Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

Rewatched Part 1 today and it's still so good :jonny5:

• Like 1

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

Domestic preview numbers are in and slightly up from the last estimate. $12M (including $2M EA shows). This is a considerable jump from Part 1's $5.1M. 

Brazil debuts with $320K, opening weekend could be close to $2M, bigger than Part 1's entire run there.

Italy headed for a $3.9-4.3M OW, up from Pt. 1's $2.5M. 

Despite Exhuma sucking up all the air and doing all-time numbers, South Korea continues strong for Dune Pt 2 with +108% jump on Friday for $1.8M, best 3rd day for any WB film post COVID. 

Germany is headed for the 6th biggest opening weekend of the decade with 775k admissions :clap3:

Audience reception seems very positive just about everywhere. So far so good. 

Edited by BNF91

1 hour ago, rac7d said:

It need to hit 800 mill before summer 

No it doesn't lol

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

That being said, I don’t really get the Two Towers comparison outside of the obvious middle instalment connection; there’s nothing here that comes close to the story telling, sweeping majesty or unbearable tension of Helm’s Deep. It felt closer to the Hunger Games: Mockinyjay films than the levels Jackson was working on (and not just because Walken was giving his best President Snow but without anything as memorable as the roses motif…but we do get a funky looking chess board).

The third act war sequences outside of some initial cool trailer shots are anti climatic and truncated as is the ending proper (which is a source material problem and the movie doesn’t escape it); the larger problem also remains with characters not really having much verve to them, being chained in to grander machinations and fate, and it doesn’t lend well to captivating drama.

Tbh, I do not see at all the movie has an action based one. Part 1 and half of Part 2 is mostly dedicated to contemplative scene or dialogue as it feels to be very character-driven.

I haven't read the books but:

Spoiler

I think it's pretty clear - and marketing never really shied away (with the talk about it being the revenge act 2, rise of a messiah figure, and probably a third movie) - that Paul will defeat the Baron and the Emperor. Half in the movie, his mom even told him he'll have to marry well. I like that the final battle has some scenes but we already know they will win that part. It's more interesting to spend more time as climax with the duel and the Emperor entourage.  

As for Two Towers, I presume it's mostly to highlight what some may have felt about Act 1: an introduction. I love The Fellowship of the Rings, but isolated, the movie is clearly introductive and cannot live without its successor.

Wow i don't know about plots and who even cares. This is really great visual cinema. Fantastic movie. 3 hours of shaking. 

This was great all around, lived up to the hype.

Spoiler

The visuals delivered so much, the sandworm riding, particularly in the last battle; the whole part in Giedi Prime was stunning, the black sun making it ass washed out the fireworks being black; the whole parts with Paul talking to the Fremen, him walking through the crowd, and so much more was good. The costumes were also great.

I didn't have issues with the changes, like Paul killing the Baron and all, I thought all worked well. Austin Butler looking mesmerized at Paul's cold blooded kill at that scene sent me a bit, but he did a great job, the whole cast did to be honest. Also loved when Paul used his voice with the Reverend Mother.

Overall extremely solid, one of the best sci-fi movies out there.

YALL 

I fell asleep during this :weeps: just going to google the plot since the movie was kinda boring 

Austin Butler was great though. Idg the 25% method acting comment he made but he’s a good actor

Zendaya was terrible :rip:

Timothee was bland as usual 

• Confused 1

Actually I’ll watch again since everyone says it’s good 

4 hours ago, BNF91 said:

No it doesn't lol

Yes it does if it can survive theaters until June that would be amazing 

4 minutes ago, brraap said:

Actually I’ll watch again since everyone says it’s good 

You don't have to force to like It :laugh:

For example everyone loves Nolan but even if of course can admit he know what he makes and i like parts of his movies i find them so verbal, desperate to be complex to the point they are convulsive, i found them boring. It's taste. 

While i love Villenueve, his movies are more slow burning but the way he builds every scene and kind leaves "the images breath" (and not the people talk and talk and talk) totally enchantes me. And remembers some of the great Classic directors like David Lean or Forman.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

You don't have to force to like It :laugh:

For example everyone loves Nolan but even if of course can admit he know what he makes and i like parts of his movies i find them so verbal, desperate to be complex to the point they are convulsive, i found them boring. It's taste. 

While i love Villenueve, his movies are more slow burning but the way he builds every scene and kind leaves "the images breath" (and not the people talk and talk and talk) totally enchantes me. And remembers some of the great Classic directors like David Lean or Forman.

I saw your post on BOT about the ending of Dune Pt. 2 and I haven't read the books. But I have a question

Spoiler

Are we meant to see the holy war against the Great Houses? Is he saving that for the Dune: Messiah film?

6 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

I saw your post on BOT about the ending of Dune Pt. 2 and I haven't read the books. But I have a question

Reveal hidden contents

Are we meant to see the holy war against the Great Houses? Is he saving that for the Dune: Messiah film?

Spoiler

I don't know. Someone thinks that. Probably he won't really follow the novel plot if not for very few things. If you want to read my idea for the final you can read the second spoiler. of course with spoiler of the books

Spoiler

From Paul vision i made this idea Chani will became a sort of big Hero against Paul in the end and she's the One will stab him and kill him. 

Edited by vale9001

Just saw it. It blew me away. A masterpiece :clap3:

58 minutes ago, vale9001 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know. Someone thinks that. Probably he won't really follow the novel plot if not for very few things. If you want to read my idea for the final you can read the second spoiler. of course with spoiler of the books

Reveal hidden contents

From Paul vision i made this idea Chani will became a sort of big Hero against Paul in the end and she's the One will stab him and kill him. 

Spoiler

I hope this doesn't happen :rip:book spoilers:

Spoiler

Messiah's ending and Paul's "death" was really poetic in the book and it would look very epic in the movie if done right

Edited by illia

This movie is truly a MASTERPIECE

Seeing it again  in LA in a couple weeks in 70mm Imax :giraffe:

• Like 1

Very early domestic Friday estimate- $30-34M. $34M would be great and set $82M+ as likely. $30M would put $74M as the likely target. 

So even at the low end it seems like the weekend will be good. 

PostTrak/Comscore exit scores from the audiences so far are literally sky high at 5/5 stars and 94% positive :deadbanana2:Better than Oppy (93%), Spider-verse (93%) and the first Dune (84%)

Edited by BNF91

Loved the movie (SO much better than Part One) but:

Spoiler

#JusticeForAlia

ab94733ec11d18fcdaff5180a70cfdd176400b99

:rip::ahh:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

:rip::ahh:

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

omg it's all I hear now 

Spoiler

I actually loved how they handled Alia in the film. It felt ethereal, quietly epic. Also eerie and freaky at the same time. 

His appearance made me so h word

4 hours ago, Whis said:

His appearance made me so h word

It’s sad this was when I finally saw it for Austin I said hold up. :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.