The Rings of Power | Prime Video | Episode 5: 'Halls of Stone' | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

On 10/16/2022 at 3:20 AM, saucy said:

convinced me to give it a shot 

and tbh it's actually quite good. i cant believe the internet nerds were fuming over this :deadbanana2:

They were fuming lol

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• Feanor

• SpankGangsta

On 10/15/2022 at 10:07 AM, Cloröx said:

Rise king rise :WAP:

502014662_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).thumb.g

Fine as hell

2 hours ago, Xoxogossipgurl said:

Fine as hell

ikr? i hate he doesn't have IG so i can thirst with each new post :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

ikr? i hate he doesn't have IG so i can thirst with each new post :gaycat6:

Haha honestly I would probably be in his DM's if he had an insta. I'm not even going to lie :dies:

Just finished it and overall thought it was bland and very uninteresting. Parts of it were pure spectacle, plain and simple and I was kinda gagged at the Sauron reveal and fakeout in the finale, but overall it wasn't super interesting...

Some of my favorite characters:

Disa & her husband (I am so bad at remembering names :rip: )

Halbrand/Sauron

The male elf in love with Bronwyn 

Isildur, his dad, and his friends

Nori & Poppy

Finally got around to watching this, what a dreadful, boring, laughable attempt at Tolkien fanfiction

He would be rolling in his grave if not for the fact that this was a bomb watched by no one and Jackson's flawless movies will live forever because they hold up perfectly well.

I didn't mind this show, but every time I talk to friends about it, they absolutely decimate it. I don't think I know anyone who actually liked it. :skull:

4 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

One thing I hated though were Isildur's sister and Pharazon's son :skull: nasty sneaky lil rats @Eóghan was there anything significant about their inclusion? :deadbanana:

We'll see in next seasons. There is a purpose for her. 

I personally loved it...i'm a big LOTR/The Hobbit fan but i'm not a Tolkien purist who i know aren't happy with the series.

On 10/30/2022 at 3:44 AM, HotFriedChicken said:

One thing I hated though were Isildur's sister and Pharazon's son :skull: nasty sneaky lil rats @Eóghan was there anything significant about their inclusion? :deadbanana:

These 2 are the weakest part of the show, they're not fleshed out enough for me.

The actress who plays Earien (Isildur's sister) said they had to cut half the scenes she shot for the show for lack of time. It's a really a shame. It's not just her, I follow all the actors on Instagram and they keep posting pictures on set of scenes that were cut, it's pissing me off. :deadbanana: I hope we get an extended version of this season when the Blu rays are out just like the movies. Prayer circle. :psych:

As for their significance, just like @Fancyhoodlum said we're just in the prologue of their story, they'll have much more fleshed out story in later seasons. From what we've seen of season 1 I think their purpose is to show the growing political/ideological divide on the island of numenor. Elendil's family are part of the Faithful, the old religion of the island that were in harmony with the Elves who created and gave Numenor to the men. While Pharazon is the opposite, he hates and disdain the Elves, he has growing support on the island to cut all ties with the Elves and their gods. But ultimately it's mostly jealousy and bitterness that drives him, he's jealous of their immortality and doesn't understand why they can't get the same treatment as the elves from the gods. We can see it in the last episode when he orders the construction of a huge statue for the king to grant him "immortality in stone", he clearly has a big complex about immortality and trying to compensate like many numenoriens before him (the countless gigantic statues all over the island). In the last scene, we see him with tears in his eyes, he's not just mourning the king, he's mourning the mortality of men.

He's mad. And my guess, that's when Sauron will come in to manipulate and create a new "origin villain story".

uuGf2lO.gif 

Earien and Kemen are newly created characters for the show to flesh out Numenor. There's not much about Numenor in the books (they bought the rights to), they only have an outline of events with 5 significant characters (Pharazon, Queen Miriel, Isildur, Anarion and Elendil)

My theory is that Pharazon/Kemen are goin to brainwash Earien with their new cult and drag her off the deep end with them. Which will create an even bigger tragic dimension to the story of Numenor, especially since her 2 brothers and father are part of the Faithful.

But honestly that's just a wish from me, I want things to get messy :fan: 

The opposite could still happen because the last time we saw Earien, she was goin to look into the Palantir. Maybe she will get the same vision as Galadriel/Queen Miriel and see the "The Great Wave" that will destroy Numenor as punishments from the gods. Which mean she'll be against Pharazon/Kemen, but that doesn't make an interesting story for me. We'll see.

I lowkey want her, Pharazon and Kemen to become Nazgûls. :mandown: If they get 3 of the 9 Rings given to mortal men over the course of the show then we'll have confirmation. Especially with the time compression they're doing in the show. It could totally happen.

On 10/30/2022 at 7:59 AM, MrLovett said:

I didn't mind this show, but every time I talk to friends about it, they absolutely decimate it. I don't think I know anyone who actually liked it. :skull:

It's objectively a terrible show. :michael:

Edited by Cz!

18 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I miss this show so much

Same. I didn't think I'd miss it that much. 

And this reddit thread posted today gave me the idea of doing a binge of season 1 over Christmas. I think it's perfect for the season.

Maybe It will improve my opinion of it or decrease it, but I do wonder how the story will stand as a binge.

