Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

part 1 gets better every time I watch it. its so economical in its scripting and dialogue that there are extra dynamics i pick up on on subsequent viewings. the layers of storytelling- from screenplay, acting, music, set design, costuming are all incredible. you hear that phrase 'everything is used to tell a story' constantly in this space, but dune genuinely means it.  very eagerly awaiting watching part two in a few days!

villeneuve is one of the best directors of our time, especially in the realm of sci-fi filmmaking

• Like 2

Ya this is gonna be massive :rip: 

Much more satisfying film than Part 1. Timothee, Zendaya and Rebecca Ferguson were all great. Good for Miss Flo getting that paycheck! :fan: 

kii at Anya playing Paul's sister I

• Like 1

I caved and listened to Hans Zimmer's OST in order to cope with not being able to see it tonight and wow. 

Just incredible evolutions and expansions of the themes we got in Part 1. Very much like Howard Shore's LOTR OST. Brilliant. 

The back half of the album is transcendent. Kiss the Ring and Only I Will Remain :jonny5:godly, straight up divine. I can't stop listening to Only I Will Remain it's like the most epic Zimmer crescendo we've ever gotten. 

I hope the second week drop isn’t too bad, so excited for this. 

The reactions are so "boring". They all seems like Copy - paste. 

Thanks God we already have real reviews before reactions this time so we know It's not just pure PR.

Seeing this Thursday with my best friend, he finally saw Dune 1 this week and I've been rewatching it in anticipation

We're not ready

rSEnzZC.thumb.gif.4bad67e29d975733fbed7c

just came back from early screening yesterday

Spoiler

Villeneuve continues to prove himself as one of the most promising filmmakers of our time, the movie goes beyond & is better than the first part in pretty much every aspect. The film serves as a great wrap-up to the story introduced in part one. Technical aspects such as VFX, Production Design, Sound, Editing, etc. are all top notch and awards-worthy. The action sequences are absolutely mind blowing and sent chills down my spine. Denis direction is impeccable, and the story is absolutely fascinating- continuing to develop characters from Pt. 1 even deeper and introduce new incredible and intriguing characters. also a what a perfect setup for Messiah :clap3:

Driving 1.5hrs this weekend to see this on the biggest screen in my state and rewatched the first yesterday, SO ready for more excellence from Denis :jonny5:

Got my tickets for the Saturday evening :jonny5:

ahhhhhhhhhh I really gotta rewatch the first part

Got myself a nice set of 7.1 surround sound speakers today for my TV and rewatched Part One on 4K HDR disc again. The image quality and colour reproduction of the disc is so much better than any streaming service's 4k and HDR. Also Dune's Dolby Atmos audio treatment is considered to be the best of any film. I could hear the film score all around and above me. It felt like I was at the movies again.

Thursday can't come soon enough, the hype is overflowing. Everything I've been hearing about it has been positive. 

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 1

Also Dune 2 had an incredible update yesterday on presales for the weekend. We are getting close to release but now that the Early Access shows are done, they will stop stealing sales from the weekend. 

IMAX shows are selling like crazy. Perhaps another Oppenheimer style event incoming. Not to say it's making $320M domestic though. 

Early access shows seem to be around $2M, so that will be added to the opening weekend likely. 

Gonna try and hope to see this film this weekend (or hope to lmao)

I thought China would be a dumpster fire, but early presales are surprisingly good?! Ahead of Aquaman 2 so far after 3 days of sales. Maybe it won't have a horrible drop from the first one after all. 

South Korea is looking fantastic. 

Dune: Part One 5-day opening- $3.1M

Dune: Part Two presales only- $4M

:jonny5:

Domestically, if the presales can continue on the torrid pace that started yesterday, then apparently $100M OW is still possible in the best case scenario. At this point, $80M+ is also looking more likely than not. Amazing results. 

Literally a masterpiece & religious experience, I can't wait to see it again 

How are the fight scenes yall? Does zendaya go full Xena warrior or what

I’m expecting this to be the greatest movie of all time literally based on all the reviews 

hope I won’t get disappointed :ryan3:

8 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Guess they are assuming a 70/100 split. Definitely a bit of a lowball. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.