Kendrick Lamar - 'Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers'

Devin

A CULTURAL RESET! :jonny3:

He always takes his time but DELIVERY every time!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Speezy

• Martyr Of Fame

• Thinking Of You

4 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

!!!

People are such bandwagoners. Seeing people switch on that album bc of certain opinions was incredibly frustrating. 

It’ll always be a Pulitzer-winning classic :sorry: 

whitney-houston-thank-you.gif

3 hours ago, HausOfGerard said:

better be mixtapes/TPAB/Good Kid quality and less DAMN quality. DAMN is good but "meh" in comparison

I'm a casual Kendrick listener, and DAMN is my most listened album by him. I think it being more commercial (thus more digestable) really helped that appeal. 

3 hours ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

So in May we're getting Jack Harlow, Harry Styles, Kendrick, and allegedly Post albums. Men are winning!

Oh wow so much competition! :eek:

A Pusha T and K. Dot album in 2022. My dreams have come true :clap3:

1 hour ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

!!!

People are such bandwagoners. Seeing people switch on that album bc of certain opinions was incredibly frustrating. 

It’ll always be a Pulitzer-winning classic :sorry: 

As a real KDot stan I didn’t care for it but idk why so many people here coming down on the album. DAMN is one of the albums (+TPAB) that started the bandwagoning. 

2 hours ago, Rider said:

DAMN is not meh :biblio:

Not for his standards either.

Say it, absolutely ridiculous :clap3:

:jonny5: yes king!

About time :foxaylove3:

Not some people in here calling DAMN a “meh” album, i get it if you don’t like it as much as his other projects bc it’s a completely different approach from his previous work, but that album is faaaaar from being “meh” imo. 

Anyways, i’m ready for whatever kendrick gives us, he never disappoints with his releases, does anyone know if we’re getting a song or a couple before the album drops? Or if will get it all at once? This is his last album with TDE right? 

Edited by iammadmat

10 hours ago, Augmented said:

Give us a Little Simz collab please :jonny:

OMG YESSSSS!! Little Simz is so slept on, I'd be so happy to see her brought to the forefront of US listeners. I'm excited for this record!!

BLACK EXCELLENCE is BACK :jonny5:

18 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

There's no way she's winning for that bore :skull:

OT: poor Florence :weeps:

i mean Taylor won with folklbore

24 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

i mean Taylor won with folklbore

folklore actually made sense to win, though - surprise drop, critically & commercially successful, long-lived acclaim. 30 had no 'wow factor', and though it was obviously successful it was DOA (note: 30 =/= EOM)

The biggest thing, though, is that they're not gonna give a second woman her third AOTY just two years after Taylor did it. If Adele had dropped first, roles would probably be reversed where Taylor would be in that position instead.

~

Anyway, though - OT: I am so excited! Kendrick isn't a fave of mine, but it's always an event when he drops. IDK fully his entire discog TBH, but damn you gotta appreciate his talent and dedication. The TPAB instrumentals / aesthetic is just :jonny:

16 hours ago, Augmented said:

Give us a Little Simz collab please :jonny:

Need this to happen :jonny2:

23 hours ago, Devin said:

Not you not wanting him to work with his own cousin. :rip:

Do we need Jay Z on B7 because he's her husband? :giraffe:

I'll be more excited once the music/visuals start to materialise because that album title is not inspiring excitement. None the less, I'm sure he will deliver. Im one of the few people who prefer DAMN over TPAB

Q2 is going to be packing! Harry, Kendrick and Florence getting us of to a strong start

19 minutes ago, Devin said:

So many bandwagoners in here. :clownny:

OT: I wonder if he gonna drop the lead May 6th.

Stop trying to gatekeep one of the biggest rappers of the past 10 years:rip: what makes you different than anyone else in this thread? Let people be excited if they want to be

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.