RuPaul's Drag Race UK vs The World | S2 | Out now!

Hephaestus

silky was never funny she wasnt better than Anita at all she is just a loud ***** why she thinks she was better than her:rip:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

1 minute ago, loveisdead9582 said:

So… what’s the verdict for n the reading challenge?

Is reading not quite meant for an international all stars due to regional humor? Were they just not funny? Or was it a combination of the two? Zaddy Justin Trudeau was a welcome guest appearance. 

I think the judging was pretty accurate this episode. Stephanie deserved to go home. I’m sure Brooke was a little disappointed that the first two girls to go home were Canadian queens but… meh. 

They didn't have enough time to get to know each other.

3 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

No idea if this video is you advertising yourself, but the only Drag youtuber to bother with is Legendina Godina

200.gif

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

No amount of virtue signaling from ATRLers is gonna make me like Vicsnoria Snooze. 

And especially not from ones who think it’s okay to make fun of drug addiction just cause someone is a popular white queen. :mandown: The way people just want to defend the “woke” ones rather than be consistent and objective, cause a lot of y’all are more nasty to certain demographics. At least I’m just nasty to the ones I don’t like period. Don’t care who or what you are. And I don’t like Scorned at all.

OH MY GOD :jonny4:

Every time Ra'Jah is on screen I just have to scream mother. 
Icesis is a legend. Drag caliber on 100 and she was killing me with her comments this episode. When she was like "you're not funny Stephanie" :rip: 

Can Victoria Scone just go already? Her drag all looks the same.

• ATRL Moderator

regardless of whether you like victoria or not, she was correct to speak up and right in everything she said. consider why you're offended by a queer woman speaking up on a problematic term and immediately resorting to making it a her issue rather than listening to what she's saying and learning from it

ball has to be another icesis/ra'jah win right?

• rita bottomed the ball
  • silky has been safe/low for every ball/design challenge she's participated in
  • anita was eliminated on a design challenge
  • vanity bottomed the design challenge and the ball
  • victoria is a wild card but i struggle to see her being a better seamstress than icesis or ra'jah

icesis and ra'jah are thee frontrunners. crown ra'jah now!

it is still weird to see icesis compete here. i mean i would count this as AS but the cast is not that stacked like AS3 with bebe.

icesis's eating this up easily that it's getting boring. we need heavy hitter queens to race against with her.

4 hours ago, ucanfma said:

silky was never funny she wasnt better than Anita at all she is just a loud ***** why she thinks she was better than her:rip:

The twerking and when she brought up the flute moment were funny even if the rest of her act wasn't tbh

I know that the girls who drag Traci weekly for existing and doing her job are not trying to call people misogynistic. Some people don’t want to see grandstanding (and yes, Victoria lecturing Krystal about making a joke during a reading challenge is exactly that) every time a contestant is cast. This is not an isolated incident.

ATRL can be a cesspool but numerous issues have been discussed on the show, both by women and men, and most people don’t ever have anything negative to say about it. I don’t care about the content of what Victoria is saying, she could be talking about ending climate change, reciting the Communist Manifesto or a ****ing scone recipe and I still would be annoyed by her tone, demeanor and air of superiority.

Not everything is misogyny and I don’t even think anyone in this thread invalidated what she was saying (don’t quote me on that, just the general vibe I’ve seen). People are just not impressed by her brand of white woman feminism and being pressed over non-issues like Krystal reading in a reading challenge.

And just as people already called out, Vic has already been pushing other misogynistic practices and even made smelly *** jokes during her snatch game. Was it a challenge and was she playing her character? Sure. Is she more entitled to do so as a AFAB woman? Sure. But so was Krystal when she was reading in a reading challenge, but it didn’t matter then. Viletoria just gets away with things because people think being the only AFAB woman casted absolves you from all dislike that gay men could have. But I promise, Vic will be forgotten as soon as she’s OUT of this season cause people don’t actually care about supporting women, but rather scoring some points on the Internet when no one is even criticizing the point she is making. 

4 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

regardless of whether you like victoria or not, she was correct to speak up and right in everything she said. consider why you're offended by a queer woman speaking up on a problematic term and immediately resorting to making it a her issue rather than listening to what she's saying and learning from it

Like… some of y’all are just reveling in being wrong :rip: :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

What an awful episode :ahh: An all-time bad reading challenge followed by an all-time bad Snatch Game. Icesis was the only good one. US14 is redeemed.

Icesis probably should have waited for All Winners 3 (I assume they'd get Pri for AW2); I'm not sure if they'll cast her on a third season after she won her first and is clearly going to be top 3 on this one, but we'll see.

