Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

Our society has a long way to go, and it feels like we’re devolving.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

3 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Elaine and ambers legal team in general have received so much ****, but I honestly don’t think they’re that bad. Amber has not been the easiest person to represent imo. 

I truly feel for Elaine tbh. Her saying out loud "im trying" was heartbreaking. I hope her career won't be affected in any way.  And that other lawyer was amazing yesterday. He presented with so much confidence and actually made great analytical and factual evidence. 

11 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

I truly feel for Elaine tbh. Her saying out loud "im trying" was heartbreaking. I hope her career won't be affected in any way.  And that other lawyer was amazing yesterday. He presented with so much confidence and actually made great analytical and factual evidence. 

She was being sarcastic :deadbanana:

Elaine gave us many hilarious moments and I actually grew fond of her lol, she will most likely be fine after this, and the rest of the lawyers too. Camille has a bright future ahead of her.

Depp has truly won the public over, now I find myself checking out his movies and interviews, rooting for him to get his **** together, when I honestly never cared about him before at all. I think he got what he wanted and he'll be more than fine.

As for Amber, well her reputation is really destroyed at the moment but I think y'all are exaggerating when saying she'll never act again.

Edited by Looolqueen

Camille is a mean girl and a bully. There is a special place in hell waiting for her. 

16 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

She was being sarcastic :deadbanana:

Sis :rip:  you're really REACHING with this one . She was struggling for straight up 10 mins when Camille objected every single "question" she asked and all were sustained :rip:

"Sarcastic" didn't know the good sid was a standup comedian :rip:

"But the Amica cream your honour" let's keep it cute sis :rip:

Edited by TouchinFree

6 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Sis :rip:  you're really REACHING with this one . She was struggling for straight up 10 mins when Camille objected every single "question" she asked and all were sustained :rip:

"Sarcastic" didn't know the good sid was a standup comedian :rip:

"But the Amica cream your honour" let's keep it cute sis :rip:

She was getting constant objections and threw in a joke about "trying." She inserted humor on numerous occasions. 

Some of y'all act like you've never had actual human interactions.

Edited by suburbannature

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

She was getting constant objections and threw in a joke about "trying." She inserted humor on numerous occasions. 

Some of y'all act like you've never had actual human interactions.

Umm yea sis, that wasn't a joke:rip:

1 minute ago, Looolqueen said:

Umm yea sis, that wasn't a joke:rip:

She was not actually whining about “trying.”  

It’s typical sardonic Southern humor. She did it throughout the trial.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Elaine is multi-talented. I'd pay good $$ to see her live if she gets her "Amica" vegas residency  :loki:

1 minute ago, TouchinFree said:

Elaine is multi-talented. I'd pay good $$ to see her live if she gets her "Amica" vegas residency  :loki:

You deny that Elaine made small quips throughout the trial?

Tells me you get your information on the trial solely from TikToks and have not been watching.

47 minutes ago, Looolqueen said:

Elaine gave us many hilarious moments and I actually grew fond of her lol, she will most likely be fine after this, and the rest of the lawyers too. Camille has a bright future ahead of her.

Depp has truly won the public over, now I find myself checking out his movies and interviews, rooting for him to get his **** together, when I honestly never cared about him before at all. I think he got what he wanted and he'll be more than fine.

As for Amber, well her reputation is really destroyed at the moment but I think y'all are exaggerating when saying she'll never act again.

Me too. 

I'v always said that Elaine's not as bad as she's being portrayed as. She's been regarded as one of the top 5, top 10 or so lawyers in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area for years. It's just that she is not "showbizzy". But then that's why she's working there and not in LA or New York for example. Her not so slick nature is an asset in the more serous political world where she works. She's likely gonna win this case since the law is on Amber's side even if the evidence is on Depp's side. So I don't believe Elaine will suffer from this in the end.

The problem with Elaine is her client: evil Amber. I get the impression that Amber hates Elaine just as much as any Depp fanatic. They sit next to each other but they might as well have sat at opposite ends of the room. Once again: Amber is the problem wherever she goes.... just as Amber is the problem in the Depp situation. Whoever and whatever Amber touches turns into ruins. This is what is so glaring.

Edited by Raiden

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

You deny that Elaine made small quips throughout the trial?

Tells me you get your information on the trial solely from TikToks and have not been watching.

On a serious note, she did . But not with that bit , she was honestly struggling there because every question she had was vital for objection. She was genuinely struggling there and it wasn't nice to witness even attendees in the background were all holding laughter. Camille was literally waiting for her to finish every sentence so she can object. 

