Ted Lasso: Season 3

Lee!!

• ATRL Administrator

TedLasso-Banniere.jpg

Season 1 is available now to stream on Apple TV+!

Season 2 is currently in production!

I don't understand how there was never a thread created for one of the best series of 2020. Better late than never!

20cf073032b9001d93f7dce506778c4565ef91d6

• 1 month later...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• Lovett

• Almodusa

• Ampersand13

I wonder if Jason will win the Emmy a 2nd year in a row or will Bill Hader come and snatch :matty: 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Almodusa said:

I wonder if Jason will win the Emmy a 2nd year in a row or will Bill Hader come and snatch :matty: 

I don't think Jason will win again honestly. This season of Barry seems to be slightly better received than season 2 of Ted Lasso, I don't really know what their competition is in terms of likely nominees though. Perhaps someone else will snatch :jamming:

Are there any rumors about season 3's premiere? Love this show!

• 8 months later...

Second season was honestly bad for the majority, I felt like they didn't have valid ideas for it aside from some episodes, we'll see with this third season.

I wish they released all episodes at once as a streaming service should. Guess I'll wait until may and then watch the whole thing in 1 go. The waiting week-to-week is so f-ing outdated.

mariah.gif

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

Second season was honestly bad for the majority, I felt like they didn't have valid ideas for it aside from some episodes, we'll see with this third season.

No it was just as good as season 1, y'all are just mad it wasn't as comic relief and went dark to talk about some serious subject. This show got layers upon layers for days 🙌 

Aside from 2 standalone episodes that feel out-of-place (the Beard all night out episode and the Christmas episode), this season was much stronger naratively than season 1.

10 hours ago, Eóghan said:

No it was just as good as season 1, y'all are just mad it wasn't as comic relief and went dark to talk about some serious subject. This show got layers upon layers for days 🙌 

Aside from 2 standalone episodes that feel out-of-place (the Beard all night out episode and the Christmas episode), this season was much stronger naratively than season 1.

First I'm not "y'all", and I have actual different reasons for not having like much the second season, I couldn't care less of the comic relief aspect.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, Eóghan said:

On 2/15/2023 at 9:02 PM, Leptine said:

First I'm not "y'all", and I have actual different reasons for not having like much the second season, I couldn't care less of the comic relief aspect.

You know this is interesting, I found S2 to have more funny moments. Like when Jamie goes to Ted in the bar and is like "it's good...it's okay...it's all **** Ted" , or when Roy yells at the schoolgirls he coaches, or when Jamie is kicked off from the reality show and does that morning show interview etc....the list goes on.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:51 AM, AbeHicks said:

I wish they released all episodes at once as a streaming service should. Guess I'll wait until may and then watch the whole thing in 1 go. The waiting week-to-week is so f-ing outdated.

mariah.gif

Mess same 

I just realized now that I'll have to wait till May too. I thought it was all coming out on March 15. I did the same mistake with season 2 and I had to wait and wait, it was torture but worth it. Thankfully it's not the type of show with spoilers floating all over social media

The week by week doesn't work at all with this show

mariah.gif 

Certified Fresh at 92% on RT.

I hope they kill the traitor in the first episode :bird:.

So, just watched the first episode 

Spoiler

I thought it was enjoyable, overall, and a strong set up for the rest of the season. I noticed Billy’s name in the opening credits so assume he will have a more prominent role this season - I really hope they pull through with the rumoured Gay Colin storyline because there’s a real opportunity to tell a powerful and relevant story with that which I think the show is capable of doing. 

I thought they did a good job of setting up the rest of the season and foreshadowed some of the heavier emotional themes the show will address which will lead to its conclusion. I especially thought the emphasis on Ted missing spending time with Henry and the way Nate was treated by Rupert & the media was told brilliantly and will definitely be important to the plot. All of that will come full circle by the finale for a satisfying pay off, I’m sure. 

I thought some of the dialogue & humour was a liiiiiittle bit clunky and felt a little bit like a Fanfic version of Ted Lasso at times dddd but it was a good start. Both S1 & S2 got better as the storyline progressed so I think the same will happen here. I think it’s going to be a very emotional season. 

Just watched Ep 2!

Spoiler

Another really, really good episode. The subtle hints to Amsterdam are coming through, with the flight call in Ep 1 and the snow globe in Ep 2. Makes sense since Amsterdam is an important location to Jason & Brendan. That’s clearly going to play a big part this season.

I do hope that they don’t relegate the team down to background characters for the whole of the season. I’d love for them to have more storylines. I wonder if they’re just going to pretend Sam & Rebecca never happened? What happened to Sam’s Nigerian restaurant? I’m looking forward to seeing how this season develops. 

• ATRL Moderator

Gonna watch episode 2 tomorrow I think! Enjoyed the season premiere (didn't love it, but definitely enjoyed it)

Ep 3!

Spoiler

GAY COLIN IS FINALLY CANON OH MY GOD. They’ve teased and hinted at this  for ages and honestly I was a little worried that they would shy away from it and they were just going to use the gay tropes in S2 for off-hand comedic relief but I am SO GLAD they took the decision to flesh out Colin’s character with a real, in depth storyline 

Seeing the subtle hints of casual homophobia was a little raw for me, this is a storyline I think a lot of us will relate to and it’s so important to have this representation, I am so glad they’re doing it.

The football element of the show has taken much more of a backseat this season so far than in the previous seasons. The tone of the show has definitely shifted and I’ve noticed that the lighting seems to be reflecting that.

Really enjoying it all so far. 

I'm obsessed with this show. Season 2 was better than the first

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.