Even though the mini and main challenge were horrendous, I still enjoyed the rest of the episode :michael:

And for the record, I find the fish controversy dull, but I think that comes from the fact that I work in queer/gender studies for a living and approach the topic from a theoretical angle that probably would sound pretentious on ATRL :toofunny3: Victoria's complaint is valid, but it's also wildly simplistic and I wish she would consider language evolution and the politics of disidentification rather than offering the most banal critique of its use.

The lack of mental comprehention to think anyone is tryng to get you to like Victoria Scone :rip: I don't care for her myself nor is she even in my top 4 of a 9 person cast.

Saying that what a woman is saying about a term used to negatively describe her body part by people without said body part is valid and that tone-policing her is typical atrl garbage does not equate to getting, wanting or even caring if you like her. And certainly not you using woke unironically to top it all off! It's giving red state Qanon Republican I fear. 

Back to what the ahead of their time Dragula Icon Hollow Eve said about fishy and not liking a woman's tone cause she reminds you of your mother >>>

https://youtu.be/iCwZAvS08OQ

She would have had y’all in tears the way ur upset that Vic’s delivery + tone “wasn’t the best” when asking people to not compare themselves to the smell of a ****** :skull: 

2 hours ago, Terrielle said:

Victoria is a total white KAREN, don't quote me

Quoting you for spilling hot tea. Sorry luv! :sistrens:

The way girls are still talking about “this show did it first! stupid idiots not with the times!!!” just shows how insincere some of y’all are about these issues. It’s all about being first and ahead of the curve, not about actually advocating for what Stale Scone is saying.

And this doesn’t apply to girls making points about agreeing and validating Torya’s statement, which is really mundane and simplistic as was pointed out already. Not to mention the complete ignoring of her pedaling misogyny herself. The cracks are showing :coffee:

47 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

She would have had y’all in tears the way ur upset that Vic’s delivery + tone “wasn’t the best” when asking people to not compare themselves to the smell of a ****** :skull: 

Humpty Dumpty ain't scaring nobody, she's the one having a breakdown over a stupid ass WORD

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

But I promise, Vic will be forgotten as soon as she’s OUT of this season cause people don’t actually care about supporting women, but rather scoring some points on the Internet when no one is even criticizing the point she is making. 

25 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The way girls are still talking about “this show did it first! stupid idiots not with the times!!!” just shows how insincere some of y’all are about these issues. It’s all about being first and ahead of the curve, not about actually advocating for what Stale Scone is saying.

You better call ? those ? fake ? b*tches ?out!

50 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

This is the Dragula icon y'all were talking about? Nobody moved :skull:

1 hour ago, Rigalo said:

Pls, Hollow Eve was completely insufferable in Dragula, no one cares about her meltdowns.

Anyways, Icisis and Rajah slayed and deserved the win. Can't wait to see them win next week as well and also lip sync for the crown at the end.

3 hours ago, Terrielle said:

Victoria is a total white KAREN, don't quote me

Basically. There is definitely misogyny in the gay world, but the fact is she has been dragging queer and trans drag queens for awhile now on Twitter without acknowledging she is a white woman with privilege.

Icesis slayed, and this lip synce was great!

2 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Oh please. Some users here really thinking they have some secret underground knowledge because they watched Dragula S3. We’ve all watched it too :rip:

In that Hallow clip, they specifically targeted down Priscilla (who is a trans woman) for saying she aims to look fish in her drag. When I think about the queens who have revelled in “fishiness” in the past there’s a pretty obvious throughline; Gia, Laganja, Carmen etc etc. Being “fish” is clearly a celebration of femininity for people who were denied it for almost all of their life.

The fact of it is that most of the queens who have self described as fish in the past are trans femme. Whether or not you like to accept it, the fish topic has nuance that isn’t simply “misogynist gays making fun of vaginas”.

Since the word has a misogynist etymology then it is reasonable to just stop using the term. There are plenty of words out there to use instead. But in the same way Victoria’s commented negatively about breast plates, it borders on gatekeeping how non-AFAB femme people/queens are able to “feel their oats”, as it were. We’ll see if the discourse eventually moves to the words “p*ssy” or c*nt”.

Edited by Both Sides Now

6 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Back to what the ahead of their time Dragula Icon Hollow Eve said about fishy and not liking a woman's tone cause she reminds you of your mother >>>

***** the taste... STAN Hollow Evesus, im still on suicide watch she cut ties with dragula I woulda loved to see her on Titans

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.