Shawn Mendes pens open letter

EnoughSaid

Just now, brraap said:

His biggest mistake is pretending to be this super deep emotional guy who writes about things with substance~ yet he offers absolutely nothing to the table. He had this opportunity to get candid and did everything except that 

He literally said he feels an inability to be completely authentic ("tell his truth") because of what he cares too much of what everyone perceives of him- probably due to all the online harassment he faces. Whether that has anything to do with his sexuality or not, it's saddening that people continue to roast him just for him... being him. Then he closes saying he feels overwhelmed and overstimulated, but he's working through it. 

It's pretty simple as that :michael:   

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brraap

• inmymendes

• rigo

• wehavetostan

1 minute ago, Jooj said:

Where did i say that?

I said it's disrespectful to assume people's sexual orientation, being sexually attracted exclusively to the opposite gender is a sexual orientation too y'know. If he never said he's gay/bi or whatever, we don't have the right to label him because we feel entitled to do so.

Don’t engage, the low IQ is showing 

• ATRL Moderator
51 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

wow, he is 23?!

I’m glad someone else had the same reaction

10 minutes ago, inmymendes said:

Do you ever shut the **** up? Why are you so obsessed? Go worry about Sam Smith and his next flop song that nobody is gonna stream 

And you damn well its still gonna do much better then that travesty your boy just released, regardless SEETHE :jonny5:

36 minutes ago, Tropez said:

You people are obsessed with wanting someone to be gay. It’s creepy online behavior. Seriously wtf. 

It's creepy and unsettling how, despite him already addressing it before and implying how much it affects his mental health, people still insist on making jokes about his sexuality.

2 minutes ago, Yog said:

And you damn well its still gonna do much better then that travesty your boy just released, regardless SEETHE :jonny5:

I doubt it!!! and Don’t worry I’ll post the chart positions every day <3 

Edited by inmymendes

2 minutes ago, rigo said:

Don’t engage, the low IQ is showing 

It's hard to ignore. The gays in here suffer from internalized homophobia so they make a big deal out of a 23 yo sexuality.

i don’t understand his post :rip: 

Just now, inmymendes said:

We’ll see! Don’t worry I’ll post the chart positions 

Sam will prevail in the longevity department…

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

Its true they do. 

I agree they shouldn't speculate on his sexuality anymore tho. Mods should intervene! 

2 minutes ago, Jooj said:

It's hard to ignore. The gays in here suffer from internalized homophobia so they make a big deal out of a 23 yo sexuality.

I feel you. 

Everyone settle down and stream When You're Gone  :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

He literally said he feels an inability to be completely authentic ("tell his truth") because of what he cares too much of what everyone perceives of him- probably due to all the online harassment he faces. Whether that has anything to do with his sexuality or not, it's saddening that people continue to roast him just for him... being him. Then he closes saying he feels overwhelmed and overstimulated, but he's working through it. 

It's pretty simple as that :michael:   

Wait that's quite sad actually. I think he's fallen off and it's obviously affected him. He doesn't know how to process it, yet has to go on world tour for 2 years. Of course he's going to have some sort of a meltdown. If only he didn't attach himself to the sinking Havana girl ship and maybe the gp wouldn't have been so turned off. He risked his steady ascent to the top 5 that he'd built up for years for a quick peak with Senorita, success that he hasn't been able to replicate since. It's going to take its toll 

12 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

I’m glad someone else had the same reaction

why? you thought he was older or younger? 

Too long but literally nothing     

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Everyone settle down and stream When You're Gone  :giraffe:

Streaming so king can order his fries on the side tonight 

72zx.gif

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

wow, he is 23?!

:toofunny3: 

1 hour ago, jakeisphat said:

Well that was very vague and ambiguous... Tell the truth about what exactly? 

He’s just… never been the brightest bulb :skull: 

28 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Nobody is stopping you from living your truth. Not one person. What is he talking about? You’re a grown man.

I knew he had a child-like mentality when he said he was already in love with Camila 5 years before they got together he was just too scared like what? :deadbanana2:

He’s wasting the best years of his life worrying about what other ppl think 

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, iconicyayo said:

why? you thought he was older or younger? 

i thought he was older. I forgot he was only 16 when he started releasing music

41 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Too long but literally nothing     

Hmm... receipts? :siptea:

OT: i read it but he kinda contradicts himself after saying some sentences

Edited by Britney Jean

Everything was said without actually saying it. We been knew :heart: Sometimes it’s best to keep things to yourself. It keeps ppl out of your business 

2 hours ago, Rev8 said:

wow, he is 23?!

what the **** :deadbanana2: the way I had to google to confirm... there's no way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.