The Apple Thread

Sergi91

I managed to find a Natural Titanium 1TB Pro Max for pick up at a store 30 minutes from me, so I bought it. Coming from a 12 Pro Max, it should be a good upgrade.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Hephaestus

• Queen.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:12 PM, Starshine said:

It's usually #cliquebait and TikTokers/Youtubers desperate for impressions, it happens every year. :rip: 

I love my 15 Pro Max. 

It's actually customers that are reporting the overheating thing, apparently it's not happening to anyone, only to the Pro models and it depends from the app, but there are several reports, hopefully Apple will fix this.

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

It's actually customers that are reporting the overheating thing, apparently it's not happening to anyone, only to the Pro models and it depends from the app, but there are several reports, hopefully Apple will fix this.

It’s not a problem with the iPhone, it’s a problem with iOS 17 and apps not being properly updated.  I had overheating issues on my 14 Pro Max while testing iOS 17 betas that I never had while using iOS 16.

On 9/29/2023 at 12:06 AM, youresotoxic said:

for those that updated to Sonoma, what do you think about it?

i love it on my M2 MBA :WAP:

• Like 1

My poor 2012 MacBook Pro just got updated to MacOS Catalina :emofish:

On 9/29/2023 at 12:20 PM, Leptine said:

Someone tested it days ago and found Instagram to be the culprit, as well as a couple other 3rd party apps like Uber. 

But still, they're getting sloppy and although it's not happening to everyone... they didn't test one of the biggest apps- :rip: 

ガガの新しいシングルはどうですか

daddy buying me this 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

I swore I wouldn’t update until the 17 came out but I lost my 13 on a night out this past weekend so I guess I’m getting the 15 pro :deadbanana:I don’t mind too much bc I hated my 13… it crashed all the time and was awful for gaming

will i see a big change going from 13 (not pro) to 15 pro? Especially in terms of video quality etc?

the natural titanium and midnight blue colors are so ugly to me idk. 

white >> 

My 15 Pro Max arrived yesterday. I’m shook at how fast it is, and the battery life has been phenomenal so far :WAP:

Is there any apple phone that has the same zooming capabilities as the S22/S23 Ultra? It's super impressive but the phone is ugly to me. I prefer the Apple design.

blue 15 pro max. so happy with this color! it’s very beautiful in person. 

I'm planning on buying my very first iPhone ever next month. I think I'll go for a regular iPhone 15. I was wondering, what is the best time to buy it? People are telling me to wait a bit to avoid any bug or malfunction in the first bunch of phones. 

On 10/6/2023 at 4:52 AM, Terrielle said:

Is there any apple phone that has the same zooming capabilities as the S22/S23 Ultra? It's super impressive but the phone is ugly to me. I prefer the Apple design.

Zooming is technically nonexistent on phones, it's just software magic cropping in to mimic zoom. But iPhone 15 Pro Max is the closest.

The S23U has a 10x optical while the 15PM has a 5x optical sensor.

S23U will win in the 2.1x-4.9x range while the 15PM will win the 5x-9.9x range. But the S23U's 10x optical surprisingly isn't that much better than the 15PM's digital 10x due it its larger sensor. You can also reach 100x digital on the S23U but it's noisy, has horrible dynamic range, poor OIS, poor in low light, etc. Just pointless honestly, I can see why Apple chose to stick with 5x as the middleman: good for portraits and zoom. The next S24U is planning to axe its 10x for a 5x. :rip: 

• Thanks 2

decided to upgrade from 12 pro max to 15 pro max last week and I feel like the battery has been awful but I'm always near an outlet :sherlock:

Just now, Pheromosa said:

decided to upgrade from 12 pro max to 15 pro max last week and I feel like the battery has been awful but I'm always near an outlet :sherlock:

Have you updated to 17.0.3?

Battery has been substantially better for me since then and it never gets hot. 

Just now, Starshine said:

Have you updated to 17.0.3?

Battery has been substantially better for me since then and it never gets hot. 

I have but I do a lot of gaming on it so that's probably why :sherlock:

I've been downloading a lot of things too so I might get better 

9 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

I'm planning on buying my very first iPhone ever next month. I think I'll go for a regular iPhone 15. I was wondering, what is the best time to buy it? People are telling me to wait a bit to avoid any bug or malfunction in the first bunch of phones. 

The first batches are already out and sold.  You should be fine buying now.  There haven’t been any popular hardware issues reported so far.  You should only buy iPhones at every 7th minute and 42nd second of each hour, or in increments of 7 minutes and 42 seconds, as that is when Apple’s stock is most likely to be updated and available.

Edited by Archetype

7 hours ago, Archetype said:

The first batches are already out and sold.  You should be fine buying now.  There haven’t been any popular hardware issues reported so far.  You should only buy iPhones at every 7th minute and 42nd second of each hour, or in increments of 7 minutes and 42 seconds, as that is when Apple’s stock is most likely to be updated and available.

What do you mean it's the first time I hear about this :chick2:

• Haha 1

My phone screen turned completely white out of nowhere and it's been 3 hours now... :rip:

I contacted chat support and was ultimately told to go to a service centre. It's an iPhone 13 Pro and I got it last April, so the warranty has expired at this point. I hope they don't ask me to replace the screen. Apparently many people are facing this issue but Apple hasn't formally acknowledged it as a problem :dancehall:

On 10/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, ADMKHN said:

blue 15 pro max. so happy with this color! it’s very beautiful in person. 

I got the blue pro with a clear otterbox case that has the mag safe circle. People stay complimenting it. :jamming:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.