JLo's HALFTIME | Netflix Documentary | Available now!

Mokichi

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Yudelkis

• SavagePapi

• DanceAgain

Is it about the BTS of her Superbowl show or do they do a recap of her career as a whole?

Because now mister DJ

3onY.gif

I've asked you three times

3onY.gif

PLAY MY MOTHERFUCKIN SONG

3onY.gif

5 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Is it about the BTS of her Superbowl show or do they do a recap of her career as a whole?

Both, it's very interesting. It's different than all that you can saw on MTV Behind The Music / VH1 old documentary etc.

You will see her without make up, crying, being nervous and more.

I learned a lot about how you do an Oscar campaign. 

I was expecting to see the Motown Tribute, that's my only dissapointment : @DRPapi809 @SavagePapi @insomniac

Edited by Yudelkis

Just now, Yudelkis said:

Both, it's very interesting. It's different than all that you can saw on MTV Behind The Music / VH1 old documentary etc.

You will see her without make up, crying, being nervous and more.

I learned a lot about how you do an Oscar campaign. 

I was expecting to see the Motown Tribute, that's my only dissapointment : @DRPapi809 @SavagePapi @insomniac

Thank you for replying - I will defo be checking this out tonight.

9 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

I saw some fans mention that, but I rather she skip that portion. It was right before she turned 50 anyway. Anything after makes more sense because it was "50" that made the turning point in her career.

Does the doc mention the "It's My Party" tour?

56 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

And JLo fans were worried about something she didn't said to Shakira, WTF. :toofunny3:

Capture-d-cran-2022-06-14-16-34-44.png

I was waiting for that comment the whole documentary, and I didn't heard it cause it was a lie. @Onthe6 @DRPapi809

She deserve flowers. 

:gaylocat1:

Are you kidding me as much as I love my girl was looking forward for the shade from JLo - lmfao and the “well I wasn’t born here” from Shakira. Definitely watching after work. Can’t wait. 

6 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Are you kidding me as much as I love my girl was looking forward for the shade from JLo - lmfao and the “well I wasn’t born here” from Shakira. Definitely watching after work. Can’t wait. 

:fan:

Enjoy and I'm waiting for your review, you and @vuelve88 are the best Shakira fans here, fun and smart.

It's make me laugh when Shakira said to Jennifer on the phone, 12 minutes together ? She really thought it was 12 minutes of performing together and not 6 minutes for each.

Maybe Shakira thought it was 12 minutes for performing together than 4 minutes for her only and 4 minutes for Jennifer only. So 20 minutes, I hate NFL. :rip:

38 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Does the doc mention the "It's My Party" tour?

Yep they said it was sold out, when she was on Jimmy Fallon but they didn't show some footage from it.

17 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Yep they said it was sold out, when she was on Jimmy Fallon but they didn't show some footage from it.

Thanks, boo! I'll watch it tonight! :heart2:

jennifer-lopez-jlo.gif

She is so intimidating actually. I was scared for her dancers during the rehearsal scene  :rip:

1 minute ago, hardbrit said:

She is so intimidating actually. I was scared for her dancers during the rehearsal scene  :rip:

I think she was just trying to teach them something with lots of passion behind it. I don’t think she was intimidating but just a perfectionist wanting to make the whole crew better.

4 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

Don't forget she was a former dancer so she knows better than us how they feels.

But I do agree that we miss some empathy for them, so few moments between her and the dancers.

By the way Rosie Perez was so intimidating with her, remember :

Gurl with the blue pant....Jennifah !

6 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Don't forget she was a former dancer so she knows better than us how they feels.

But I do agree that we miss some empathy for them, so few moments between her and the dancers.

By the way Rosie Perez was so intimidating with her, remember :

Gurl with the blue pant....Jennifah !

It literally reminded me of this :deadbanana2:

Loved the documentary! JLo works harder than anyone else in the business

17 minutes ago, hahayo said:

this was a little too much “poor me nobody gives me awards” for my liking. 

