China slams Sweden: "Respect religious beliefs of Muslims"

Revolution

2 hours ago, BGXKB said:

Over 1/3 of Swedes describe themselves as religiously unaffiliated so I don’t see a problem as long as Bible burnings are allowed there too? How regressive, you can’t stop people from criticizing your beliefs. I’m not sure how they think it works but all religions are regularly FRIED across all media practically everywhere. Religious beliefs aren’t protected whether they’re majority or minority. It’s called free speech. 

Burning any religious book is offensive and unnecessary. Free speech doesn’t mean the right to be islamophobic and racist (yes they are very linked)

-

They are right but they should also start at home first :rip:

Just now, Robert said:

Burning any religious book is offensive and unnecessary. Free speech doesn’t mean the right to be islamophobic and racist (yes they are very linked)

-

They are right but they should also start at home first :rip:

Criticizing a religion or burning a book is not necessarily phobic of anything, including a particular race, ethnic group, or culture. No, we burn bibles and we burn qurans that’s just how it must be in an intellectual society. All religions and the institutions in charge of indoctrinating people into religions have too much control over too many people. These words printed on pages should not mean so much to anyone.

Most Islamic followers are not even in favor of strict adherence to any one interpretation of indoctrinated religious scripture. Everyone is beginning to think for themselves and this is part of it.

Free speech means being islamophobic I see I will start my anti-gay agenda then :bibliahh:

4 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Criticizing a religion or burning a book is not necessarily phobic of anything, including a particular race, ethnic group, or culture. No, we burn bibles and we burn qurans that’s just how it must be in an intellectual society. All religions and the institutions in charge of indoctrinating people into religions have too much control over too many people. These words printed on pages should not mean so much to anyone.

Most Islamic followers are not even in favor of strict adherence to any one interpretation of indoctrinated religious scripture. Everyone is beginning to think for themselves and this is part of it.

What intellectual society burns books? :rip: You know the group doing this literally want to deport all Muslims and ban all immigrants from non-western countries so yes it is very much racist.

Excuse me WHAT :ahh:The absolute nerve of the Chinese foreign ministry sometimes. It's like how they're constantly telling Western nations to stop being racist :ahh:

18 minutes ago, Robert said:

What intellectual society burns books? :rip: You know the group doing this literally want to deport all Muslims and ban all immigrants from non-western countries so yes it is very much racist.

A society that allows free speech? Muslims are not going to be deported because some guys burned the Quran. As I said, there are Bible burnings everywhere no one is getting special protections for the choices they make to follow a religion in a free society. :rip:

I mean yes the law in the West even today is heavily influenced by Christianity, but there are almost no practically enforceable blasphemy laws. Blasphemy is usually tolerated here. We are never going to make blasphemy illegal again. We are never going back to being a religious society. Let it go.

That's rich coming from a country that throws muslims into concentration camps 

Not the biggest oppressor along with Russia violating human rights coming for one of the most progressive countries in the whole world…

They do have nerve, we have to give them that :ahh:

7 hours ago, BGXKB said:

6 hours ago, BGXKB said:

A society that allows free speech? Muslims are not going to be deported because some guys burned the Quran. As I said, there are Bible burnings everywhere no one is getting special protections for the choices they make to follow a religion in a free society. :rip:

I mean yes the law in the West even today is heavily influenced by Christianity, but there are almost no practically enforceable blasphemy laws. Blasphemy is usually tolerated here. We are never going to make blasphemy illegal again. We are never going back to being a religious society. Let it go.

"free society with freedom of speech" 

"we burn books because we believe people shouldn't believe what is written in them" 

:ahh:

China criticizing Sweden teas :ahh:

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

"free society with freedom of speech" 

"we burn books because we believe people shouldn't believe what is written in them" 

:ahh:

China criticizing Sweden teas :ahh:

It’s an act of protest? Yes people are allowed to do that? You’re trying to link me to Islamophobia and it’s not appropriate it’s just reactionary and hysterical with your laughing emojis in a serious thread. Wow 

54 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

It’s an act of protest? Yes people are allowed to do that? You’re trying to link me to Islamophobia and it’s not appropriate it’s just reactionary and hysterical with your laughing emojis in a serious thread. Wow 

I didn’t link you to anything, i basically wrote parts from your own post. If it sounds problematic, maybe the problem was your post itself, don't you think so? 

It is 21th century btw, religious people and laws/governments with no religion can co-exist. It is called secularism. You don't have to burn religious books or protest anything for that to happen. 

8 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I didn’t link you to anything, i basically wrote parts from your own post. If it sounds problematic, maybe the problem was your post itself, don't you think so? 

It is 21th century btw, religious people and laws/governments with no religion can co-exist. It is called secularism. You don't have to burn religious books or protest anything for that to happen. 

No you actually compared me to China and Sweden? Like I’m not ideologically or politically aligned with either of them just because I would defend their right to do this.

To be secular you do have to get over the whole idea of holy books in the first place. The trick here is thinking anyone even cares about holy books anymore outside of institutions that make a profit off of religious indoctrination. The average Muslim isn’t even as offended by this as much as they are the intentions and motivations for it. But that’s something different and suppressing the right to burn books will only make the far-right stronger. There’s no way to stop people burning books.

Edited by BGXKB

2 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

No you actually compared me to China and Sweden? Like I’m not ideologically or politically aligned with either of them just because I would defend their right to do this.

To be secular you do have to get over the whole idea of holy books in the first place. The trick here is thinking anyone even cares about holy books anymore outside of institutions that make a profit off of religious indoctrination. The average Muslim isn’t even as offended by this as much as they are the intentions and motivations for it. But that’s something different and suppressing their right to do this will only make them stronger. There’s no way to stop people burning books.

I compared you to China-Sweden situation because China has the nerve to criticize any other country about "respecting religious beliefs" when they have concentration camps for religious people, just like you talked about intellectual countries with freedom of speech just to follow that with burning books to make people irreligious which is basically... what China is doing. 

I am not saying there should be laws to stop people burning books but that doesn’t make burning books ok and intentions behind that is pretty clear. It is wrong to me, not because it is blasphemy but basically because it is a sign of disrespect against certain groups. 

The logic behind it is no different than "burn flags so you can end nationalism". It doesn't work like that, especially in a time you just can't eradicate information about anything. It only makes religious people who feel discriminated more and more extremist. 

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I compared you to China-Sweden situation because China has the nerve to criticize any other country about "respecting religious beliefs" when they have concentration camps for religious people, just like you talked about intellectual countries with freedom of speech just to follow that with burning books to make people irreligious which is basically... what China is doing. 

I am not saying there should be laws to stop people burning books but that doesn’t make burning books ok and intentions behind that is pretty clear. It is wrong to me, not because it is blasphemy but basically because it is a sign of disrespect against certain groups. 

The logic behind it is no different than "burn flags so you can end nationalism". It doesn't work like that, especially in a time you just can't eradicate information about anything. It only makes religious people who feel discriminated more and more extremist. 

I don’t think it makes them more extremist at all that is the narrative the alt-right were clearly trying to sow here. Most people can see right through their malicious act. And so they should be allowed to do it because it exposes their own hypocrisy. And there’s like no way to stop it. What can be stopped is the Quran-burners’ Islamophobic agenda. But you can’t stop them from burning Qurans because that is just a demonstration of their agenda rather than the agenda itself.

China has a lot of nerve...

China has some audacity saying this :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.