Gay man blinded in Florida by a homophobic family for 'turning their son gay'.

Communion

A man from Florida, US has been left permanently blind after an alleged anti-gay attack from the Ukranian family of his boyfriend . The victim, who told police to respect his wish to remain anonymous, is a 31-year-old resident of Pompano Beach, and says he was ambushed by the family member of his supposed boyfriend of nine months because they believed he had turned their family member gay.

Last week, the Broward State Attorney’s Office filed hate crime charges against three members of a South Florida family — Inna Makarenko, 44; Yevhen Makarenko, 43, and Oleh Makarenko, 21- all refugees from Ukraine but now residing in Florida— who are accused of “severely beating a man based on his sexual orientation.”

They are facing charges of attempted murder, battery, and kidnapping. Another member of the family, 25-year-old Vladyslav Makarenko, was transferred from Alabama to the Broward County jail system on April 11 for his alleged involvement in the attack according to a police statement on Thursday April 21.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• RainDreamer

• Nano

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Top Posters In This Topic

They should also beat the family up and remove their eyes, donate them to the victim if possible. 

The fact that they’re Ukrainian too…

I’m already seeing this being highlighted all over Twitter.

:toofunny2:

By the way, the victims boyfriend is the man in the middle. He was in on the attack. 

:mazen:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

The complete overreaction. :mazen:

Just now, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

By the way, the victims boyfriend is the man in the middle. He was in on the attack. 

:biblionny:

Edited by Nano

Now I don't want to get too political but

The GOP would be all over this if it was Syrian refugees :shutup:

So horrible

1 minute ago, Nano said:

The complete overreaction. :mazen: I wonder how the boyfriend is reacting to this.

The boyfriend is the man in the middle, smiling. 

If this was a Muslim family, people on both political spectrums would react differently, especially the conservatives.

Death to all of them. These people need to pay in the worst way.. idc. I’ll never understand people like them. 

3 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The fact that they’re Ukrainian too…

I’m already seeing this being highlighted all over Twitter.

ye there’s already a few replies about it under the tweet OP posted.

It's **** like this that challenges my stance on the death penalty. Absolutely despicable.

They need to be sued..hard

no death for them, Life-sentence in prison, to Suffer

Life sentence in jail to all 5. It’s a hate crime that could’ve resulted in murder. This man will never get his sight back, they shouldn’t get their freedom.

Eastern Europeans :biblio: Stay away from them, girls

It was still lurking under the surface but the homophobic culture war coming back full force is pretty depressing.

24 minutes ago, Lil' Oz said:

If this was a Muslim family, people on both political spectrums would react differently, especially the conservatives.

Conservatives are probably ok with this anyways. I don’t think anyone would excuse a ******* horrible crime like this cuz of their stupid religion and beliefs. It’s still attempted MURDER. 

4 minutes ago, Zaram said:

the xenophobia and whataboutism in this thread:rip:

I... don't think that word means what you think it means based on how you're using it. :skull:

24 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

Why did the 'boyfriend' join in :toofunny2:

I would like to know this too

I would've supported them with if the victim was underage but a 21 year old is an adult, he clearly could give consent, lock them up and send them back! 

JAIL!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.