Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing in October

Gossip_Boy

Just started, its so ******* cute :jonny6: love the tone and the direction,finally a queer show is just sweet and warm

and I didn't know Olivia was in it too wow:jonny6:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

4 hours ago, Bloo said:

0.9 points too low I fear.

Bloo has SPOKEN

Bloo

9 hours ago, Bloo said:

That's good. As long as they're at the helm, I think this could make for a very important piece of queer media. I'm hoping they explore more with Elle's background. I am so happy she is a main character and is played by a trans actress. I hope Tao becomes more tolerable and enjoyable in the future if he's going to be a love interest for Elle.

(I'm also hoping we learn more about Isaac because that boy was a damn mystery throughout this first season.)

Same. He wasn't in the visual novels. :psyduck:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Squall said:

You know it doesn't deserve to be that high yourself :cm: 

I watched it last night and I'm rewatching it right now so I'll let you know once I finish if my opinion changes. :-* 

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Squall said:

You know it doesn't deserve to be that high yourself :cm: 

Just finished my second watch through it and I’ve decided it still deserves a perfect score. :bam:

7 hours ago, Lord Gaga said:

Deserves to have the entire book series up to this point adapted 

870.gif

15 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Just finished my second watch through it and I’ve decided it still deserves a perfect score. :bam:

Would the two-time viewee Bloo lie? :clap3: 

It must be TABS :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Would the two-time viewee Bloo lie? :clap3: 

It must be TABS :clap3: 

I fear it must be. :keir: 

Y’all best go stream I Belong In Your Arms by Chairlift. 

:celestial2:  Super cute !!

now I need a boyfriend asap and continuing enjoying my life doing what makes me happy and feeling young forever:heart2: 

13 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I hope we get more positive and hopeful LGBT shows like this in the future. Enough of depression, we need hope and inspiration!

And not just for highschoolers either, older gays need romantic representation too :eli: 

1 hour ago, Khal said:

And not just for highschoolers either, older gays need romantic representation too :eli: 

RIGHT?

Give us a cute University/Working adult romance next  :clap3: 

3 hours ago, Khal said:

Yes, I need a gay trying to find his place in the world while being 25 and falling in love with his longtime best friend who is bi, while he thought he was straight this whole time :jonnycat:

14 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Yes, I need a gay trying to find his place in the world while being 25 and falling in love with his longtime best friend who is bi, while he thought he was straight this whole time :jonnycat:

This is.... oddly specific

OT: i finally watched this and I had a great time. The way i kept smiling almost throughout at the series too. I need to rewatch this again this weekend :jonny:

"I'm not like homophobic. I'm an ally!"'

"Congratulations??"

"We thank you for your service?"

This scene is living rent free in my head :ahh:

5 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

This is.... oddly specific

OT: i finally watched this and I had a great time. The way i kept smiling almost throughout at the series too. I need to rewatch this again this weekend :jonny:

I wanna be hopeful my hot straight friend is secretly bi so I will have a chance with him by the time I turn 25 :emofish:

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

"I'm not like homophobic. I'm an ally!"'

"Congratulations??"

"We thank you for your service?"

This scene is living rent free in my head :ahh:

I was cackling so loud watching this scene :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I need a story about a mid-20s POC gay leaving his home town and moving to a big city and finds the love of his life. I need this for a friend. Obviously. 

:jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

is it good?

tumblr_ppcjvj1YSR1urpzcio2_400.thumb.png

It’s a 10/10. Only people that hate Joy and happiness think otherwise. :keir:

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Bloo said:

It’s a 10/10. Only people that hate Joy and happiness think otherwise. :keir:

This this this. 

starting it. now i'm both so kilig while depressed at the same time. i wish i experienced puppy love.

I'm legit fighting with some people on Twitter criticizing the show for being "unrealistic to the the regular gay experience". I'm like??? There's no one set gay experience, we need to drop this. Coming out experiences for kids nowadays definitely easier than past decades.

Gay representation in media is always so filled with trauma and heartbreak. Why can't we have one show that is unabashedly romantic, sweet and joyful? I'm glad queer kids will have a show like this to lean on, I wish I had it when I was younger. 

5 hours ago, Khal said:

i'm like yes gays in their 30's and 40's

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

I'm legit fighting with some people on Twitter criticizing the show for being "unrealistic to the the regular gay experience". I'm like??? There's no one set gay experience, we need to drop this. Coming out experiences for kids nowadays definitely easier than past decades.

Gay representation in media is always so filled with trauma and heartbreak. Why can't we have one show that is unabashedly romantic, sweet and joyful? I'm glad queer kids will have a show like this to lean on, I wish I had it when I was younger. 

I agree. I don't get the need to have depressing media in all of our LGBTQ+ media. We have plenty of that. So many gay films I watched as a kid featured suicide, drug abuse, death, HIV/AIDS, and other just awful things to where I got the impression that being gay unequivocally made your life hell. As a kid, I never had a "homophobic" phase. Even when I went to church (lol), I was pretty vocal about my support for same-sex marriage and got eyes when I said I didn't attend the Chick-Fil-A Day when the founder said they opposed same-sex marriage. I was always pretty supportive of LGBTQ+ people but I, myself, didn't want to be gay because I felt I had enough hardship.

I can't imagine the impact watching some basic (but well-crafted) movie like Love Simon would have had on me as a gay adolescent. I feel the same way about Heartstopper. We can have dramas and more raw, dark stories out there. But to silence stories that paint a different picture or tell a different experience is just regressive, reductive, and harmful. We need more media representation in general.

There are some in the community that will complain about any gay coupling in media as being stereotypical (e.g., either the characters are too stereotypically femme, they're too masculine that they don't come off as queer enough, or it's heteronormative because it's a masculine guy being paired with a more feminine guy). No single piece of media can capture the diversity of the wildly diverse LGBTQ+ community. Which is why we need more media and we need to support LGBTQ+ media so that more is made in the hopes that more people can see themselves in some representation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.