Well its true. Shes very talented and rarely gets her accolades

5 minutes ago, hahayo said:

this was a little too much “poor me nobody gives me awards” for my liking. 

At first maybe, but she understood that she don't do this for an award. 

That's the meaning of learning about herself in the doc.

4 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

2 minutes ago, insomniac said:

I think she was just trying to teach them something with lots of passion behind it. I don’t think she was intimidating but just a perfectionist wanting to make the whole crew better.

She does this alot but in a good way. From what I read from dancers over the years, they have the upmost respect for her work ethic because she'll be the first one at rehearsals, and be the last one to leave. That is pushes them to work harder.

She'll do it 500x if she has to. I remember a dancer saying she would say along the likes of, "you can leave if you want to, but I'll be here until early morning until we get it right". They would stay lol. 

Just goes to show the level of love, passion, and committment she has for her work. Not every artist can say the same.

The way people assumed the clip of Jennifer crying was because she didn't get the Oscar nomination 

:toofunny3:

She was crying because one of the reviews said about her been criminally underrated & underdog.

They tried though 

The way people are running with the JLo didn't want to share the stage with Shakira...

That wasn't the case what so ever :toofunny3: 

Jennifer was pissed off that two Latina's have to share the stage when usually they only have one main performer and that it seemed unfair that they had share the stage when either one of them should of been giving the opportunity to headline solo! 

Basically they should of Let Shakira headline alone and let her pick her own guest's and same for her.

It wasn't a diss at all she basically said Shakira deserved to do headline on her own, and same for her, Which we all agreed.

This whole documentary shows how much people always say **** about her no matter what she does.

I'm loving it 

Edited by DanceAgain

She really works harder then anyone else in the game, even Shakira says she shouldn't know how she does it

11 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

Seated to watch :foxaylove3:

Have fun bb. :heart:

5 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

She really works harder then anyone else in the game, even Shakira says she shouldn't know how she does it

Yeah I thought it was pretty cool when Shakira said “I don’t know how you do it”.

12 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

Seated to watch :foxaylove3:

Since you are a lamb, I can't wait to read your honest review.

Don't disappoint us, show us that we are wrong about lambs. :gaycat4:

In a nutshell:

She doesn't cry because she didn't get a Oscar nomination infact they don't show her finding out she wasn't nominated, She cried when reading a review that said she was criminally underrated and she's a underdog.

She wasn't p!ssed of that she had to share the stage with Shakira at all she was p!ssed of that they finally get a Latina to headline but make them both share the stage, when EITHER one of them should of been allowed to headline on there own & pick there own guest's and basically it was slap in the face to both of them who had to cram in basically 20+ years of there discography in 5-6 mins, and seemed it was kinda unfair that they was given only half the time for there set compared to other headliners in the past! Jen did however managed to get them a extra 3-4 mins then what they was initially given.

They was absolutely 0 shade towards Shakira or any bitterness between both ladies, it mentioned Shakira was unhappy with the born the USA as she wasn't born in the US, but it wasn't bitchy or anything negative! It was all love and positive! Shakira was just as involved as much as Jennifer! They even showed a cute little telephone call between the two Jennifer had just woke up after a late night shoot were Shakira says she honestly doesn't know how she does it.

The whole thing was amazing and shows you that Jennifer really works her @ss off and really does what she does because it's important to her, and know matter what she does people always talk **** about her, and that people focus on the unimportant things in her career (her body, her love life) and it always overshadowed the amazing things she achieving and the incredible success she was having! 

Also the bit were Ben Affleck says doesn't all this bother you (people been nasty and cruel talking **** about her) and he said "she says she's a Latina she expected it". :'(

It ends with 

Jennifer Lopez has:

Sold over 80 million records worldwide, has over 15 billion music streams, has over 3 billion film gross, has over 350 million Social media followers and has 5 billion dollars in consumer sales.

Edited by DanceAgain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.