🏋️‍♂️ Fitness Thread 🏋️‍♂️do u even lift bro?

Cesar

i feel like i’ve seen this thread a couple times, but i can’t find it. so i’ll just start a new one.

hey fitness gays, girls and they

i’ve lowkey been obsessed with working out. i started in march, going 5 days a week. then last month I started going 6 days a week once I started seeing some slight progress.

since the beginning i’ve been making protein shakes, and as of today i started creatine. if you’ve taken it before, how much more did you progress?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlanRickman1946

• Kern

• khalyan

• Cesar

@reymiufrom the "Straight Hunk Stan Britney Everytime" quoted me. I can't see what they posted now but I think I asked how that guy got such a narrow waist despite having large shoulders.

I got pain in my left elbow, it looks like I was doing wrong excercises. Thankfully it's very mild so I hope it can go away in few days. I'll have to be more careful in the gym and use lighter weights after Easter holiday is over

i wish they didnt reset the thread :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

Anyone use dedicated routines they could post? Like individual workouts, sets, reps, daily schedules? I've been using this strength training program I found online for about two months but I know it's important to switch things up and was wondering if anyone had some routines the've been finding some success in 

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

Anyone use dedicated routines they could post? Like individual workouts, sets, reps, daily schedules? I've been using this strength training program I found online for about two months but I know it's important to switch things up and was wondering if anyone had some routines the've been finding some success in 

I do PPL

Push routine:

Incline dumbbell press: 3 sets 8-12 reps 

Incline press machine: 3 sets 8-12 reps 

Plate loaded chest press: 3 sets 8-12 reps

High Cable fly: 3 sets 8-12 reps

Tricep straight bar push down: 3 sets 8-12 reps

Cable tricep extension: 3 sets 8-12 reps

Tricep cable push down: 3 sets 8-12 reps

Pull routine:

Pull-ups- 4 sets 8-12 reps

Isolated lat hammer machine- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Lat pull down- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Bent over rear dealt cable extension- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Cable row- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Seated hammer curls- 3 sets 8-12 reps

cable curls superset w/ Reverse ez bar curls 3 sets each 8/12 reps

Legs/ shoulders:

Squat or leg press- 4 sets 8-12 reps

Hex Bar Deadlift- 3 sets 8-12 reps 

Barbell Hip Thrust- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Hamstring curls machine- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Shoulder press machine - 3 sets 8-12 reps

side delt dumbbells- 3 sets 8-12 reps

calves press machine-3 sets 8-12 reps

With a PPL routine you workout 6 days a week. Also don’t switch it up too often. Focus on getting stronger and consistent on a routine that works for you.  Muscle confusion is not a thing. I also do cardio 5 days a week after strength training.

Ive been doing this routine for 2 years and have had made a lot of progress. Just make sure to warm up and stretch afterwards. Also you can substitute any of these for something easier if you can’t do a certain exercise yet like pull ups  you can do assisted pull ups.

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I do PPL

Push routine:

Pull routine:

Legs/ shoulders:

With a PPL routine you workout 6 days a week. Also don’t switch it up too often. Focus on getting stronger and consistent on a routine that works for you.  Muscle confusion is not a thing. I also do cardio 5 days a week after strength training.

Ive been doing this routine for 2 years and have had made a lot of progress. Just make sure to warm up and stretch afterwards. Also you can substitute any of these for something easier if you can’t do a certain exercise yet like pull ups  you can do assisted pull ups.

Thank you so much for posting this, seriously!! 

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I do PPL

Push routine:

Pull routine:

Legs/ shoulders:

I've been doing some version of cardio about 6/7 days a week (a lot of the time it's an outdoor walk that's no less than 3 miles and maximum 4.25). I used to be a big distance runner but lately my lower back has been hurting quite a lot once I start running which has deterred from doing it (walking is typically fine though). 

So, if you're working out six days a week do you do each routine twice a week? Or just once all the way through and do other sorts of workouts for the other three days? 

3 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I've been doing some version of cardio about 6/7 days a week (a lot of the time it's an outdoor walk that's no less than 3 miles and maximum 4.25). I used to be a big distance runner but lately my lower back has been hurting quite a lot once I start running which has deterred from doing it (walking is typically fine though). 

