House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

7 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

OMG

Ah ****

Time to ignore this thread, YT, TikTok and Twt until Sunday   :rip:

of course its the one we dont get press screeners to :skull: there goes their security level

Just now, Liafen said:

of course its the one we dont get press screeners to :skull: there goes their security level

This is your press screener :eli: 

26 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

This is your press screener :eli: 

I would never! 

:eli: 

Edited by Liafen

24 minutes ago, Liafen said:

mess and its in full HD

nvm

Edited by Kwame

@drmkng sis asking for leaks is a bannable offense, delete this quick

Edited by Liafen

Mess, it was always nice to watch the episode after my work day on a freaking Monday. But I think I can't wait that long when I know it is out there.

Omg

Spoiler

Vhagar killed Aemond

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:dancehall3:

Spoiler
Spoiler

:ducky:joking

I just read the spoilers and, if that f***ing mess comes true, I won't be even surprised :bibliahh: They ruined two characters in 1x5 and 1x9 with stupid action scenes due to hideous scripts. Not only do I blame the screenwriters but also the showrunner Condal, of course. Don't forget he approved these decisions in the end. I thought HBO learnt from the clowns Dumb & Dumber but holy sh*t -- HOTD should've finished in 1x8 :deadbanana4:

I already know some people will be fuming over certain decisions made for the story. I just watched the episode and it is insanely well done and executed.

This was a spectacular episode and I was constantly thinking how much this needs to be seen in the cinema. Emma D'Aarcy had a STANDOUT performance this episode and so did Ramin Djawadi with the music. I was clenched the whole episode because of the tension and the dread over what is coming.

Rhaenys explained her decision not to burn them all in King's Landing as it not being her war to start which is a character decision I agree with. Daemon choking Rhaenyra is something his fans will certainly be against and try to argue that it is not in his character. Yes the Daemon that we saw brutally kill people on the streets of King's Landing and murder his wife in cold blood, as well as groom his own niece.

Now on to the things that might end up being controversial which is Aemond not actually intending to kill Lucerys and it being sort of an accident. To me that fully makes sense because the series so far has portrayed Aemond as hot headed but also intuitive and capable of understanding the gravity of the situation. When it all goes down between him and Lucerys you end up realizing these are both two immature literal teenagers on massive living and breathing nuclear weapons. In the case of Aemond, Vhagar is a literal kaiju.

It calls back to the words of Viserys at the start of the season when he says that them being able to control dragons is an illusion. Targaryen exceptionalism and "godhood" is a lie and just like we learned with what Daenerys says "a dragon is not a slave". This episode serves as an amazing parallel to what he was trying to teach Rhaenyra.

Just stunning.

@Liafen have you seen it? Would love to hear your thoughts!

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

@Liafen have you seen it? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Yes, just finished.

Loved the subplot of Corlys and Rhaenys, with her not bowing instantly and also explaining her actions, definitely shuts people up who thought she should've roasted the greens like beans. Also loved Rhaenyra's actions this episode - they were always more questionable as she's also hot-headed but in the finale she seemed to be the most collected, just after her miscarriage... A great character development. And well done on setting up an interesting dynamic between her and Daemon. Poor Smith, never playing the king, always the struggling power-tripping consort.

:skull: Rhaenyra's turn in the end reminded me of Catching Fire, that was badass. So from a narrative standpoint and acting-wise, it was well done.

However, I did find the first 'dance' to be quite, I don't know, kind of underwhelming. Several scenes lacked the tension which was so well done in EP09. It did not connect and that's with me preferring Luke over Jace, god I hate that Heartstopper'd actor with the pouty lips, let's hope he's next. :duca: (Also, I don't know why the showrunners want to rely on subsequent accidents setting up the huge, overarching conflict - with Alicent's misunderstanding of Viserys's words and now Vhagar not obeying Aemond and killing Luke. It's so frustrating when accidents are used as the tool to kick things off, I hate that with the same passion of hating the 'then he woke up and realized it was just a dream' trope.)

Music-wise, stellar as always. Still love the one with the eerie vocals that played at the end again. There are some scenes which could've used Ramin's music more, some were too quiet for me.

Some of the narrative decisions in this episode (10) are awful...they literally have the book as a fine print, and yet they continue to deviate from it for decisions that are juvenile, stupid, and contrarian. The episode was fine, let down by the most dumb narrative decisions, in fact that's probably my review for the season too.

I simply can't wait for the official soundtrack to drop. The best element of this whole season is Ramin's score.

Now I have to wait 2+ years for the next season... I wonder which will come first: S2 or Blackpink's third album.....

1 minute ago, mystery said:

I simply can't wait for the official soundtrack to drop. The best element of this whole season is Ramin's score.

Definitely, that and the acting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.