• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloo

• publikcitizen

• AbeHicks

• Roberto

• ATRL Moderator
Spoiler

Benji breaking up with Victor cause Victor is an emotional trigger for his alcoholism is just… :gaycat6:

The drama of this show is so forced. I’m sorry. 

(Spoiler related to the end of ep 2)

39 minutes ago, EyesOnMe said:

Not the official soundtrack getting the EP treatment :rip: 

Season 1 teas

Season 2 got the full meal

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished it. It was okay. It's about what I expected in terms of quality, there were a few slight surprises albeit most of it is pretty predictable. Given its brevity, it's worth a watch if you watched the first two seasons and just wanna see how it all unfolds.

I kinda have no desire to watch this season. At first I thought it was a weird decision to end it, but it makes sense now, it’s moment has really passed. :rip:

To be fair when the first season came out we were desperately in need of shows like this. The issue now is that others have done it much better since.

Rahim is so dramatic, it’s a buzzkill. :rip: Then again, everyone kinda is? :skull: There is also way too much going on for 30 minute episodes. Cut the parents chile.

Even though the show is flawed, I get some type of comfort from watching it. Not sure what I’ll watch instead to get my YA fix.

Edited by touchofmyhand

4 hours ago, Bloo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Benji breaking up with Victor cause Victor is an emotional trigger for his alcoholism is just… :gaycat6:

It’s so exhausting. :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, fountain said:

I kinda have no desire to watch this season. At first I thought it was a weird decision to end it, but it makes sense now, it’s moment has really passed. :rip:

To be fair when the first season came out we were desperately in need of shows like this. The issue now is that others have done it much better since.

I was in the same mindframe as you, the trailer for season 3 really pissed me off but I'm on ep 3 so far and  the season is much better than I expected it to be.

The writing in these last few episodes is CRAZY. They fit 3 seasons of material in there. :gaycat6: What the hell are all of these switch-ups? It’s 180 after 180.

Edited by touchofmyhand

ready to watch this soon :jonny6:

8 hours ago, Bloo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:bibliahh: seriously?

• ATRL Moderator

Oh god I’m nervous now 

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, #SG2 said:

The boy who plays nick is hot 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbPsXrkGm55Vvf5HAA6kn

His face is weird to me. In some scenes, the lighting makes him look like a White supremacist. In other scenes, he actually is really attractive. The lighting is make or break for him. Idk. Am I the only one that felt this way?

• ATRL Moderator

For those that have finished season 3.

Spoiler

I genuinely wish Victor and Nick stayed together. The whole theme of “bravery” is ironic because I think it would have been more brave of the show-runners to not put Victor and Benji back together. We have never seen them be good together. In season 1, we see them get together at the very end. Season 2 just shows them feuding and having drama. We never see them as a functional relationship and the decision to get them back together at the very end felt awful and cheap. It just felt like they wanted to placate the Venji shippers. If they wanted to do that route, I would have preferred to see them grow back into each other in a way that’s productive and communicative. Instead, the show has them avoid each other for the whole season basically. Just a really dumb decision and not at all satisfying.

Totally forgot this came out today...  I thought it was coming Friday. :celestial5:

Going to try to binge the full season later though. :duca:

Ok I’m about to start the last episode.

can’t believe this is the final season, 

i think the finale will be very rushed.

do you think that maybe they didn’t knew about this being the last season until the very end? 

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, #SG2 said:

Ok I’m about to start the last episode.

can’t believe this is the final season, 

i think the finale will be very rushed.

do you think that maybe they didn’t knew about this being the last season until the very end? 

Some people say that. But I think it’s clear from the start it’s meant to be the last season. The show just isn’t written well and has done a terrible job tying up all the stories satisfactorily, which is why I think people feel that way. But the way the show ends up has been built up to through the whole season which is why I think they knew ahead of time. Apparently, Disney/Hulu have not been happy with the streaming numbers for season 2 and the social media engagement. It took them a while to renew it for another season if I remember correctly. So yeah, I think this was established early on among themselves. 

A really good if a little rushed season. Perfect ending too :clap3:

Spoiler

Victor picking Benji then Benji breaking up with him then going with Nick who started off as a f*ckboi then as a boyfriend and then ending off with the closeted kid had me howling :ahh:

Felix's "He's not a dick, he just wants dick" is the line of the season :ahh: So was Lake's "Dua Lipa's doing pizza" cookbook line :ahh:

The Lucas & Diego episode :ahh: Especially when Eureka showed up :rip:

Glad the writers weren't too predictable in having Felix & Lake end up together,  I like Lake & Lucy together.  Glad Mia didn't give up on Andrew, he was truly the most doting boyfriend this season. And I'm glad Rahim had a happy ending with Connor, his homophobic uncle though :biblio:

Love that the series ended up just like the movie with Victor & Benji kissing on the ferris wheel though surprised Simon didn't have a cameo at all. 

Will miss this show heavily,  it remains a cute and important show for the community. 

THIS CAM OUT TODAY! OMG! I love this show

3 hours ago, Bloo said:

Some people say that. But I think it’s clear from the start it’s meant to be the last season. The show just isn’t written well and has done a terrible job tying up all the stories satisfactorily, which is why I think people feel that way. But the way the show ends up has been built up to through the whole season which is why I think they knew ahead of time. Apparently, Disney/Hulu have not been happy with the streaming numbers for season 2 and the social media engagement. It took them a while to renew it for another season if I remember correctly. So yeah, I think this was established early on among themselves. 

Yeah it must be the written.

I have to say even I enjoyed the season, it felt it was all over the place.

A lot of tramas but none really goes anywhere and when you least expect it you’re in the final episode.

Season 1 is definitely the best one. After that something happened in the writing room.

Spoiler

Is it just me or they just hinted a spin-off with Liam & Nick in the final episode?

it seems Liam’s purpose on the season was just to be introduced for a spin-off.

Maybe this should have been a cute lil one season limited series 

Spoiler

Or maybe even just a lil Netflix sequel :gayalipacat3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, #SG2 said:

Yeah it must be the written.

I have to say even I enjoyed the season, it felt it was all over the place.

A lot of tramas but none really goes anywhere and when you least expect it you’re in the final episode.

Season 1 is definitely the best one. After that something happened in the writing room.

Hide contents

Is it just me or they just hinted a spin-off with Liam & Nick in the final episode?

it seems Liam’s purpose on the season was just to be introduced for a spin-off.

Spoiler

I don’t think they would set Liam up for a spin off when he could be erased from the show and the plot wouldn’t be affected at all. He’s just a throwaway character for Victor to “mess up” by being annoying person and trying to force someone out of the closet (“I can be his Simon!!!” cringe lol).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.