Love, Victor

Gossip_Boy

Ok well I finished the show and honestly, I'm satisfied with how the show ended. All of the characters are in a better place now than when we first see them. At first I was whatever about this show ending when it was announced, but I am kinda lowkey sad it is over now. I really like the cast and I will miss seeing them on the show. I wish we had 10 episodes instead of 8. I know this is also Victor's story, but I wish we could've gotten some cameos from Love, Simon characters. Nick's sister would have started high school by now I think. It would've cute to see her for a brief cameo in an episode. It's weird Simon didn't appear for a final goodbye. I don't think we will get any other spinoffs from the Simonverse anytime soon. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloo

• publikcitizen

• AbeHicks

• Roberto

I can't bring myself to start it :weeps: 

I don't want it to end :weeps: 

1 hour ago, Bloo said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think they would set Liam up for a spin off when he could be erased from the show and the plot wouldn’t be affected at all. He’s just a throwaway character for Victor to “mess up” by being annoying person and trying to force someone out of the closet (“I can be his Simon!!!” cringe lol).

Spoiler

I know right that line was so awful, the whole part actually lol.

I mean if you’re not going to do anything with a character why to waste time? 
this is just proves that the written was all over the place.

This show was so bad omg I can’t believe. Victor is so embarrassing and annoying also his family being the most tolerable characters on the show :deadbanana2: The ending was god awfulkhia-snap.gif

Edited by Angelgrande

I know Victor & Felix were suppose to end up together its just that the writers were too scared of something so great being brought to the screen so they gave us this ending instead

It seems like the cast has great chemistry outside the show but the writing barely helps :rip: The ending was okay but it felt so little, I just wanted more

I just started season 3 and decided to watch the “previously on” and realized I forgot 90% of the characters and plot :deadbanana4:

Wtf. 

40 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

I just started season 3 and decided to watch the “previously on” and realized I forgot 90% of the characters and plot :deadbanana4:

Wtf. 

Same! :rip:

——-

huh I have to skip Mia’s plot in almost every episode because her plot is so boring :deadbanana4: 

Not me skipping through Mia's ENTIRE plot the entire season. What a horrible end to a good series, I'm disappointed!

On 5/21/2022 at 3:02 PM, RunUpDoneUp said:

Trailer killed my interest in Victor's love life, I just hope Rahim isn't ruined in the process, Victor is not a catch.

Giving prophetess.

So much to LASH but so little energy to do it, but;

I'm glad someone here relayed the spoiler from Victor's actor, that way I wasn't going in for the massive slap in the face of that beginning.

And wtf at them making Benji a hard-core alcoholic. Geez, how sad. They didn't even try to redeem him either.

Rahim was done dirty, he should've stayed giving Victor the cold shoulder and moved on and have us follow him that way, would've made the lil muslim life snippets we got more of it's own thing. Then the NERVE to have him be denied an onscreeen kiss with his man, idk if was the actor playing the guy or him but that's just cheap. Didn't even get to see them know each other either. A waste of a secondary gay male lead tbf. He did get to read that homophobe but I prefer a beatdown after a reading. Any gay man should be able to defend himself out here, the hets are out of hand. I also liked how he convinced Victor to accept the gay award, every gay should be taking acknowledgement from institutions they're a part of as we're actually underrepresented and underappreciated far and wide.

New boy, he could've had purpose but they just used him to make Victor miss benji's bussy, I know his fine ass daddy and nice mom are mad. The change to guy interested in relationship was a laugh though, truly, Victor is as uninteresting as tuna on bread and I'm supposed to buy that he made a chronic fckboi want to settledown? Inshallah. Then him getting tacked on to the lil rude gay too...still a better couple than vic and Ben, I bet.

Felix was okay but they had to sour it by having him relapse with lake, he's an emotionally competent dude, so I find it hard to believe he just went that way without checking with Victor first tbh. Him and his mom were cute and him being toxic to yoga magic dude makes sense, he's still in faux guardian mode with her. I hoped he'd get a happy ending with Pilar but alas, no rest for the swan.

Andrew was sidelined since s2 if I'm honest, he was just reduced to appendage go Mia which would be fine if he wasn't billed as a secondary character to note. Dude got done dirty too, yes he wasn't painted as "wrong" or "toxic" but he definitely had nothing more than throwaway lines about his life outside Mia. Basketball used to be a sport of interest on the show, got dropped since s2 too.