On 10/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, MrLovett said:

Half the people I know who love LoTR didn't even give it a proper chance or they stopped after 1 or 2 episodes. And when I ask them why, their argumentation is the absolute pits. I don't even try to further the discussion and just change the subject. It's like they were swept away by a snowball effect of trolling and not being able to construct their own individual opinion.

But you know what it's also fascinating case study to witness brainwashing on a smaller scale like that.

The other half either loved it with passion or have so many issues with it but at least they stuck around till the end. Those I'm happy to engage with, it makes for fun conversations.

7 hours ago, Eóghan said:

These 2 are the weakest part of the show, they're not fleshed out enough for me.

The actress who plays Earien (Isildur's sister) said they had to cut half the scenes she shot for the show for lack of time. It's a really a shame. It's not just her, I follow all the actors on Instagram and they keep posting pictures on set of scenes that were cut, it's pissing me off. :deadbanana: I hope we get an extended version of this season when the Blu rays are out just like the movies. Prayer circle. :psych:

As for their significance, just like @Fancyhoodlum said we're just in the prologue of their story, they'll have much more fleshed out story in later seasons. From what we've seen of season 1 I think their purpose is to show the growing political/ideological divide on the island of numenor. Elendil's family are part of the Faithful, the old religion of the island that were in harmony with the Elves who created and gave Numenor to the men. While Pharazon is the opposite, he hates and disdain the Elves, he has growing support on the island to cut all ties with the Elves and their gods. But ultimately it's mostly jealousy and bitterness that drives him, he's jealous of their immortality and doesn't understand why they can't get the same treatment as the elves from the gods. We can see it in the last episode when he orders the construction of a huge statue for the king to grant him "immortality in stone", he clearly has a big complex about immortality and trying to compensate like many numenoriens before him (the countless gigantic statues all over the island). In the last scene, we see him with tears in his eyes, he's not just mourning the king, he's mourning the mortality of men.

He's mad. And my guess, that's when Sauron will come in to manipulate and create a new "origin villain story".

uuGf2lO.gif 

Earien and Kemen are newly created characters for the show to flesh out Numenor. There's not much about Numenor in the books (they bought the rights to), they only have an outline of events with 5 significant characters (Pharazon, Queen Miriel, Isildur, Anarion and Elendil)

My theory is that Pharazon/Kemen are goin to brainwash Earien with their new cult and drag her off the deep end with them. Which will create an even bigger tragic dimension to the story of Numenor, especially since her 2 brothers and father are part of the Faithful.

But honestly that's just a wish from me, I want things to get messy :fan: 

The opposite could still happen because the last time we saw Earien, she was goin to look into the Palantir. Maybe she will get the same vision as Galadriel/Queen Miriel and see the "The Great Wave" that will destroy Numenor as punishments from the gods. Which mean she'll be against Pharazon/Kemen, but that doesn't make an interesting story for me. We'll see.

I lowkey want her, Pharazon and Kemen to become Nazgûls. :mandown: If they get 3 of the 9 Rings given to mortal men over the course of the show then we'll have confirmation. Especially with the time compression they're doing in the show. It could totally happen.

I think Kemen will be Mouth of Sauron which is also the Black Numenorean.

‘Dahmer,’ ‘Rings of Power’ Hold Atop Streaming Series Rankings

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/streaming-tv-rankings-oct-3-9-2022-1235255113/

Remaining stable for episode 7 at 988 million, it even increased compared to episode 6. Hopefully it can pass 1 billion again for the season finale.

It also officially becomes Amazon's biggest season of television to date according to Nielsen with 6.38 billion minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Complete Recordings" of each episodes are now available on Spotify, Apple Music and other platforms.

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/bear-mccreary/204012062/see-all?section=full-albums

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2ifvIECHAlEgPMBuBOJ0lG/discography/album 

6nzet0ij2px91.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

On 11/1/2022 at 6:46 AM, Cloröx said:

I think Kemen will be Mouth of Sauron which is also the Black Numenorean.

Yeah you're spot on! I didn't know Mouth of Sauron was a former Numenorean. There's so much they can play with tbh

do you think we will see Sauron in his human form again? or will it be closer to what we saw in the first episode?

1 hour ago, BadMonster said:

We still haven't seen Annatar and the creation of most rings, so I'm pretty sure we'll see him in a human form, but I don't think it'll be Halbrand, cuz the elves would recognize him

oh so recasting is coming then :chick3:

Just finished. Ep 1-3 were a real struggle to get through, I wasn't into it at all.

But then ep4 really lifted the overall quality a ton and I enjoyed the remainder of the season.

I must say the Dwarven princess was easily one of the best characters, I loved the scene when she was singing in the mountain. Feel really bad about the actress having to endure all that vitriol. I also really liked the Bronwyn actress' performance. Arondir felt underused in terms of action set pieces, he was kinda just there to establish a romance?

The standoff scene between Galadriel and Halbrand in the final episode was also great as it explores further how manipulative Sauron is and sort of expands on what his powers entails.

Gil-Galad was easily the best of the Elven characters IMO, they really need to fix Celebrimbor and Elrond's hair..

The prosthetic and makeup work on the Orcs was terrific. The opening title sequence is great, is it acorns/nuts forming all those constellations?

If so, I love that.

Edited by Dark Miracles

Back above 1 billion for the week of season finale

509gwn2e87z91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a 

I tried watching this but I kinda got bored after episode 6.

The backgrounds and wide shots were amazingly pretty. Awesome visuals but I think the story could’ve been a bit better. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.