The Apple Thread

Sergi91

Did this really need to be a whole new numbered model? Just call this 14S (Or 14C for the USB-C I guess) and wait until you have something substantial for  '15'.

You know this was a lackluster launch when most of the discussion is about new colors :deadbanana:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

25 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Just call this 14S (Or 14C for the USB-C I guess) 

Or present a new iPhone every two-three years. I really don't understand Apple's obsession with putting out a new phone EVERY year when the differences have been minimal for the past 5 years at least. :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

It's more greyish than gold-bronzey.

Ah yeah, it definitely seems more grey irl. That’s a bit of a bummer. I still think it’s the color I’m gonna go with though. I wish there was a forest green like the case – which I actually think I might get over the Taupe one now.

4 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Or present a new iPhone every two-three years. I really don't understand Apple's obsession with putting out a new phone EVERY year when the differences have been minimal for the past 5 years at least. :deadbanana2:

because not everyone updates their fone at the same time  :deadbanana2:

others contract ends by this year, the others by next year  :deadbanana2:

nobody should be even updating their fone yearly and nobody is forcing you to  :deadbanana2: 

but 

the starting price iphone this year has a lot more upgrade compared to the same price iphone last year: 48mp camera, dynamic island, usb c, better screen, better battery. 

4 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Because selling 250 million iPhones every year is profitable for them. :thing:

Most people upgrade like every 3 years anyway and have different upgrade cycles, 12 -> 15, 13 -> 16, etc. 

1 minute ago, Starshine said:

Because selling 250 million iPhones every year is profitable for them. :thing:

Most people upgrade like every 3 years anyway and have different upgrade cycles, 12 -> 15, 13 -> 16, etc. 

not to mention that it literally works, Apple occupies the top selling phones consecutively for years.

ALL companies update their phones yearly, so why should Apple be the only one to stop. 

[insert Nina Bo'Nina Brown well it's over]

why do they gatekeep the 5x camera for the pro max version :deadbanana2: if you're on the same PRO line, give them all the same features

• Like 1

Are people talking about the Apple event and new iPhone like 10x times more than in other years or is it just my experience?

I feel like I'm living in a black mirror ep/wallE with everybody so bored and numb all they get hyped about is for the new version of the phone their entire country owns with the new color and camera identical to last year's model they own :deadbanana: an interesting climate or maybe it's me

• Like 4

1 hour ago, americanshameless said:

Gonna get the 15 Pro Max

Is going protector-less and caseless worth it if I get it with Apple Care?

caseless doesnt look better. you get more "why dont you have a case?" than the bareback admiration you're going for. 

• Thanks 1

I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I might just go ahead and get the 15 Pro Max. I like the upgraded camera specs, especially since I'd like to get more into photography as we get deeper into the fall and winter months.

• ATRL Moderator

My 13 Pro contract is finished so I'm tempted to get a 15 Pro but looking at the specs on Apple's website is really turning me off. I get that they put out these phones every year and can't always make significant changes so I'm not complaining, but for the first time I'm really not feeling that fear of missing out I typically do. Also, I have become so fond of my Sierra Blue which is a silly thing in the grand scheme of things but it's just so pretty :heart: I like the titanium blue just not nearly as much. 

We'll see, if Verizon offers a really great deal like they have in the past I might just do it but I'm not in a rush. 

I wonder will they exclude some features for their 16 lineup from Pro and keep them for Pro Max only. Like 5x zoom for this year. 

It’s so annoying 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FENTY. said:

I wonder will they exclude some features for their 16 lineup from Pro and keep them for Pro Max only. Like 5x zoom for this year. 

It’s so annoying 

It is, I don't want a Pro Max phone as the heaviness would affect my left arm (I have a muscle weakness from being born premature), and that's why I went for the 14 Pro instead, I'm happy with it, but I might go for the Series 9 in either Starlight or Blue :dancehall:, cause I love my Series 6 but I'd like the bigger size due to my visual impairment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, americanshameless said:

This is a lie :rip: 

in theory it's sleeker but in practice you'll have more people just judging you for not having a case so

Upgrading from 11 pro max to 15 pro max. I have the midnight version and was holding onto hope they’d do another green pro model but here we are with blue again :skull:  White it is for me for something different

On 9/13/2023 at 3:10 PM, truthteller said:

why do they gatekeep the 5x camera for the pro max version :deadbanana2: if you're on the same PRO line, give them all the same features

That's why I'm glad I stuck with my 14 Pro cause it has all the same features as the bigger 14 Pro Max.

My IPhone 13 Pro Max is still working so I probably won’t upgrade. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.