Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) | Chris Hemsworth

Broken

7 hours ago, BNF91 said:

I thought I was being conservative with my prediction but even $22M will be unreachable this weekend. 

Tragic $5.6M Friday, down 57% from last Friday :rip: objectively bad. Don't think it's even hitting $20M, maybe $18.5-19M. Reaching Ragnarok is pretty much dead I think. 

gqCjZq4.gif

Perhaps Disney need to wake up and start give what fans have wanted all along because this is not it :rip: 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

If this doesn't hit $700 million then there's no way Disney stans can keep acting like its a success considering it has a $250 million budget. :rip:

Especially considering how hard MCU stans were going in on The Batman's BO saying it wasn't a success. 

7 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

If this doesn't hit $700 million then there's no way Disney stans can keep acting like its a success considering it has a $250 million budget. :rip:

Especially considering how hard MCU stans were going in on The Batman's BO saying it wasn't a success. 

250M budget + 100M promos. It needs at least 700M to make profits.

gqCjZq4.gif

48 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

At this point there is no way it will outgross The Batman for sure.

Estimates revised to $6.4M. A bit better and back on track with my forecast.  $20-22M weekend. Still, not that great but not as disastrous as that $5.6M early estimate.  

:gaycat: Onto the 700M club next. 

I hope we do NOT get a Thor 5. Let this man do other projects. 

On 7/17/2022 at 9:24 AM, Swiftie07 said:

This film will be lucky to gross 700m which makes it the first MCU film that will fail to outgross its predecessor. 

Girl, you're in danger. 

It's at about $600 mil for its 3rd weekend :lakitu:

I don't think this will outgross Ragnarok :rip: 598M after 3 weeks seem too low.

Taika should focus his energy to indie movies. It's where he excels the most.

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

I finally got around to seeing this today at the cinema and I loved it so much. Ragnarok was amazing, but I think I might actually prefer Love and Thunder.

The ending has me so pumped for Thor 5. ? 

do you think Feige will pull a Star Wars and quietly remove Taika from Thor 5? or will he let him finish his trilogy?

28 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

do you think Feige will pull a Star Wars and quietly remove Taika from Thor 5? or will he let him finish his trilogy?

I think he will let him finish Thor 5. It’s already passed what it needed to be green-lit a sequel. And Thor Vs. Other gods would be a great finale to his arc. 

I'm not a big fan of Marvel movies but I liked this one.it was okay

Edited by Sweetestsecret

I just watched it. I liked it? It felt rushed at times but it was still a good movie. The ending was so bittersweet. :'(

I wish it didn't underperform since I thought it was better than most Marvel movies. I hope Disney doesn't take this as a sign to reduce LGBT+ representation in their films. I think a lot of its underperformance just has to do with the fact that there have been so much MCU content coming out and people are feeling fatigued.

1 hour ago, Jotham said:

I just watched it. I liked it? It felt rushed at times but it was still a good movie. The ending was so bittersweet. :'(

I wish it didn't underperform since I thought it was better than most Marvel movies. I hope Disney doesn't take this as a sign to reduce LGBT+ representation in their films. I think a lot of its underperformance just has to do with the fact that there have been so much MCU content coming out and people are feeling fatigued.

Underperformance? It did fine... Thor was never a billion Box office franchise...'Love and thunder' is gonna surpass 'The Dark World' on box office next week

Love & Thunder is one of Marvels most successful films of the last 3 years? same with Docter Strange. 600 Million gross in 3 weeks, even with a 250M budget + multiplyer for marketing, it is a sucess. Every other Marvel film this Phase had nearly the same budget and was a sucess for Disney, so what are y’all talking like 50 more million is such a drastic difference ??

Black Widow

Budget: 200 Million 

Gross: 379 Million

Shang Chi

Gross: 432 Million

Eternals

Gross: 401 Million

Docter Strange 2

Gross: 954 Million

Thor Love & Thunder

Budget: 250 Million

Gross: 607 Million and counting

as you can see these are the facts, nearly every film this phase is roughly the same budget and made its money back+ expenses on Marketing with a minimum of 100+ Million profit. ? this isn’t including the profit they get from Disney+ after 45 days. Scarlett Johansson even states that Disney plus movies generates tens of Millions more. Disney movies are slowly increasing and beyond the 400M Gross, back to pre-pandemic. so I don’t get the whole Marvel is declining talk. At least In box office, it’s literally not 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Slipped to #3 on Friday.

Will this even gross 700M?

gqCjZq4.gif

45 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Slipped to #3 on Friday.

Will this even gross 700M?

gqCjZq4.gif

Yes it will cross it most likely but it will be close to the edge.

Well at least $700M seems a given maybe. It probably won't hit D+ until the end of August so that gives it a few more weeks to go. 

6 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

Well at least $700M seems a given maybe. It probably won't hit D+ until the end of August so that gives it a few more weeks to go. 

Yes it will reach $700M

It will hit Disney+ last week of August. So like when the 2nd episode of She-hulk week drops. $750M this time next week I assume. :clap3:

10 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It will hit Disney+ last week of August. So like when the 2nd episode of She-hulk week drops. $750M this time next week I assume. :clap3:

A hit..now we will wait for the 5th movie Thor vs. Hercules 

Just now, Sweetestsecret said:

A hit..now we will wait for the 5th movie Thor vs. Hercules 

Yes! Another Certified MCU hit. 
I think Thor Vs. Hercules is gonna be fun

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.