Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

Timothée's career is really on fire right now. Him becoming the new face of Chanel's main male fragrance, Wonka turning out to be a surprise hit at the box office, him scoring his 3rd Golden Globe nomination and Dune 2 is upon us too… :jonny2:

Wonka smashing with Timothee as the lead will also benefit Dune potentially:jonny2:

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Wonka smashing with Timothee as the lead will also benefit Dune potentially:jonny2:

And he'll shoot the Bob Dylan biopic next, so if all things go well, he could also be looking at his 2nd Best Actor Oscar nomination… :jonny2:

Oh wow oh wow. Quote from a news roundup. 

https://www.theinsneider.com/p/andre-braugher-dead-tribute-leonardo-dicaprio-movie-critic-rick-dalton-dune-2-trailer

...and before I let you go, I’m already hearing rumblings that WB is so bullish on Villeneuve’s vision for Dune that Part Three has been already been greenlit with a 2027 release date in mind. WB sees Part Two as a home run, and internally, I’m hearing the studio is already projecting an opening north of $100 million. That may be optimistic, but given the trailer above, hardly out of the question.

I think it's optimistic but it's it still a great sign :clap3:

• Like 1

Please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please

We need the Messiah movie :jonny5:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 11:19 AM, illia said:

Please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please don't flop please

We need the Messiah movie :jonny5:

We need it SMASH so we can get Messiah, Children of Dune (best divided in two movies), God Emperor of Dune HBO miniseries (no way it would work as a movie ddd), and then we need Heretics and Chapterhouse movies with the Honored Matres :jonny5:

28 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

We need it SMASH so we can get Messiah, Children of Dune (best divided in two movies), God Emperor of Dune HBO miniseries (no way it would work as a movie ddd), and then we need Heretics and Chapterhouse movies with the Honored Matres :jonny5:

I agree about Messiah, but Children should also be an HBO series along with God Emperor

Spoiler

I won't be too mad if Heretics and Chapterhouse get skipped :coffee2: but if not, they should be an HBO series too

8 hours ago, MatiRod said:

They will never make that one into movie/tv series. There's no way to make giant half-worm-half-human character work visually. It would end up looking like Jabba from Star Wars :skull:

3 hours ago, Raptus said:

They will never make that one into movie/tv series. There's no way to make giant half-worm-half-human character work visually. It would end up looking like Jabba from Star Wars :skull:

Idk, I think with a lot of money and a bit of creative redesign it's possible

Like these fanart designs look pretty nice: (spoiler warning)

Spoiler

Although if I'm not mistaken his arms are supposed to be very short, but as a concept art this is very TV series-friendly

main-qimg-067131b369877e8a3ca9498902b163

092aa641061399.57978959eeadf.jpg

108245589_2851034558336574_1944449241031

20 hours ago, KFC said:

Is the Bene Gesserit series scrapped? :rip:

Mess I forgot about this :rip:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KFC said:

It's not

It got renamed and postponed but not cancelled

Coming Fall 2024

21 hours ago, KFC said:

I belive it filmed during the strike

• 3 weeks later...

I just got home from the IMAX reissue of Dune Part One. They played a 10 minute sneak peek at Part Two after which was fantastic. Then another mini trailer played after of new footage and OMFG, absolutely shook. The new visuals were NUTS, this movie is going to be a collapse. 

This is gonna be a true war epic my god :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

I just got home from the IMAX reissue of Dune Part One. They played a 10 minute sneak peek at Part Two after which was fantastic. Then another mini trailer played after of new footage and OMFG, absolutely shook. The new visuals were NUTS, this movie is going to be a collapse. 

This is gonna be a true war epic my god :jonny5:

I KNEW Part 2 was gonna be worth the build up of Part 1 :jonny5:

Advanced screening tix are on sale now too

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

I KNEW Part 2 was gonna be worth the build up of Part 1 :jonny5:

Advanced screening tix are on sale now too

Already sold out shows too.. it's coming :jonny5:

On 12/31/2023 at 7:12 PM, KFC said:

No it should be ready to go, it was allowed to film during the strike

Can't wait for this :WAP:

Not the popcorn bucket being a giant fleshlight :deadbanana2::rip:

• Haha 4

So far early access presales are very strong.

"Dune 2 Early Shows MTC1 - 14972/55434- 181 shows

Really strong day 2. Tomorrow we are going to see how previews sell after 2 days of early show sales. I am expecting strong sales as I mentioned earlier today. There are still bunch of shows in smaller markets which can grow as we approach the release date. MTC2 just at 902/3191 14771.35 11 shows. So its irrelevant and will be driven by previews/OW starting tomorrow."

Tracker currently saying $80M opening wknd. 

Anything over $65M and I'm happy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Not the popcorn bucket being a giant fleshlight :deadbanana2::rip:

:ahh:

• Haha 2

Denver presales (for Thursday previews)

Dune 1- 410 tickets sold after 8 hours

Dune 2- 406 tickets sold after 3 hours

That's after Dune 2 has already burnt off 500 tickets sold for the fan advance screening on the 25th. 

Strong start

I still don't understand why they didn't postpone this until the summer and have an Oppenheimer type run into the awards season next year

Already selling out at my theater. It's going to be the collapse :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.