most streamed western pop girls in south korea

supertiffany

2 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Debut, debut, debut.. 

Why would you highlight that she did better than anybody else in a small thing if it wasn't to shade? It still doesn't make sense that you used everybody's last studio album and compared it to Taylor's second last. Why didn't you use Evermore?

She was only person to get dragged in this thread, by stans of whose faves' albums failed to match her success. YEC placements and single sales have nothing to do with debuts. It would be unfair to compare Evermore to the other albums because, unlike the others, it was a surprise release with no physical copies available to ship. I didn't use Sia and Anne-Marie's last albums either.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• supertiffany

• drivers license

• KOMH

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KOMH said:

She was only person to get dragged in this thread, by stans of whose faves' albums failed to match her success. YEC placements and single sales have nothing to do with debuts. It would be unfair to compare Evermore to the other albums because, unlike the others, it was a surprise release with no physical copies available to ship. I didn't use Sia and Anne-Marie's last albums either.

Positions and Thank U, Next didn't have physicals available at the moment of release either, especially Positions! Again, debuts don't count much if you don't get people to stream or buy you after the first week.

2 minutes ago, KOMH said:

Positions and Thank U, Next didn't have physicals available at the moment of release either, especially Positions! Again, debuts don't count much if you don't get people to stream or buy you after the first week.

This list is not really accurate, it's missing many collabs :skull: This site is the only way to check total streams for artists (I think), and for example, they have Selena at 130m streams and that's what shows up on her page https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/artiststream/402544 but on top you can click to see her collabs and there's Ice Cream by Blackpink with 42m streams. We Don't Talk Anymore is not on her page at all and it has 100m streams and that's probably not the only song missing. I can't believe they made a list of 47 artists and didn't notice that some songs are missing :dies: 

Halsey is actually second most streamed if you include her BTS song (577m streams),

7 minutes ago, rzal said:

This list is not really accurate, it's missing many collabs :skull: This site is the only way to check total streams for artists (I think), and for example, they have Selena at 130m streams and that's what shows up on her page https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/artiststream/402544 but on top you can click to see her collabs and there's Ice Cream by Blackpink with 42m streams. We Don't Talk Anymore is not on her page at all and it has 100m streams and that's probably not the only song missing. I can't believe they made a list of 47 artists and didn't notice that some songs are missing :dies: 

Halsey is actually second most streamed if you include her BTS song (577m streams),

Yeah that's why they're missing so many streams for Ariana too, she has surpassed 1 Billion last year, I believe this only includes lead credits.

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

Debut, debut, debut.. 

Why would you highlight that she did better than anybody else in a small thing if it wasn't to shade? It still doesn't make sense that you used everybody's last studio album and compared it to Taylor's second last. Why didn't you use Evermore?

:rofl:

moonlitdick
3 hours ago, ariananext said:

Dangerous Woman - #20

Sweetener - #24

Thank U, Next - #30

I don't understand, are we picking the last studio albums or not? Plus who cares about peaks when Ariana is a huge pure seller and streaming force? 

Ahhhh this Swift clock :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, rzal said:

How do you search other artists on that site 

something's wrong because halsey's song with bts has over 500M streams so she should be at least at #2

5 hours ago, Seiko Oomori said:

i'll never understand how 2002 smashed so massively there :dies:

koreans stan the most random songs/artists, lauv is one of the biggest western male artists over there

he has so many album tracks/flop singles that smashed there for some reason

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.