 

22 minutes ago, Nano said:

They will definetly continue the trend to be more political conscious. Their mostly millenial parents are more concerned with their private life or reject democratic participation cause they mostly grew up (in the Western hemisphere of course) in stable times. Gen Z and Alpha won't have that luxury. I also think Alpha will be a less cynical generation than the Z'ers. Since Alpha and the next genration will be mostly responsible for organising the end of the world party, I expect them to be very funny and entertaining people:gaycat4:

Very annoying like the predecessors

rebellious and angry like gen z, maybe even more but probably less cringey.  i also think they will be less “woke” - SJWs style. Still political but more focused on real life issues like climate, migration etc and less about things like pronouns. I honestly expect a lot of tension between Gen Z and Alpha on that level.

31 minutes ago, Nano said:

We can talk about the effects of dependency on digital media, but unless Gen Alpha starts to drown random people in order to find out whether they're witches they won't become the dumbest generation ever. The youngest in Gen Z grew up with smartphones and a lot of them are brighter than their parents/grandparents (not saying all of them, but definetly as a generation they're not dumber).

good bc they'll bring avril lavigne's career back from the dead :jonny6:

Edited by Aquamarine

compared with genz they will be more right wing and have more mental heath issues thanks to being terminally online for their whole lives

The ones from middle and upper class will be the most depressed and mentally ill generation because they will be so isolated, introverted and socially anxious (except for spoiled brats from rich families), the ones from poorer families will have to work 5x times as harder to keep up since poor people will get even poorer. They will also have harder time to be independent from their family because of rising cost of living and inflation.

Better than us cause they didn’t get the pandemic during their prime :toofunny3:

be way gayer thats for sure, also more intelligent and politically aware!

It seems through each generation, we are becoming more and more understanding and accepting of the world. I imagine that will continue and more people will identify as non-binary while going against social constructs in general. Lastly, I think work culture will continue to evolve and becoming more accepting to work from home/not do the traditional 40-hour in office weeks.

With all this being said, hopefully that means true change and progress for the better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.