China slams Sweden: "Respect religious beliefs of Muslims"

Revolution

GettyImages-1229545024-scaled-e1650462666191.jpg?resize=1200,800&quality=85&strip=all&zoom=1&ssl=1

China, on Wednesday, criticised Sweden after a recent incident took place involving the burning of copies of the Muslim holy book, the Quran, Anadolu News Agency reports.

"Freedom of speech cannot be a reason to incite racial or cultural discrimination and tear society apart," said Wang Wenbin, spokesperson of China's Foreign Ministry, referring to the incident that triggered widespread condemnation across the Muslim world.

"We hope Sweden can earnestly respect the religious beliefs of minority groups, including Muslims," Wang said, according to the Chinese daily, Global Times.

Turkiye, Saudi Arabia and a host of Arab and Muslim countries and organisations have condemned the Quran burning, terming the act as provocation and incitement against Muslims.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20220420-respect-religious-beliefs-of-muslims-china-tells-sweden/

Chinese Drone To Shanghai Residents :

“Control your soul‘s desire for freedom” :rip:

29 minutes ago, Tropez said:

:clap3:China really is showing the world Swedens hypocrisy

Hypocrisy is ATRL gays defending Islam :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

The pot calling the kettle black  :dies:

I really thought I read the headline wrong...China dragging about respect beliefs? Dead.

10 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Chinese Drone To Shanghai Residents :

“Control your soul‘s desire for freedom” :rip:

This is sad but i also laughed so hard

Is China trolling?

Over 1/3 of Swedes describe themselves as religiously unaffiliated so I don’t see a problem as long as Bible burnings are allowed there too? How regressive, you can’t stop people from criticizing your beliefs. I’m not sure how they think it works but all religions are regularly FRIED across all media practically everywhere. Religious beliefs aren’t protected whether they’re majority or minority. It’s called free speech. 

China is the one to call considering the way they treat Uighyur Muslims like ****, much worse than the Swedes

China girl... Uyghur says hi :toofunny2:

the call is coming from inside the house too

But how about Tibet, China?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.