Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Broken said:

Damn :deadbanana:

Denis should have all the success Nolan does

He is much more talented

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Got my ticket for Thursday :jonnycat:

Bought tickets for Saturday afternoon going to have lunch then watch the movie

Listening to this soundtrack

I have CHILLS

I’m curious to watch this now but I haven’t seen part 1 which I heard was such a bore.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

I’m curious to watch this now but I haven’t seen part 1 which I heard was such a bore.

Part 1 is definitely the story-telling/ build up for the fun that happens in Part 2 :mandown:

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

It's not a bore at all. Part One is so dense with world building and symbolism. I can't say you'll feel the same way but for me, it was such an immersive experience of incredible visuals and sound. No way I could get bored. 

I guess it's because Villeneuve doesn't spoonfeed the viewer information? Like any good director shouldn't. 

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

They lying. Part 1 is a cinematic masterpiece.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

Part I is great. And even if you don't love it, it does set you up to enjoy Part 2 which is mostly action. 

• Like 1

1 week away, ATM presales are looking solid. Thursday is starting to look more clear, as we are just a week away. It seems like the range is $10-11.5M Thursday previews. The Feb 25th Early Access shows are selling very strong, should amount to about $2M. So total previews looking like $12-13M. 

From there I would guess a weekend within the $70-80M range. The multiplier from the Thursday number for the full weekend estimate should be about 7-8x the Thursday. Leaning closer to 8 considering how consistent the sales are (especially for premium tickets like IMAX/Dolby) through to Sunday. 

Right now I'm thinking $76M. 

My boyfriend got premiere vip tickets on Tuesday :wanda:

Can't wait. Imma need to re-watch the first tho. 

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

1 week away, ATM presales are looking solid. Thursday is starting to look more clear, as we are just a week away. It seems like the range is $10-11.5M Thursday previews. The Feb 25th Early Access shows are selling very strong, should amount to about $2M. So total previews looking like $12-13M. 

From there I would guess a weekend within the $70-80M range. The multiplier from the Thursday number for the full weekend estimate should be about 7-8x the Thursday. Leaning closer to 8 considering how consistent the sales are (especially for premium tickets like IMAX/Dolby) through to Sunday. 

Right now I'm thinking $76M. 

Is it possible to push 80M

6 hours ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

Is it possible to push 80M

For sure. Right now it seems like the range is $70-90M. A lot will depend on walk-ups and casuals buying tickets the day of. But based on presales it does seem like Dune has a hard limit on how much the general audiences are into it. 

Any number in that range would be good. Even $70M

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

For sure. Right now it seems like the range is $70-90M. A lot will depend on walk-ups and casuals buying tickets the day of. But based on presales it does seem like Dune has a hard limit on how much the general audiences are into it. 

Any number in that range would be good. Even $70M

I heard whispers about the rival studios expecting a $100M debut so I hope WB are not disappointed if it opens sub $80M and put off the sequel

1 hour ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

I heard whispers about the rival studios expecting a $100M debut so I hope WB are not disappointed if it opens sub $80M and put off the sequel

Even if it does $70M they will greenlight Messiah. That would get it to at least $185-190M domestic, though I think it will clear $200M because the opening weekend will be higher than $70M. Those $100M+ expectations were always ridiculous. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Weld_E said:

If you like Marvel trash movies, then yes, Dune may bore you (because it's real CINEMA, not some dumb childish CGI mess)

• Thanks 1

Dune part 1 is a masterpiece idc idc

If you get it you get it

• Like 5

On 2/23/2024 at 6:04 PM, James_Dean said:

Part 1 is definitely the story-telling/ build up for the fun that happens in Part 2 :mandown:

On 2/23/2024 at 6:47 PM, BNF91 said:

It's not a bore at all. Part One is so dense with world building and symbolism. I can't say you'll feel the same way but for me, it was such an immersive experience of incredible visuals and sound. No way I could get bored. 

I guess it's because Villeneuve doesn't spoonfeed the viewer information? Like any good director shouldn't. 

14 hours ago, Raptus said:

If you like Marvel trash movies, then yes, Dune may bore you (because it's real CINEMA, not some dumb childish CGI mess)

I watched part 1 yesterday and was intrigued the whole way through.

As someone from the Middle East, I was captivated by the Arabic cultural influences woven throughout the movie. The parallels between Arrakis and the geopolitics of our region, with spice reminiscent of oil, and the portrayal of the Fremen akin to Bedouins, downright to the usage of the Arabic language (Lissan Algarib, Mehdi, etc.). However, it's disheartening that amidst this rich cultural backdrop, there was a notable absence of Arab representation on screen.

I have to roll my eyes at yet another white savior storyline following a protagonist with the most white sounding name, Paul (I'm aware the book was written in the '60s). I'm also not sure if Timothy has the charisma needed to play the lead, he looked confused and lost throughout the movie.

Regardless, I enjoyed the movie and will be watching Part 2. The movie's highlight was Rebecca Ferguson, who plays Jessica, the most interesting character to me so far.

Edited by Weld_E
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Weld_E said:

I have to roll my eyes at yet another white savior storyline following a protagonist with the most white sounding name, Paul (I'm aware the book was written in the '60s). I'm also not sure if Timothy has the charisma needed to play the lead, he looked confused and lost throughout the movie.

It's the opposite of that, but I would have to spoil rest of the story to explain :gaycat2:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Raptus said:

It's the opposite of that, but I would have to spoil rest of the story to explain :gaycat2:

You can spoil. I read the plots for the following two books on Wiki after I finished the movie, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.