4 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

On a serious note, she did . But not with that bit , she was honestly struggling there because every question she had was vital for objection. She was genuinely struggling there and it wasn't nice to witness even attendees in the background were all holding laughter. Camille was literally waiting for her to finish every sentence so she can object. 

Yeah, she was stressed so she threw in a quip to lighten the moment. It's not difficult to understand.

6 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Me too. 

I'v always said that Elaine's not as bad as she's being portrayed as. She's been regarded as one of the top 5 or top 10 so lawyers in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area for years. It's just that she is not "showbizzy". But then that's why she's working where she's working (and not in New York an LA for example). Her not so slick nature is an asset in the less glamorous world where she works. She's likely gonna win this case since the law is on Amber's side from the beginning. So I don't believe she will suffer from this in the end.

Yeah, I agree with this, this is just too much of a showbiz/ too sophisticated of case for her, also I read that she's between 60 and 70 years old, so she's 1- from a different generation of lawyers and 2- might just be slower to pick up on somethings. 

But no, her problem was not her client, her mind simply did not go fast enough to keep up with such a fast paced and full of details case, that's why most of her stumbles happened when she needed to be quick witted and think fast to respond to an objection for example, however overall she did fine, she just let the ball fall in the closing arguments, she seemed to be very nervous by then, possibly because she had to follow Rotteborn who was doing amazing.

The amount of videos literally omitting half of the trial, inventing facts and overall shitting on Amber and her lawyers :rip:

It's literally scary and crazy, because then people watch it and they literally just believe it. You have women watching and reacting to these literally rooting against Amber, it's so weird, they have this nonsensical hate for her :skull:

17 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

The amount of videos literally omitting half of the trial, inventing facts and overall shitting on Amber and her lawyers :rip:

It's literally scary and crazy, because then people watch it and they literally just believe it. You have women watching and reacting to these literally rooting against Amber, it's so weird, they have this nonsensical hate for her :skull:

Right. The way this trial became a huge global event like its a sporting event or a reality tv show is so scary. :skull: The sad thing about it is its becoming a whole ass agenda and more than just "Depp v Heard" trial or two celeb figures solving an issue imo. Some ***** don't give two fucks about victims of abuse and are just happy to be misogynistic, and I fear the consequences will be huge and devastating for all abuse victims trying to get justice after watching the entire world saying "its make up and all lies". I swear this trial has opened my eyes even more :rip: 

Edited by State of Grace.

Camille is a vile and disgusting lawyer, how can you say that talking about r*ping someone is just a “dark humor”

5 hours ago, FOCK said:

There were reports that the day Amber left the courtroom before the jury was excused, yelling could be heard between Amber and Elaine from a hallway room.

LMAO, now you're making stuff up. There are pictures that show that Amber hugged and thanked her lawyers after the jury was sent for deliberation.

FTysMamWUAMUqkD?format=jpg&name=small

FTydobrXwAMu_cI?format=jpg&name=small

FTyGEcrXsAIf6Oe?format=jpg&name=small

The way some of you just lie, lie and lie to try to vilify a woman... DISGUSTING

15 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Camille is a vile and disgusting lawyer, how can you say that talking about r*ping someone is just a “dark humor”

“He models his writings off of great literature giants” :ahh:Serving Elle Woods!

There is no way she believed that.   Camille fell mostly flat after her crossing with Amber last week. 

3 hours ago, Cloudy said:

The wildest part is that the Depp supporters will tell you a bold face lie and follow it up with “are you even watching the trial?!” 

:deadbanana4:

13 minutes ago, Baby Boy said:

The wildest part is that the Depp supporters will tell you a bold face lie and follow it up with “are you even watching the trial?!” 

:deadbanana4:

And tell how the "whole world" is against this poor shy innocent generous man :deadbanana2:

Psychos

1 hour ago, Nexto said:

This trial was so eye-opening and says a lot about how our society still doesn't take domestic abuse seriously. Like imagine your abuser successfully manipulating the general public into hating you. :mazen: Amber has literally become public enemy #1 and is facing more hate and harassment than any man I’ve ever seen. It's genuinely disturbing. Also the fact that people are consuming misinformation without bothering to fact-check or research is just... worms. At this point, the verdict doesn't matter because Depp already won as far as the public is concerned and it makes me sick. If anything this has me worried for the next time a victim of domestic abuse decides to speak up.

Yes, the fact that there is more hate for Amber than any real male predator like Weinstein, Cosby and Epstein is VERY telling. :biblio: 

Eek I’m probably in the minority but I thought the defence did a better closing argument 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.