The Wheel of Time | Season 2 Out Now on Prime Video

Eóghan

in the books my fave trinity is Mat, Lanfear, and Berelain (who appears at the end of book 3) so I'm glad Lanfear is getting the acclaim she deserves.

• Like 1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kummercell

• KFC

• TomTom

• Drowned8World

I remember liking the first season. I watched a recap on youtube, even paid attention to the one they did at the start and still had absolutely NO idea what I was watching the entire first episode :deadbanana: 

The last 5 minutes were so dark I couldn't see sh*t I have no clue wtf happened there. Idk if it's my tv or what but it was just screams and moans for a whole 5 minutes. 

Hopefully I get the hang of it by the next episode cause :rip: 

8 hours ago, AxelFox said:

I remember liking the first season. I watched a recap on youtube, even paid attention to the one they did at the start and still had absolutely NO idea what I was watching the entire first episode :deadbanana: 

The last 5 minutes were so dark I couldn't see sh*t I have no clue wtf happened there. Idk if it's my tv or what but it was just screams and moans for a whole 5 minutes. 

Hopefully I get the hang of it by the next episode cause :rip: 

Ashjdkf it's not your TV, the night time scenes and specifically the fight scenes in the first episode are very hard to follow :rip:

i thought i was the only one who noticed that all the action scenes are at night and you can't see sh*t lol

this season is really good. Waaaay better than S1. i'm surprised

I love this season so far, better than S1 (which Ialready liked)

Moiraine slays as usual, I love that we really see how committed she is to her cause, even when she has to make tough decisions. I love the worldbuilding and costuming this season as well, all the different nations feel like actual real cultures. This season is serving BUDGET. Hopefully this doesn't  get cancelled, I can see it being the next Game of Thrones tbh

• Like 1

I've decided I can't take the week long wait between episodes so I'm waiting till they're all out and then I'll binge them. See you in 3 weeks Lanfear Hive!

This weeks episode was so good. I hate that its only 8 episodes.

13 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

This weeks episode was so good. I hate that its only 8 episodes.

Eh two episodes left? It should be 12 at least :-*

Not me complaining Egwene has been boring, only to have the best episode so far completely centered on her. That was brutal, harrowing stuff. Both actresses knocked it out of the park.

I hope word of mouth wil start to pick up, because it's too good now to not continue. They really learned from the mistakes of season one.

damn this last episode was BRUTAL. and i'm usually not shook by violence in media so me saying it means a lot. props to madeleine madden, she really sold me with her acting and i really felt for egwene 

great moiraine moments as usual, still my favourite character! i love that the overall plot thickens and it wasn't a filler episode, which is what i was worried about. this season is so far even better than the first one. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Haze said:

Not me complaining Egwene has been boring, only to have the best episode so far completely centered on her. That was brutal, harrowing stuff. Both actresses knocked it out of the park.

I hope word of mouth wil start to pick up, because it's too good now to not continue. They really learned from the mistakes of season one.

the Egwene plot has me shook. actually scary, especially the final scene with the sitter 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomTom said:

"Lady Lanfear" :jonny6:

"Ishy, dear" :jonny6:

I fully believe she just projected Ishy's likeness into the dream to make Rand trust her more tbh

'oh see, I'm protecting you!' 

• Like 1

another great episode. knowing what's to come I couldn't be more excited for the next two episodes.

Madeleine Madden completely dominated the episode

I just started watching 2 days ago and almost at the end of episode 5. What a ******* slay this season. Its better than LotR  and GoT combined IMO.. and thanks for not really any spoilers in here

• Like 2

This season has also suffered from a mediocre script, containing too many boring conversations. The show needs more action, intrigue, romance and sex. Having said that, I just finished watching episode 5 and think it was much better than the previous episodes. 

I still find the way they opted to make the show diverse somewhat annoying by making every little remote town look like a United Colors of Benetton ad. Why can’t the part inspired by Europe be european? The part inspired by Asia (Fal Dara seemed asian-esque) be asian? …etc… The new group introduced in episode 4 could’ve been represented by another ethnic group. 

And where is Daryl Mccormack’s character?

Edited by bluceleste

There's a promo for the next two episodes on IG (can't link bc I'm on mobile) and omg :jonnycat:

The Falme arc is going to be my favorite TV moment this year, I'm so excited

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

There's a promo for the next two episodes on IG (can't link bc I'm on mobile) and omg :jonnycat:

The Falme arc is going to be my favorite TV moment this year, I'm so excited

I'm excited, I'm loving this season.

8 episodes does not do this justice, tbh.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 2:03 PM, bluceleste said:

I still find the way they opted to make the show diverse somewhat annoying by making every little remote town look like a United Colors of Benetton ad.

I have not read the books so idk how the characters/locations were described in the source material, but I don't mind the show being diverse. I think the casting is good for the most part. I kinda get what you're saying that in a medieval setting people living in a certain geographical area would probably resemble each other more, but I have not really thought about it when watching the show.

5 hours ago, DR0GO said:

I'm excited, I'm loving this season.

8 episodes does not do this justice, tbh.

to be honest... (book 2 spoilers, nothing major btw if you ever plan on reading it)

Spoiler

book 2 is pretty uneventful so an 8 episode season works perfectly for it :rip: it's mostly focused on character development and they kinda just walk around for 70% of it.

(I'm only up to book 7 so if anyone reads this please do not spoil me) 

but yeah, I hope they get an even bigger budget and more episodes for season 3. I fully believe that it could sustain a 10 episode season like GoT used to do.

Just take some money off of RoP since that was pretty much a failure and let WoT shine :WAP:

Edited by Kummercell

On 9/24/2023 at 10:03 AM, bluceleste said:

This season has also suffered from a mediocre script, containing too many boring conversations. The show needs more action, intrigue, romance and sex. Having said that, I just finished watching episode 5 and think it was much better than the previous episodes. 

I still find the way they opted to make the show diverse somewhat annoying by making every little remote town look like a United Colors of Benetton ad. Why can’t the part inspired by Europe be european? The part inspired by Asia (Fal Dara seemed asian-esque) be asian? …etc… The new group introduced in episode 4 could’ve been represented by another ethnic group. 

And where is Daryl Mccormack’s character?

the last thing we need from this show is romance and sex. They tried hard the first season and failed. Everytime they come close to that in this season it becomes cringy quickly. For what i understand, this a problem in the books too. The author was bad writing relationships and romantic stuff.

Actions, yes. I agree with that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.