RuPaul's Drag Race UK vs The World | S2 | Out now!

Hephaestus

As a cis woman sure Snooze has the right to be mad about the term "fishy" but berating and putting down a queen of color for using the term especially when in her own culture that is not an issue is disgusting. Truly a white Karen. And for several seasons it has shown that "fishy" is nowhere near a term that puts down woman for their body parts but something that uplifts those queens using it that are more likely than not trans femme in showing them expressing their femininity.

It's truly just another topic of the "woke" wanting to be offended by something that was never offensive in the first place :rip:  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

Let me rewatch that lipsynch where Krystal DEVOURED Victoria.

Nah, Vic ONLY has an issue when the actual girls in question are prettier than she is perceived as a woman because of their natural femininity.

She would NOT be pressed at Silkyl calling herself fishy, it was ONLY at Stephanie and Krystal, who are both, well fishy af.

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Nah, Vic ONLY has an issue when the actual girls in question are prettier than she is perceived as a woman because of their natural femininity.

She would NOT be pressed at Silkyl calling herself fishy, it was ONLY at Stephanie and Krystal, who are both, well fishy af.

Weird thinking here.

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

7 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

Oh please. Some users here really thinking they have some secret underground knowledge because they watched Dragula S3. We’ve all watched it too :rip:

In that Hallow clip, they specifically targeted down Priscilla (who is a trans woman) for saying she aims to look fish in her drag. When I think about the queens who have revelled in “fishiness” in the past there’s a pretty obvious throughline; Gia, Laganja, Carmen etc etc. Being “fish” is clearly a celebration of femininity for people who were denied it for almost all of their life.

The fact of it is that most of the queens who have self described as fish in the past are trans femme. Whether or not you like to accept it, the fish topic has nuance that isn’t simply “misogynist gays making fun of vaginas”.

Since the word has a misogynist etymology then it is reasonable to just stop using the term. There are plenty of words out there to use instead. But in the same way Victoria’s commented negatively about breast plates, it borders on gatekeeping how non-AFAB femme people/queens are able to “feel their oats”, as it were. We’ll see if the discourse eventually moves to the words “p*ssy” or c*nt”.

The critical thinking skills jumped out :clap3:

I think we should retire the term 'fishy' anyway. It's cringe.

I think we have bigger things to worry about than the term "fishy". 

I can't stand Victoria, send her ass home.

I don’t care, Victoria is annoying me this season. And don’t come at me with the “listen to women” bs, it was a stupid thing to make an issue out of. It’s just a total non issue, how can you be upset about a term just because it references genitalia :rip: I’m as far left as they come but she’s just giving “holier than thou” energy to me and I fail to truly believe she sat there feeling upset that someone used the word fish. 

Drag Race needs a major shake up. Maybe it’s the over saturation of the series but things just feel super repetitive and predictable plus the fact there has been minimal drama on seasons over the past few years. It feels almost like a PG13 version of what it used to be 

It makes me really sad Anita is flopping this season. She did amazing for the short time she was on her season and was unjustly eliminated. I know she must be really upset about her performance as well because she was always so excited about sharing her drag with more people.

11 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

exactly 

1 hour ago, brooklyndaddy said:

It makes me really sad Anita is flopping this season. She did amazing for the short time she was on her season and was unjustly eliminated. I know she must be really upset about her performance as well because she was always so excited about sharing her drag with more people.

Oh my God, mte. 

So men should get angry about people using the term ‘dick’ to describe a stupid person? 

18 hours ago, Desire said:

As a cis woman sure Snooze has the right to be mad about the term "fishy" but berating and putting down a queen of color for using the term especially when in her own culture that is not an issue is disgusting. Truly a white Karen. And for several seasons it has shown that "fishy" is nowhere near a term that puts down woman for their body parts but something that uplifts those queens using it that are more likely than not trans femme in showing them expressing their femininity.

It's truly just another topic of the "woke" wanting to be offended by something that was never offensive in the first place :rip:  

Saying a word bothers her is berating and putting Stephanie down now? The same Stephanie that was not offended and was spotted kii kiing with Victoria in the background of the rest of the episode? :rip: The way you have to make things up to try to prove any point is a kiii

Not surprising to hear this come from yet another poster unironically using woke negatively, a term youre misappropriating and misusing from black people to begin with. Another MAGA Qanon Republican disguised as a gay man I fear. 

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Saying a word bothers her is berating and putting Stephanie down now? The same Stephanie that was not offended and was spotted kii kiing with Victoria in the background of the rest of the episode? :rip: The way you have to make things up to try to prove any point is a kiii

Not surprising to hear this come from yet another poster unironically using woke negatively, a term youre misappropriating and misusing from black people to begin with. Another MAGA Qanon Republican disguised as a gay man I fear. 

The way you're simping for Vic Snooze though.

I mean I get where she’s coming from cause gay men are misogynistic af at times and I’m sure since she’s in mostly gay spaces she’s experienced a lot of misogyny…but I don’t fully agree that it’s a negative term 

but also I don’t do drag and I don’t have a ****** so I honestly don’t care that much about this drama as I don’t have a say in it 

glad Stephanie is gone and now we need Victoria next tho

On 11/26/2022 at 10:18 PM, Relampago. said:

I agree that Victoria should have the space to speak up about issues, but at the same time, some things are said in jest and many things can offend many people (including her catcalling other female judges :skull:) but there’s something off about her aura of superiority and holier than thou, self righteous attitude.

Why is she always addressing the queens who are the most vulnerable? Stephanie being the only Asian girl and Krystal being the youngest contestant on her season. She can make her points without being a complete charisma black hole and wet blanket but she probably gets a kick out of the condescension so :michael: If only her talents were as big as her ego.

Thank goodness for Iconsis, Rajallah, Big Silk and Vanislay. I would abandon this season having to listen to Vomitoria lecture and watching ROTa make ~~funny faces~~ every episode. 

The way you spilled about everything omg :jonny: 

Victoria is awful. Not even talking about the fish lecturing, she’s just so boring :rip: 

Can someone explain to me how Stephanie was even cast? Like I dont get it she came in 10th place on her season and seemed unmemorable! 

Edited by mindbender

5 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I know damn well the user that spoiled the all winners season (which I was actually rooting for Monet to win from the start) trying to come for me when you are probably the most unhinged out of all us posters on this sub. Now that's the real kiii :bibliahh:

And yes she was berating and putting Stephanie down with the way she delivered it :cm: I'm allowed to feel like she did anyway especially with how Asian queens in general are treated in this franchise, we don't need it from other queens as well. 

• ATRL Moderator

:foxaylove3:

In my last post on the subject, I just want to make it clear to you weird **** that you are blowing back very hard on a term that shouldn’t even matter to you. You will NEVER be “fishy” :thing:

Can’t wait for Vicky to SLAY next week :heart:

Edited by Rigalo

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

What’s the tea

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Eve 6000, as always, inserting herself in conversations :skull:

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

This dull, attention seeking hoe just HAD to chime in.

Huh. Didn't expect to see how polarizing Victoria's comment would be. I kinda agreed with her, there's definitely a point with how damaging saying "looking fishy" can be to the trans community. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.