Mia, darling Mia, she never got to be a momma's girl but I guess big sister will have to do. She too got throwaway lines about her art interest and future in that regard. I thought they were gonna have her and Lake's mom be a duo but guess not. Glad her and Andrew got back together but truly, they had just about nothing else.

Lake...sigh, they made her bi(?)sexuality a nonfactor which would've been fine if the show had them interect outside in the real world like they did with the guys, lake at a lgbt club would be good content, she was gay already before being with a woman. She didn't even try to make her relationship with her mom work, which is fine but to then move her girl into the woman's condo or whatever? Actual out of line behavior imo. I'm glad she got the talk with Felix, their little relationship was hit and miss but they were the closest to bearable on the show.

The Salazars are the best part of this season, from the meltdown at the pflag meeting,  to the arrangement with the church family, to the lashing of Pilar and the subsequent working through of the issue. Adrian got sidelined but who didn't this go? It was probably for the best too, tbh.

Victor. Victor. Victor. Victor, the biggest disappointment of them all. I thought he was actually gonna explore being yay and date around but sure to his one note character, he had to try and lock down the first guy he hooked up with since. Geez, then the lashing he received from benji's dad and taking it lying down. Sad. They never did explore Victor's penchant for self hate from s1(that "I'm not a girl" comment still makes me cackle) and then to have him not want the brave award after lambasting the team for not being accepting in s2 was a funny moment, it's not a bad thing to be awarded by a school that clearly didn't do enough since Simon came out and acknowledge his stance against the homophobia on the team he experienced. His acceptance speech was good though and he wasn't as annoying this season as he usually is. Oh how I wish he'd get to be alone though, I'd prefer that over him and Benji being seen as okay.

The only thing i have to say about Benji is, boy, why did you put your feet on the bed with your shoes on?! What kind of monster does that sht?

But despite all that, I found this season to be better than both 1 and 2. Unpopular opinion? Idk but I definitely believe it.

Victor and Benji rarely interact with each other this whole season.

I finished and it was cute all in all. Definitely rushed, but I am glad it concluded before it got canceled.

Spoiler

Victor's "crabs" ending up as poison ivy also made me chuckle too :lmao:

It was good for what it was.

I did stay up until about 5 am watching this mess.

I almost regret it but I love Benji and he really deserved to be happy whether that's with Victor or not idk but I'm glad it seemed to be his happy ending.

4 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

It was good for what it was.

I did stay up until about 5 am watching this mess.

Hide contents

I almost regret it but I love Benji and he really deserved to be happy whether that's with Victor or not idk but I'm glad it seemed to be his happy ending.

You spilled!

I don't know if I just grew up since the first season 2 years ago or if this season/ending was really bad ........... (i think its the latter)

• ATRL Moderator

I'm only on ep 4 but just commenting on the bizarre way I immediately lose interest every time Victor is on screen :skull: So dull!

But Pilar, Felix, Lake, and Rahim are so much more likable and interesting :clap3: And Andrew is so hot :jonnycat:

All i have to say is FÛCK BENJI!!!

the WORST character by far he deserves NOTHING

Literally every other guy is better than him and had more chemistry with Victor. Benji and Victor just did not have chemistry.

Victor shoulda listened to his own advice and chosen Daddy Nick

i am fuming and close to having a meltdown over how much they fûcked this show up. It showed so much promise during season 1 but they butchered it 

just finished this and idk if i like it or not lol 

Spoiler

i would’ve preferred Victor ending up with Nick

but all in all, it’s still a fun watch tho you can tell it’s very rushed

Edited by Taylucifer

Apparently they were informed about the cancellation while they were filming which is why the last EPs were so rushed :rip: 

I haven’t watched yet but this show deserved better! Now we have nothing :weeps: 

I liked it for the most part but hate who he ended up with 

It's a better season than season 2 simply because a lot of the things in season 2 didn't flow, but a lot of the really dramatic moments felt REALLY underwhelming because of the writing and the fast-paced editing, examples being Mia and her mom and Lake and her mom (Mind you, this one had been a well set up conflict throughout the entire show and then they deliver this... )

Also, I'm sorry I just think that Victor should've ended alone or with new guy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.