Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

This film was incredible, the entire cast did what needed to be done. The visuals and sound design were just chefs kiss.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

No notes. 10 out of 10. Can’t wait to see it again. Probably see it at least 3 times in theaters. 

Rebecca Ferguson, the icon that you are. 

A modern epic :jonny5: we’re witnessing cinema here :jonny5:

on acting side Chalamet was good but nothing so incredible as someone said. Zendaya was nothing special. Hungry face or smiling face for 2 hours of movie. 

The best acting is from Rebecca Ferguson. She is really incredible. I was ready to tell Austin Butler was like overrated too cause internet and geeks love this over the top performances but i have to admit he was really good. 

I like it also Florence Pugh (not too much space but the characters fells perfectly "above the parts" as it should) and Josh Brolin.

Javier Bardems seems a little bit on over acting in too much parts. 

• Like 1

I never thought the days when a freaking Dune movie would open to $30M+ OD would come.. But here we are.

$32.2M official Friday estimate

Going to see this Tuesday :hippo:

Saw this last night in IMAX. Whew.   A visual and sonic masterpiece. That’s how you do a modern sci fi film! 

I hope we get a third part! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arcadius said:

It’s sad this was when I finally saw it for Austin I said hold up. :deadbanana2:

Same tho 

Just got back home and OH MY GOD THIS WAS F*CKING AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!! :jonny5:

An absolute masterpiece and a future sci-fi classic, this is everything I could've wished for. I even teared up a few times (it might be corny but idc!!!!). I feel like I was in 5th dimension or something :jonny5::jonny5: About to make this movie my entire personality for the next few months :jonny5:

I'm still in my feels so I might write a more detailed post later but I LOVED THIS SO F*CKING MUCHG DSFSLFKLSDJFLKSD:FSDFSF :jonny5:

11/10. STRONGLY RECOMMEND WATCHING ON A BIG SCREEN. 

Edited by illia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow what a visual experience 

Watching this in dolby was incredible!

The whole theater shaking at times.  Was really worth the 30 min drive to the theater.  

Omg I just saw it and I have chills. 

10/10 

• Like 1

Okayy growth :clap3:

• Like 1

I think it will only make about 400 million ww if that. I can't see this having Oppenheimer success sadly even though its a masterpiece.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, illia said:

Okayy growth :clap3:

The first one was also simultaneously streaming on Max at the time too while COVID was still strong. 

The visuals were amazing,  a beautifully directed blockbuster epic. The cast ATE! Villaneuve will get another Director and Screenplay nomination :clap3:

19 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I think it will only make about 400 million ww if that. I can't see this having Oppenheimer success sadly even though its a masterpiece.

That’s less than the original, which was on MAX and with Covid still a large concern. I get not expecting a billion, but why would it make less?

one of the greatest sci fi films of all time, Denis bumped himself into the pantheon of the greatest directors alive today with this:WAP:

LOTR sized epic:jonny5:

Edited by WildAmerican
  • Like 1

Oh wow oh wow. $29M early Saturday estimate! Word of mouth begins to spread already. :duca:

That's 12% higher than I thought it would do :deadbanana2:

@KnightOfAllRealmsyou can breathe now

Edited by BNF91
  • Thanks 1

Do I have to watch the first one in order to understand and enjoy this one? 

3 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Do I have to watch the first one in order to understand and enjoy this one? 

yes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I loved Lady Jessica in the first movie but she was kinda very insane in this one :rip: I'm kind of rooting for her to die lmaooo

Glad she got the chance to GAG that Reverend Mother ***** tho

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Oh wow oh wow. $29M early Saturday estimate! Word of mouth begins to spread already. :duca:

That's 12% higher than I thought it would do :deadbanana2:

@KnightOfAllRealmsyou can breathe now

:jonny3::jonny3::WAP::jonnycat:

Not me desperately checking the rest of the weeks IMAX shows because I need to see this again. The majority of them booked up or all the decent seats completely gone. Until I hit the Tuesday 10 pm show, where I found what must have been a cancellation that happened all of a few minutes ago. The very centre seat in the best possible row for viewing the true IMAX screen. 

The way I snatched it up. Divine timing. :alexz:

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused though. What are the Reverend Mother and the nuns goals? Obviously Jessica has broken away and has her own agenda now but I still don't understand what all the Bene Gesserit manipulation is for

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.