J Balvin’s US tour flops; gets postponed

Yellowfever

23 minutes ago, Inverted said:

What are you three talking about? :skull:

He was definitely big and his last arena tour in the US sold well. He's just losing popularity and never was a type of artist that had a dedicated fan base that will support touring.

Someone already said that but if these are the receipts from his last Arena tour then no:hoetenks:

5 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

Define “extremely well”, because he didn’t sell out in 2019 either.

Arcoiris Tour grossed 8.3M in the US from 16 dates (517k average gross). It was good for his standards I guess.

5 hours ago, Armani? said:

That seems extremely low per show for a arena?

You can get nearly 500k for a 6k venue selling around 80$ per ticket.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armani?

• Yellowfever

• Inverted

• Into The Void

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Someone already said that but if these are the receipts from his last Arena tour then no:hoetenks:

I don't know the person got those stats from. There were definitely over 16 US dates and he sold out MSG and the Staples Center. Maybe he underperformed everywhere outside NY and LA. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

I don't know the person got those stats from. There were definitely over 16 US dates and he sold out MSG and the Staples Center. Maybe he underperformed everywhere outside NY and LA. 

Pollstar 

Edited by Yellowfever

4 hours ago, V3$$3L. said:

Oh baby, no

I know it’s not the most accurate indicator for various factors, but Spotify shows he has 50M+ listeners (7th in the world)….he’s def up there as one of the most mainstream latino artists, the top 3 mainstream reggaetón I would say are him, Bad Bunny obvs, and Maluma.

3 minutes ago, Yellowfever said:

Found the 2019 one:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2019/12/Top200NorthAmericanTours_791.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj01L3mpJn3AhVhwTgGHcyOArcQFnoECAUQAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw03b4UXtsnXtDPs7dVQzsgH

Average ticket price was $66 so the gross isn't that bad for 16 arena shows (not sure why they there's only 16, thought they scheduled more shows in North America). 

5 hours ago, WalkAway said:

Maybe if he had Avril as his opening act..

Or Xtina.

Her oligarchs won’t throw any wedding parties in the upcoming months so she should be available.

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Found the 2019 one:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2019/12/Top200NorthAmericanTours_791.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj01L3mpJn3AhVhwTgGHcyOArcQFnoECAUQAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw03b4UXtsnXtDPs7dVQzsgH

Average ticket price was $66 so the gross isn't that bad for 16 arena shows (not sure why they there's only 16, thought they scheduled more shows in North America). 

That's not good. :hoetenks:

And the average attendance per show being less than 8k if he was touring arenas

But ATRL told me he would have the 2nd biggest tour this year after Bad Bunny. :celestial5:

He should’ve had Avril Lavigne and HER as opening acts 

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

Or Xtina.

Her oligarchs won’t throw any wedding parties in the upcoming months so she should be available.

Xtina is busy headlining. But i'm sure Avril would do it. He should call her. 

14 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

Xtina is busy headlining. But i'm sure Avril would do it. He should call her. 

She’s busy headlining what exactly? Some drag queen festival in Spain?

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Found the 2019 one:

Mess I posted the wrong link I’m sorry :gaycat6:

racist, panned, flop. it's what she deserves for inflicting Mi Gente on the world :bunny:

9 hours ago, EriKills said:

I know it’s not the most accurate indicator for various factors, but Spotify shows he has 50M+ listeners (7th in the world)….he’s def up there as one of the most mainstream latino artists, the top 3 mainstream reggaetón I would say are him, Bad Bunny obvs, and Maluma.

Just ahead of Camila Cabello who has 47M+ Spotify listeners and perhaps Camila will announce her own tour soon, but currently she is scheduled to be performing as a support artist to Shawn Mendes and Coldplay.

12 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

Residente truly ended him :bunny2:

I was just thinking about if that whole situation had an effect on J Balvins demand….:dancehall:

I don't know why everyone is surprised that he wants to do an arena tour in the US when he is by far the second/third biggest Latin act in the country right now. :rip:

Even Maluma did a well received tour last year in the US and he is doing sold out shows in Europe and Israel when his last hit single was "Hawaii" almost 2 years ago. :kitty:

He's over, thank god

Edited by Papi Juancho

its not 2015 anymore, hes not IT. his personality doesnt help either, and i think his decline started when he said that thing about rih

This is surprising considering he did an arena tour like in 2018-2019 and sold out his shows. With the recent scandals he has been (the one with Residente too), it's really not. It just shows that he just burned too many bridges with people which reflects upon sales. Unfortunately this is common with artists who don't really care about their image and harm communities without even thinking it. I mean Yuri couldn't even sell her tickets in her own country which is why she's postponing it. But we know that she is homophobic. I mean most artists just say that instead of saying it didn't sell because they don't want to look bad. 

On 4/16/2022 at 9:17 AM, Alongoria13 said:

Residente truly ended him :bunny2:

& we love to see it. Karma always bites back harder :clap3:

Has he had a career since Madonna licked his toes?

12 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Has he had a career since Madonna licked his toes?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.