Shawn Mendes pens open letter

EnoughSaid

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

I agree with this.

-------‐---------

This shaming of this man is not cute. 

So many of you really ought to be ashamed 

I literally thought u were the same person quoting me as @James_Dean bc you both have Charlie Puth gifs :toofunny3:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brraap

• inmymendes

• rigo

• Into The Void

Thinking Of You
50 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

I knew he had a child-like mentality when he said he was already in love with Camila 5 years before they got together he was just too scared like what? :deadbanana2:

He’s wasting the best years of his life worrying about what other ppl think 

Right!

”I want to be happy but I don’t feel like doing what’s going to make me happy” :skull:

me trying to meet the minimum wordcount requirements on an essay tea :rip: 

Edited by truthteller

11 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Everything was said without actually saying it. We been knew :heart: Sometimes it’s best to keep things to yourself. It keeps ppl out of your business 

This is basically my sentiment.

39 minutes ago, Insanity said:

This isn't even funny its actually cringe

1659618024_giphy(1).gif.0281e6cbd3d081f0

31 minutes ago, inmymendes said:

Why would you post this? Cringe ? 

The only thing more cringe is penning a letter about how scary it is to come out when you’re born in the generation that is overwhelmingly acceptant of it and acting like your situation is hard. 

he made absolutely no points :deadbanana4: all those words to convey nothing at all :bibliahh: 

2 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

For a songwriter, he's not very eloquent :rip: I do feel for him though, this site is a shining example of all the crap he has to deal with.

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have it you?
I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

white guys get away with so much 

He just need to do better music 

That Wonder album was trash & droplets are forgettable :noparty:

Self-tittled album was actually really good 

He sees people like Harry Styles, Troye Sivan or Lil Nas X being so carefree and their authentic self, and I know he feels trapped. His "ex high school quarterback/ dreamy boy next door" image is kinda oppressive. 

Hopefully he finds himself soon.  Live you Cher fantasy, baby. :heart:

What exactly is he trying to say? :rip: There is clearly something on the tip of his tongue that he wants to reveal but he's too scared to open up and is afraid of being judged. I wonder what it could be???  :gaycat5:

He just needs to be true to himself. His music has become so bland and forgettable that it's sad really. It seems as if he has something to say but in the end, says nothing. Just like this note. 

Spoiler

Not him coming out as a 20 something year old lmao

Edited by Mast

He should’ve just come out, maybe that would save his career. 

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

it's saddening that people continue to roast him just for him... being him.

The internet is roasting him precisely for not being him. 

I do genuinely think he needs to be more open and transparent with his audience. He seems unpersonable because he never really says much except how much he loves fans and he’s stressed. Like people want truth, details, personality. Not superficial fake sounding care. And this letter seems like a cheap attempt at trying to help that cause. He said a lot without actually saying much at all. Like yes most of us have anxiety and struggle with growing up. Dig a little deeper and be more honest and intimate like you claim to want to be. Give us details

5 minutes ago, Champagne said:

He looks way older than 23 tbh :rip:

No he doesn't :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mast said:
  Hide contents

Not him coming out as a 20 something year old lmao

He hasn’t come out yet, but even if he did, what’s wrong with coming out in your 20s? There are a lot of reasons that can keep someone from coming out at a younger age

6 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I do genuinely think he needs to be more open and transparent with his audience. He seems unpersonable because he never really says much except how much he loves fans and he’s stressed. Like people want truth, details, personality. Not superficial fake sounding care. And this letter seems like a cheap attempt at trying to help that cause. He said a lot without actually saying much at all. Like yes most of us have anxiety and struggle with growing up. Dig a little deeper and be more honest and intimate like you claim to want to be. Give us details

Basically. Too much Californian guru sh+t. 

I love Britney, but this reads like something she would write on IG, it only lacks the emojis in this one :gaycat6:

He sounds like someone that needs attention but complains about attention seeking :rip: girl if you want help about all that stuff talk to a therapist and stop relying on people’s opinions online, especially being that of a celebrity. History has proven time and time again that celebrities that care about opinions online always end up with a lower mental state of health

Reading the first half... :ahh: 

I feel bad for the guy but he pretty much said nothing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.