Anyone from a landlocked country? Have u seen the sea?

Before Today

I live in Italy but I've seen the Mediterranean sea only once or twice, when I was little. Which makes sense considering that I dislike that biome in general and I avoid it like the plague. The Indian Ocean is vastly superior. 

Lush and colorful tropics >>>> dull and depressing shrublands.

Edited by Oceania

I’m from Australia and see the ocean literally everywhere I go. But a lot of our aboriginals have never seen the sea as they live inland and don’t typically travel to the coast - seeing their reaction is so special! 

I have a weird, I guess spiritual longing for being out on the sea and have visions of being out in a vast ocean even though I absolutely never have myself.

TW: self harm

Spoiler

All of those landlocked countries are known to have the world’s highest rates of suicide. 

There must be something about the ocean that every human being just feels the need to experience at least once. 

3 hours ago, xclusivestylesz said:

Does landlocked countries have like lakes/rivers/steams/ponds, etc. Or are they completely devoid of body of waters?

:ahh:

3 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Completely devoid. In those countries people use beer instead of water.

:skull: I forgot ATRL and geography just don't mix

3 hours ago, iammadmat said:

I’m from a landlocked country and yes i have seen the sea many times 

Where do you live sis and how was seeing the sea for the first time? I live in coastal area so I've always wondered what it's like for you guys :dancehall:

Does landlocked countries have like lakes/rivers/steams/ponds, etc. Or are they completely devoid of body of waters?

:ahh:

its not legal to keep more than 12 square feet of water there, so only like a full bath. Anything larger is considered illegal in landlocked countries. 

It’s the opposite for me. My country, Sealand, is sealocked so I haven’t seen the land for a long time.

I see the sea everyday... When I wake up in the morning I get up, then I open my windows and I scream "Good Morning, Pacific Ocean" loudly. My scream can travel in like 3 minutes from the central valleys of Chile to the seashore (where some people that I know live) and then my friend screams Good Morning back!!! :ihype:

Edited by YellowRibbon

I'm from a landlocked country and as a kid my parents took me to the sea for vacations many times. 

I live on an island now but I have only seen the ocean once in my time here :'( I need to go more often, I absolutely love big bodies of water, especially the sea/ocean 

2 hours ago, YellowRibbon said:

I see the sea everyday... When I wake up in the morning I get up, then I open my windows and I scream "Good Morning, Pacific Ocean" loudly. My scream can travel in like 3 minutes from the central valleys of Chile to the seashore (where some people that I know live) and then my friend screams Good Morning back!!! :ihype:

You should greet the Atlantic Ocean as well

6 hours ago, xclusivestylesz said:

:rip: 

3 hours ago, Raspy said:

this thread is suprisingly entertaining nnn

kelly-clarkson.jpg

is the picture supposed to be a shade?

Canada is not landlocked, but I don't live anywhere close to the actual sea. But Lake Ontario is so big it looks like a sea anyways, you can't see the other side.

The first actual sea I saw was the Baltic sea in Poland.

Why are geography threads on atrl always a mess :bibliahh:

10 hours ago, Saljju said:

Where do you live sis and how was seeing the sea for the first time? I live in coastal area so I've always wondered what it's like for you guys :dancehall:

I live in Paraguay and i don't quite remember how it was, because my family and i go on vacations like twice a year for as long as i can remember so it kinda feels very familiar to me, i love the ocean and everytime i see it i do all these activies just to explore a little bit more, not gonna lie the ocean scares me too but something about it's so fascinating, even the people that live near by it are different, they seem to be happier and more friendly, well not in jamaica tho, i was there just two weeks ago and they treated us like garbage, not a lot of latinos go there it seems and they hate people who speaks spanish, i befriended a group of argentinians there and they said the same thing, we got pretty much the same treatment but not the people from the anglosphere.

18 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

It’s the opposite for me. My country, Sealand, is sealocked so I haven’t seen the land for a long time.

Wow! How many citizens are there? Is it run by the British?

On 4/18/2022 at 7:27 AM, xclusivestylesz said:

Nope, landlocked countries are completely devoid of water. It doesn’t even rain in landlocked countries so they have to import massive bottles of water just to keep their trees watered. 

22 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

bye not ******* Sealand :ahh:

sealand_custom-c3c1226eb7cc60c8b7c943d3a

On 4/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, BGXKB said:

I have a weird, I guess spiritual longing for being out on the sea and have visions of being out in a vast ocean even though I absolutely never have myself.

TW: self harm

Hide contents

All of those landlocked countries are known to have the world’s highest rates of suicide. 

There must be something about the ocean that every human being just feels the need to experience at least once. 

I live in a coastal town, and something about the beach/ocean genuinely can't be replicated. I've moved away and lived in areas without water/the coast but I came back both times 

kSGkZwu.gif

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

bye not ******* Sealand :ahh:

sealand_custom-c3c1226eb7cc60c8b7c943d3a

I thought the same thing. :rip:

20 minutes ago, sh0ckw4ves said:

I live in a coastal town, and something about the beach/ocean genuinely can't be replicated. I've moved away and lived in areas without water/the coast but I came back both times 

kSGkZwu.gif

Most of the best places anywhere are by the sea. I think I want to live closer to it again. :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.