• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

Just watched this yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it. It was so beautiful and wholesome, I can't believe some people are attacking it for "not being realistic" when we actually need more actually happy LGBT media like this and not something that makes you feel miserable. The whole show was filmed and lit in such a cozy way and I loved the on screen drawings to keep with the comic book feel. I also really liked how they cast actual age appropriate actors for every role, they are actual teens and not adults playing teens. The characters had so much chemistry and I can't wait to see the second season. I wish there was more LGBT content like this when I was in school.

3 hours ago, mystery said:

Just watched this yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it. It was so beautiful and wholesome, I can't believe some people are attacking it for "not being realistic" when we actually need more actually happy LGBT media like this and not something that makes you feel miserable. The whole show was filmed and lit in such a cozy way and I loved the on screen drawings to keep with the comic book feel. I also really liked how they cast actual age appropriate actors for every role, they are actual teens and not adults playing teens. The characters had so much chemistry and I can't wait to see the second season. I wish there was more LGBT content like this when I was in school.

I think it’s really important to normalize queer joy especially in the media. In a time like this where in the US, ultra conservatives are passing anti lgbtq laws and transphobia/homophobia are having an early 2000s re-emergence style, this show was released at the right time that gives us hope and joy regardless of our life stories. I feel a lot of dread about the future of LGBT rights in the US so having this show is a comfort for me at the moment. 

i mean Hallmark channel has every straight happy ending under the sun for each temperature season. i think we can spare 1 netflix show to have happy endings for LGBTQ+. i guess this is why heartstopper blew up as well since it's a rarity :rip:

Absolutely loved this series. I wish the episodes were longer but I related to it so much, I wish a show like this was around when I was in high school.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

This scene made me nauseous thinking about Nick's socks and shoes being soaked :mazen:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

This scene made me nauseous thinking about Nick's socks and shoes being soaked :mazen:

I legit didn’t realize he was wearing his shoes when he went in the water until now. :toofunny2: 

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

:dies: i said the same thing back on page 4, i think there was a viral tweet about it too, the horror :mazen:

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

omg yes :dies: 

This was okay,  nice for the lgbt chirren. Crazy middle of the road but somehow STILL better than love Victor, idek....anyway.

I enjoyed harry getting stomped, we need more attacks on homophobes, doesn't matter whether the phobe is het or lgbt, I want them on the ground if possible.

Gimme less ugly hairstyles and gimme actual boy culture. Gay boys do participate in guy behavior, where's that kind of cringe mess?

starting my second watch and tori is probably the best character on this show :deadbanana2:

she be having me dying laughing 

This was so so so cute :heart:

32 minutes ago, blaggot said:

starting my second watch and tori is probably the best character on this show :deadbanana2:

she be having me dying laughing 

She's so great. I wish we could've seen more of her especially since she is the same year as Elle, Darcy and Tara. 

10 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

She's so great. I wish we could've seen more of her especially since she is the same year as Elle, Darcy and Tara. 

I haven’t read the comics but I definitely hope there’s more of her in the next season 

Now why is this video so hilarious? :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.