So, if you're working out six days a week do you do each routine twice a week? Or just once all the way through and do other sorts of workouts for the other three days? 

Yes I do it twice a week. Sometimes take rest day in the middle of the week or at the end. Just depends on how my body feels. 

Also since you have some lower back pain maybe invest in a weight lifting belt just to protect your back on some exercises like deadlift and squat. I use a belt and wrist straps because I want to do this for a long time so just be aware of your body and try to get your form down if you are planning on weightlifting.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, suneclipse121 said:

Yes I do it twice a week. Sometimes take rest day in the middle of the week or at the end. Just depends on how my body feels. 

Also since you have some lower back pain maybe invest in a weight lifting belt just to protect your back on some exercises like deadlift and squat. I use a belt and wrist straps because I want to do this for a long time so just be aware of your body and try to get your form down if you are planning on weightlifting.

Gotcha, thank you again for your help and advice! 

BH6brPl.jpg

my body as of last week, i've come so far from when i started a little bit over a year ago 

just found out that yet another friend did a cycle last august, steroid use is so damn common :rip: 

a SARM does kinda tempt me tho :shutup:

2 hours ago, Goaty said:

just found out that yet another friend did a cycle last august, steroid use is so damn common :rip: 

a SARM does kinda tempt me tho :shutup:

A cycle of what?

Wasn't Britney caught using Zantrex-3 diet pills when it fell out of her handbag?

Has anyone ever tried it or tried products with similar ingredients?

Edited by AlanRickman1946

so gals what kind of preworkout (if any) do you all use? I've been loving this stuff

On 4/28/2022 at 6:50 PM, Caesar said:

BH6brPl.jpg

my body as of last week, i've come so far from when i started a little bit over a year ago 

the vascularity and definition :clap3:we love to see it

Am I deluding myself or are my muscles bigger the day after a rest day?  

I feel like rest days are important for allowing your muscles to repair. But that's not possible since I aim to exercise 5 days a week.

I enjoy my workouts more when I workout every other day, as I don't battle the previous day's aches and pains. 

How many rest days do you give yourself?

On 4/29/2022 at 3:50 AM, Caesar said:

BH6brPl.jpg

What do you eat?

Like how much meals a day do you take and how much Whey protein do you take?

On 4/25/2022 at 6:54 PM, suneclipse121 said:

I do PPL

Push routine:

Pull routine:

Legs/ shoulders:

how do you find the time and motivation

5 hours ago, getinthezone said:

It is hard there is no doubt about it. It really comes down to discipline and how much you really want it. For me I wanted to look and feel my best. I was really skinny before starting and it was not an easy transition for me as someone who has never really trained before. But once you and the people closest to you see the changes in your physique you don't want to stop. You have to make it a priority, I do work from home full time so it easier for me than someone doing a labor intensive job and I am lucky in that regard. But you also have to schedule things to make sure you have balance for your fitness goals and making time for family, friends and, other hobbies. It's not easy but it really comes down to you and how badly you want it! People always make time for the things they care about and my health is one of the things on the top of my list.

12 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

What do you eat?

Like how much meals a day do you take and how much Whey protein do you take?

i have 3 meals, i always try to consume atleast 200g of protein everyday. if i know my meals werent protein heavy i consume 2 protein shakes within that day

On 4/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, Goaty said:

so gals what kind of preworkout (if any) do you all use? I've been loving this stuff

the vascularity and definition :clap3:we love to see it

its been such long road but it was worth it in the end, i want to see how far i can go :jonnycat:

i use hyde pre workout, it’s been my fave for about 6 months now

10 hours ago, getinthezone said:

honestly i really feel like you have to build up to a constant routine, if you try to go into a routine like that straight out the bat your going to hate it. you have to really ease yourself into it

8 hours ago, Caesar said:

i have 3 meals, i always try to consume atleast 200g of protein everyday. if i know my meals werent protein heavy i consume 2 protein shakes within that day

200 grams every day?? :deadbanana2: 

I need to up my game then, I even lost 3kg this past week instead of gaining :rip:

Do you consume that amount of proteins even during your days off from working out?

I bought Mass Gainer instead of Whey protein in hope to gain more weight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.