Lorde shushing her own fans goes viral

Ribs

People acting like this isn't an old ass clip :deadbanana2: Lowkey iconic if you ask me 

Oh that's old. 

She clearly can't afford to lose her 3 remaining fans

1 hour ago, Everyperfectsummer said:

This clip is from 2017

exactly, back in 2017 no one cared now they’re looking for an excuse to drag her. 

Tragic vocals sis

The way it actually sounded nice before she stopped them. :toofunny2:

it makes me sad she’s getting dragged for this because she’s truly become such an amazing live performer, I saw her last night and was blown away 

also wasn’t she like 20 when this happened? y’all need to give her a break 

On 4/15/2022 at 6:55 AM, Kimi said:

lorde always sucked live but ever since solar power she’s so disrespected lmao. she literally went from most respected pop girl to laughing stock. L4 needs to be excellent or she will be over.

She is a great live performer, which is why she was picked to perform with the surviving members of Nirvana at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2014 and that is why she was picked to do the David Bowie tribute performance at the BRIT awards in 2016.

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

She is a great live performer, which is why she was picked to perform with the surviving members of Nirvana at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2014 and that is why she was picked to do the David Bowie tribute performance at the BRIT awards in 2016.

she was picked cause she was hot indie pop girl

14 minutes ago, Kimi said:

she was picked cause she was hot indie pop girl

Picked due to talent of course, also for the Bowie tribute in 2016, she hadn't really released or toured for a couple of years.

She was mostly out of the public eye, starting to work on Melodrama and moving into her new house. Think she did one performance supporting Disclosure in 2015 and not much in 2016 either - I'm pretty sure hot indie pop girls are meant to be in the public eye. It seems that she was the choice of David's family and management.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/mar/22/david-bowie-lorde-future-of-music

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowies-love-lorde-saw-7455031

Lorde, 19, was the vocalist they wanted - a decision influenced by Bowie’s closest confidantes.

For the Nirvana performance, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic had already met her at least once, a couple of months earlier at the 2014 Grammys, so it wasn't like they assigned a random indie girl to do the show.

• ATRL Moderator

The way Writer In The Dark has randomly been unearthed and become a meme 5 years later, TikTok is wild :dies: 

I remember seeing that performance at the time and thinking it was super emotional and gorgeous but the compilations are killing me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.