Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

Rottenborn :clap3:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

That was awful :rip:

Throwing the whole #MeToo movement under the bus for no reason, she should be embarrassed

Just now, Assassin said:

I know it's her job, but Camille is the worst kind of human for real

And the world buying into it is :deadbanana:

Just now, suburbannature said:

And the world buying into it is :deadbanana:

It's honestly disheartening and scary the sheep mentality you see online. People would literally throw themselves for this man :rip:

Rottenborn is using the little time he has really well. He's so clear when he speaks.

I hope the jury takes long and hard to deliberate instead of making a quick decision based on Camille's bullshit.

His rebuttal is okay.

HIs closing argument points were much better. However, I will give him credit because he has such limited time. 

Camille was as boring as Elaine and she made 0 points so maybe Rottenborn having only 6 minutes works in his favor :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

It's honestly disheartening and scary the sheep mentality you see online. People would literally throw themselves for this man :rip:

And they male Depp supports are total simps for Camille

His face, the way you can tell he feels no remorse...disgusing trash

He did SO WELL. I can't believe he was able to make so many good points in less than 6 minutes.

Rotternborn :jonny5:

He did a good job in just 6 minutes 

Edited by manuelalex9810

I know it is not the popular opinion here but I still think Camille has done a great job.

But again, I don't see his team winning this case based on the law. Rottenborn should have hit home back on that in his rebuttal cause I don't think defamation was committed by Amber. She attempted to follow the law by having an attorney look at her article which also shows lack of malice. 

Also, I can't with how many people everyday show up outside the court.

Edited by LP54

9 minutes ago, LP54 said:

I know it is not the popular opinion here but I still think Camille has done a great job.

But again, I don't see his team winning this case based on the law. Rottenborn should have hit home back on that in his rebuttal cause I don't think defamation was committed by Amber. She attempted to follow the law by having an attorney look at her article which also shows lack of malice. 

By the standards they’ve been given, it’s clear that Depp has no case; however, there have been many reports that the jury often smiled at Depp. They let one man stay on the jury despite his wife texting him about Heard being insane, so I do feel like fanfare will play a major role. 

6 minutes ago, LP54 said:

that is so embarrassing:deadbanana2:why would you want to be there standing outside

8 minutes ago, LP54 said:

i saw a video of a woman screaming at him that he was the father of her baby :rip:

I haven't been keeping up with this case much, but what is the general consensus around here? I know social medial is very pro Depp, but from the very little that I have seen they were both abusive, so Amber should win?

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

They let one man stay on the jury despite his wife texting him about Heard being insane, so I do feel like fanfare will play a major role. 

It shouldn't. Only what was discussed and presented in court should be taken into account. Otherwise they'll be breaking their oath as jurors. I hope there are at least two people in there that keep everyone in check and make sure they act exactly as the judge instructed.

1 minute ago, NausAllien said:

It shouldn't. Only what was discussed and presented in court should be taken into account. Otherwise they'll be breaking their oath as jurors. I hope there are at least two people in there that keep everyone in check and make sure they act exactly as the judge instructed.

Juror #2 laughed at Depp's inappropriate jokes directed at Rottenborn and smiled often at him. I wonder how objective he'll be. :rip: 

6 minutes ago, monalisaney said:

I haven't been keeping up with this case much, but what is the general consensus around here? I know social medial is very pro Depp, but from the very little that I have seen they were both abusive, so Amber should win?

In order for Johnny to win, you have to believe that:

1. Depp NEVER abused Amber in any way.

2. That Amber wrote that piece deliberately to target Johnny when she never mentioned him by name.

3. That the piece Amber wrote is the reason Depp’s career faltered :rip:

I honestly can’t understand how anyone who has been following the case can believe all three points.

You can have an opinion on who’s the better lawyer and how abusive either was, but regarding the CASE itself, it’s a no brainer.

Edited by Weld_E

Just now, monalisaney said:

I'd estimate the opinions here to be something like:

• 40% Amber was a victim of abuse.
  • 20% Depp was a victim of abuse and Amber is evil.
  • 20% Both of them are trash and "mutually" abusive.
  • 20% *Posts clickbaity video or tiktok* + laughing emoji (adding nothing to the discussion)

The "both" abusive argument is something I thought at first before actually learning what abuse really is and the dynamics of abuse. I don't think now that two people can be mutually abusive in a relationship. And the only person that had the power to be abusive is Depp.

But going back to the facts of the case, there's no way Depp can be successful here because the statements Amber made weren't defamatory. But I don't think she'll win her counterclaim either.

2 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

I'd estimate the opinions here to be something like:

• 40% Amber was a victim of abuse.
  • 20% Depp was a victim of abuse and Amber is evil.
  • 20% Both of them are trash and "mutually" abusive.
  • 20% *Posts clickbaity video or tiktok* + laughing emoji (adding nothing to the discussion)

The "both" abusive argument is something I thought at first before actually learning what abuse really is and the dynamics of abuse. I don't think now that two people can be mutually abusive in a relationship. And the only person that had the power to be abusive is Depp.

But going back to the facts of the case, there's no way Depp can be successful here because the statements Amber made weren't defamatory. But I don't think she'll win her counterclaim either.

rarely post, i mostly read but I do believe she was a victim. :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.