Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

This is way better than Love, Victor in my opinion. For me, it's a better spiritual successor to Love, Simon than Victor ever was. :heart2:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Agree with all of the above, the characters are so adorable and so heartwarming. I really don’t need any forced crisis to be engaged and I hope it stays that way. I don’t want to read the comic further as S2 is definitely (hopefully) happening, but from what I’ve read online they just continue to be happy together, traveling and learning about themselves - I’m all here for that!

I mostly happen to compare the show with Sex Education. Obviously it doesn’t exclusively focus on queer love, but it’s very present and also well portrayed. I also find it more relatable, because HS characters are way younger, facing different struggles. But the main difference in the overall progress is that Sex Ed wouldn’t just let any character impact the events without explanation of their actions. What I mean by that is for example Harry, we all hate him, he is a bully, he keeps messing things up. So ultimately the solution is to just sweep him under the rug / suspend from the school, we might never hear from him again. But in reality there is probably something more to that, maybe he is very insecure about something too, maybe he is jealous of Charlie, his bravery, maybe it’s because of his situation at home, etc. etc. we shall never know. It’s not any criticism to Heartstopper of course, I’m still debating with myself if I would even want the show to tackle such idea.

I personally like that Harry isn’t super elaborated upon. They might do that in season 2. There’s a lot of things in season 1 that were included to build upon the characters that wasn’t in the comics. But I think sob stories for bad people can be good and eye-opening, but we rarely get them in real life. I think sometimes people are jerks and we have to leave it up to our imaginations as to why. Given how short the show is, I’d rather the runtime focus on the core cast of characters rather than the antagonists. I will say, Ben was included more in the show than in the comics and I do appreciate how he was incorporated but a big, dramatic back story to gain major sympathy with us is never given and I still prefer it that way. We don’t need to know the exact details of Ben’s home life to understand his self-loathing. But we do need to see how his self-loathing affects Charlie and how Charlie grows because of it. 

13 minutes ago, Axolotl said:

This is way better than Love, Victor in my opinion. For me, it's a better spiritual successor to Love, Simon than Victor ever was. :heart2:

I agree. 

Why i feel i wanna watch it again for the 3rd time? Why im like this? This is the first time in my life that something like that is happening :heart2:

12 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Have they done any promo in the US yet?

Unfortunately not. I was hoping the cast would do a virtual interview with the Kelly Clarkson show. 

8 minutes ago, Nando_05 said:

Why i feel i wanna watch it again for the 3rd time? Why im like this? This is the first time in my life that something like that is happening :heart2:

It's a comfort show and it makes the person watching it feel good. Maybe that's why you want to watch it again.

40 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

It's a comfort show and it makes the person watching it feel good. Maybe that's why you want to watch it again.

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

I actually liked Tao, probably because the actor is good looking  :emofish:

he is handsome but I cannnnnot stand those bangs :lmao:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

Unfortunately not. I was hoping the cast would do a virtual interview with the Kelly Clarkson show. 

I’m staying stupidly optimistic that they’re holding out for an in-person interview after Kit and Joe finish their exams. :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I’m staying stupidly optimistic that they’re holding out for an in-person interview after Kit and Joe finish their exams. :toofunny3:

I think what is more likely is they will do US press for season 2 if there is one. 

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I think what is more likely is they will do US press for season 2 if there is one. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed bestie.

48edbd3a79eb7ad8a7a29cbf90ad89107db2a31d.gifv

Why is this flopping in the US while smashing in the rest of the world?

5 hours ago, Nando_05 said:

Me too. I have to be careful though so I don’t trigger my depression lol

4 minutes ago, luanziie said:

I don’t think it’s flopping in the US. It was in the top 10 for two weeks I think and I always see it trending on my Netflix page 

3 hours ago, Bloo said:

Let's keep our fingers crossed bestie.

48edbd3a79eb7ad8a7a29cbf90ad89107db2a31d.gifv

I honestly just need another interview or video of Kit teasing Joe lol 

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, luanziie said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I think this show has a good shot of rebounding in June and picking up more streams for Pride. 

18 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I think this show has a good shot of rebounding in June and picking up more streams for Pride. 

Yep! And also, something to consider is that it’s been in the top 10 three weeks in a row WW for English shows. I think that’s pretty impressive. It’ll probably be in the top 10 for another week.

27 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The Pride bounce is coming :clap3: 

Cheesy and cliché, but super sweet (and, of course, necessary). I cried, lol. 

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

The Pride bounce is coming :clap3: 

Yep! Let’s hope Netflix does some good US promo for Heartstopper for Pride. It probably will have better word of mouth to strike interest for people to watch it during Pride than Love Victor. (I know it keeps coming up as the obvious competitor but oh well.)

I remember hating every single character on Love Victor, I don't know if I can do this again, this new season will probably be a skip :gaycat6:

Kit's expressions throughout the show and irl are so cute.:smitten2:

Edited by clee95

1 minute ago, clee95 said:

Kit's expressions throughout the show and irl are so cute.:smitten2:

If you follow some of the fan accounts, they post analysis of some scenes from the show that you wouldn’t think about when you’re watching. I’ve seen some lately for Kit’s portrayal of Nick and how his subtle expression or body language makes the scenes he’s in a lot more deeper or thought out, especially with Joe. It’s just amazing the amount of details that goes into this show with the acting. Seeing those kind of posts make me appreciate the show even more! 

Some examples I saw on Twitter :smitten:

7 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Does KC show have a huge conservative followings? Any lgbtq guests in the past who specifically talked about lgbtq issues?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.